Protest in Buffalo

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not making the leap. Community organizers said it, mayor Byron Brown said it.  And in Buffalo, all of our peaceful protests are organized by community leaders

The majority of buffalonians were peaceful protesters. Majority

While there were paid agitators Bussed in from other cities to cause disturbances.. I never said all... Majority

I was downtown earlier in the day, there were people from New Jersey Ohio Pennsylvania being bussed in for the protest

Of course protesters are bussing in to nearby major cities. That's normal.

The majority of rioters/looters are local. That's also normal.

I know you mean well, but you're sounding a little dillusional.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I think you misunderstood parts of my post.

I 100% agree they were real protesters out there, not trying to cause a disturbance

There's a difference between protesting and rioting. 

The rioting was incited from people not from this community

i think you may be right. I also think there’s no way of knowing for sure unless they arrest main agitators and find out where they’re from. But trust, I’ve lived in Buffalo my whole life, I hope you’re right.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Of course protesters are bussing in to nearby major cities. That's normal.

The majority of rioters/looters are local. That's also normal.

I know you mean well, but you're sounding a little dillusional.

The mayor said it, city leaders have, police have said it. There were agitators inciting riots not from this community

It'd be delusional if you didn't believe them

And it's not normal in Buffalo

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

The mayor said it, city leaders have, police have said it. There were agitators inciting riots not from this community

If you're going to claim that government leaders and law enforcement are supporting the theory that most rioters in every city are actually paid outsiders, then please provide a link.

The Minneapolis mayor said the same thing Thursday - that everyone they nabbed was out of towners. Then he walked it back. I’m just saying we don’t know. I know people that were down there I will ask them if they ran into BS like that and report back. Again, I am not calling you a liar I just don’t know.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

If you're going to claim that government leaders and law enforcement are supporting the theory that most rioters in every city are actually paid outsiders, then please provide a link.

https://mobile.twitter.com/news4buffalo/status/1266823919845154818

I specifically am talking buffalo

and here's mayor Byron Brown saying that agitators were coming to this city to cause disturbances and violence

Outsiders not buffalonians

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

The Minneapolis mayor said the same thing Thursday - that everyone they nabbed was out of towners. Then he walked it back. I’m just saying we don’t know. I know people that were down there I will ask them if they ran into BS like that and report back. Again, I am not calling you a liar I just don’t know.

Maybe its a tactic they're trying to use to unite locals

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/investigations/kare-11-investigates-records-show-arrests-mostly-minnesotans-as-george-floyd-protests-riots-continue-minneapolis-st-paul/89-73f3e0e8-0664-41d5-8d3e-4467d04da7cb

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I know people that were there. There were real Buffalo protesters

But there was also tons of out-of-staters trying to agitate 

Edited by Buffalo716

I know people that were there. There were real Buffalo protesters

But there was also tons of out-of-staters trying to agitate 

All good. Haven’t talked to many personally yet but the few that I did last night did say “a few” seemed like out of towners. So we’ll see. Again, not calling you a liar far from it bud.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

this is exactly what i was talking about. No idea why that mayor made that statement with widely wrong info.

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

All good. Haven’t talked to many personally yet but the few that I did last night did say “a few” seemed like out of towners. So we’ll see. Again, not calling you a liar far from it bud.

I'm still awake at 6 a.m. and haven't slept yet because how sad this has made me

You say you've been a buffalonian all your life , so then you know how our community rallies behind stuff

We have tons of issues in our city but last night wasn't the city that I was born and raised in

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm still awake at 6 a.m. and haven't slept yet because how sad this has made me

You say you've been a buffalonian all your life , so then you know how our community rallies behind stuff

We have tons of issues in our city but last night wasn't the city that I was born and raised in

damn right well said. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/news4buffalo/status/1266823919845154818

I specifically am talking buffalo

and here's mayor Byron Brown saying that agitators were coming to this city to cause disturbances and violence

Outsiders not buffalonians

The evidence says otherwise in Minnesota and Pittsburgh (see link above). Perhaps a Buffalo news agency will check police records as well.

