Good news: WHO issues new outdoor events guidelines

Big Blitz

Limit capacity.  If you're over 65 reconsider if you have to go. 

"The organization reportedly conceded in its guidance that suspending large events is not a realistic long-term solution, stating that since mass gatherings "have substantial political, cultural, social, and economic implications, authorities should assess the importance and necessity of an event and consider the option that it may take place, provided all associated public health risks are adequately addressed and mitigated.”

Gov. Abbott:  “If you want a prediction, my prediction is yes, we are gonna have college football beginning as scheduled ...with at least some level of fans in stands,” Abbott said Friday in an interview with KXAN-TV in Austin.

Reading between the lines.  This is a slow roll back to normal.  They are not as much a risk as thought (or they would reccomend don't have them).  They can proceed.  Take caution.   

My prediction.  We'll be full capacity much sooner than later if the data keeps trending as is.  Like by November maybe even October.  

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/500354-who-issues-new-guidance-on-outdoor-events

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Pretty sure the rioters are idiots who do not follow rules which is the same as the protesters with armed weapons protesting and those breaking down doors of stores who require you to wear mask.  Are you one of them?

sure. I just want to watch some football. Just making the comparison for those who think we don't have the right to gather to watch football, but the right to hit the streets by the thousands.

15 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

If thousands can gather in public to riot, they can gather to watch football.

Right, because protesting systemic racism and police brutality and attending a football game are totally equal in terms of importance.

• Like (+1) 3

I am still reluctant to think there will be football at all, unfortunately....at least until the authorities explain what the procedures are when athletes start contracting the virus...will the leagues shut down like the NBA?