Bills Game by Game Prediction (CBS)

cage

CBS Sports is doing a game by game prediction for each team.  In this one the Bills end up 9-7 as a Wild Card team.  They start strong, but then lose 4 of the last 5 at at the end of the season.  Its a long season, but I think they're better than this.  I don't buy the 4 game losing streak at the end and expect they'll be at least 10-6.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-2020-schedule-predicting-every-game-week-by-week-odds-matchups-projections/

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t see us losing to both the Broncos and Steelers, but it will be tough to beat the Chiefs.  I agree with the supposition of 10-6 or a stretch 11-5.  I still hold we will win the AFCE.  Why so many analysts are still picking the Patriots is beyond me.  BB is not the evil Emperor from Star Wars, lost three key defensive players, Brady, and Gronk.  I know Gronk wasn’t playing last year, but he still will most likely help the Bucs.  We have a chance to sweep the Cheats for the first time in over 20 years.

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Thank you for posting this.

When I did my knee jerk initial prediction on the season I too had the 4 game losing streak at the end.  Which was met with many “fun” reactions 

i haven’t seen anyone else agree with that until this CBS post.

Just because you AND cbs guessed it, it’s still pretty unlikely. With this staff, I’d say it’s wildly unlikely. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, teef said:

Just because you AND cbs guessed it, it’s still pretty unlikely. With this staff, I’d say it’s wildly unlikely. 

Got to agree. This staff with this talent isn’t losing more than two games in a row. I also don’t that there are that many teams better than the Bills. This staff will take a loss to an inferior team and use it as motivation to refocus the talent assembled. 

59 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Thank you for posting this.

When I did my knee jerk initial prediction on the season I too had the 4 game losing streak at the end.  Which was met with many “fun” reactions 

i haven’t seen anyone else agree with that until this CBS post.

fun as in haha. yeah, CBS and you are two peas in a pod, eh?

now, I have to ask, will you be looking to gloat if, I did say if, they finish the season on a 4 game losing streak? something tells me you will.

I'll just go out on a limb and say no chance they have a 4 game losing streak. don't worry, I'm not a gloat so I wont come back with an I told you so....:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

fun as in haha. yeah, CBS and you are two peas in a pod, eh?

now, I have to ask, will you be looking to gloat if, I did say if, they finish the season on a 4 game losing streak? something tells me you will.

I'll just go out on a limb and say no chance they have a 4 game losing streak. don't worry, I'm not a gloat so I wont come back with an I told you so....:thumbsup:

If I was going to gloat about being right...there was the past 20 years of opportunities.  Lol.

But no.  Gloating over Record Predictions...no way.  It's just a fun guessing/predicting game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Got to agree. This staff with this talent isn’t losing more than two games in a row. I also don’t that there are that many teams better than the Bills. This staff will take a loss to an inferior team and use it as motivation to refocus the talent assembled. 

there's enough talent and coaching on this team to not lose a quarter of the season.  i suppose there are injury scenarios that could lead to a slide like that, but otherwise i just can't imagine it happening against those teams.  

• Like (+1) 2

I don't think a wildcard team will come out of the AFC East this year. However, based on the AFC East schedule this season, a record of 9 and 7 will probably win the Division.

• Like (+1) 1

9-7 with what the schedule looks like on paper for the bills, and the rest of the division, could mean we have a better team than last year, still win the division and be better set up for a playoff run than last years 10-6 squad. 

that being said.... 9-7 would be a bit disappointing 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

If I was going to gloat about being right...there was the past 20 years of opportunities.  Lol.

But no.  Gloating over Record Predictions...no way.  It's just a fun guessing/predicting game.

I mean, you did feel it was necessary to mention that you predicted the same thing as CBS. To me it felt like you were gloating about it 

Last year we had the benefit of flying under the radar, the easiest schedule I've ever seen, and a very healthy roster throughout the season for the most part.  I don't think we get any of those breaks this season.  Even with the added talent a 9-7 record wouldn't surprise me.

12 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

CRAP!!!!

We aren’t losing to the Raiders, Titans, Seahawks or Stillers!!!!

We will be in the AFC Championship game at a bare minimum!!!!

SHOT CALLED?

BB, I like the optimism, but the Hawks always seems to put together a nice team, and if the Titans play like they did at the end of the season, that one is possible too.  I think it was Marietta at the helm when they played us and they weren’t running the heck out of Henry in the early part of last year.  I’m with you for sure on the Steelers and Raiders, although Big Ben is most likely back.  They were a different team without him when we beat them.  I still think we’ll beat them though. 

• Like (+1) 1

I still say we are a 10 and 6 team and win the AFC East

but

It is a BETTER 10 and 6 team.   The team nobody wants to play in the playoffs....the team that is battle tested by the tougher schedule and we progress further

I think we can make it all the way to the AFC Championship game.....and if we can do that we are a stones throw away from the big one

With all the moves we made and we go 9-7?  That is terrible.  Losing to SF by 18 and Pittsburgh by 13 at home?  That is ridiculous.  With this roster we should have a shot at 12-4.  I expect a big leap forward from JA this year.  I expect the offense to be nite and day from last year.  An improved Josh Allen.  Stefan Diggs.  Zack Moss, and an improved O line.  And we will finally have a kicker who can bang them thru w consistency from between 55 and 60.   This is our year.  12-4 and playing in the AFC Championship at a minimum.