Maybe another reason to use this tactic is to dissuade the President from calling out local Democratic leaders like he did to Minnesota, calling them weak.

I'm saddened like you are that we can't seem to unite as a country, state, community; any level. Faith in your community is a good thing to have. Hang in there.

• Like (+1) 2

Great night for me, great night again for this country.

Tonight I received a phone call from the company monitoring my business' at 11:20,  my alarm system detected a problem. I told them to send the police tho I knew my biz would get hit, I told them I'm not going in (I get these calls 3 or 4 times a year) I go up there and I'm alone, cops have left cuz it's nothing, no problem... apparently not tonight.

Tonight I was awoken about 1:30 by the police , pounding on my front door... thankfully the problem wasn't family etc, everybody dreads those calls late at night... however my business was looted, thousands of dollars in damage and theft. I answered the door in my skivives (picture not included)(your welcome), Thankfully my surveillance system got some great pics and they are in the posession of the Irondequoit PD.

Saddest part is that I am a couple weeks shy of retiring., finalizing a sale now... Thanks for the nice sendoff #######.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The evidence says otherwise in Minnesota and Pittsburgh (see link above). Perhaps a Buffalo news agency will check police records as well.

Maybe another reason to use this tactic is to dissuade the President from calling out local Democratic leaders like he did to Minnesota, calling them weak.

I'm saddened like you are that we can't seem to unite as a country, state, community; any level. Faith in your community is a good thing to have. Hang in there.

Thank you good talk ?

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Tonight I received a phone call from the company monitoring my business' at 11:20,  my alarm system detected a problem. I told them to send the police tho I knew my biz would get hit, I told them I'm not going in (I get these calls 3 or 4 times a year) I go up there and I'm alone, cops have left cuz it's nothing, no problem... apparently not tonight.

Tonight I was awoken about 1:30 by the police , pounding on my front door... thankfully the problem wasn't family etc, everybody dreads those calls late at night... however my business was looted, thousands of dollars in damage and theft. I answered the door in my skivives (picture not included)(your welcome), Thankfully my surveillance system got some great pics and they are in the posession of the Irondequoit PD.

Saddest part is that I am a couple weeks shy of retiring., finalizing a sale now... Thanks for the nice sendoff #######.

Wow that's terrible to hear man

though I'm a little confused how you said you were woken up twice by the alarm company tonight?

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Sorry to hear that. It's so *****. 

We need a real leader to unite this country and elevate our society. All we have is a bunch of finger-pointers keeping us stuck in the mud.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Sorry to hear that. It's so *****. 

We need a real leader to unite this country and elevate our society. All we have is a bunch of finger-pointers keeping us stuck in the mud.

Seriously!

Martin Luther King Junior is rolling over in his grave right now and so is all our founding fathers

What happened to leadership

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sorry but no known community activist or organizer put this together.

the community leaders themselves said stay away because this was not organized by anybody in the community

Byron Brown said it himself

And I live here and was downtown all day, there were tons of people not from Buffalo protesting

I live in Buffalo too but I don't have the time to interview protesters

"Hey, where you from?"

" Do you collect bricks for a living?"

21 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

...stay strong my good friend......hopefully insurance covers the losses......look forward to your retirement.....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Augie said:

It’s a friggin’ mess in Atlanta. The murderer has been charged with murder. The other three cops need to be charged with something as well, IMO. That does not entitle anyone to loot Kroger for food or steal a big new TV. ALL the criminals need to face the music! 

Sorry if that’s too “real”, I’ll gladly delete. 

The other three cops helped murder an unarmed American citizen and should be charged as such, we as a society need to hold the perpetrators of crimes responsible regardless if they happen to be the police or not, police killing unarmed citizens has to stop or our country is no better than any other tin horn dictatorship that murders their citizens. Enough already America! 

• Like (+1) 4