Protest in Buffalo

10 hours ago, Wacka said:

On the morning news, that said that the cops were clearing Niagara Square  at 8 PM at the start of curfew Why was he there in the first place?  Could have a small cut on the head. They bleed profusely.  when mu brother was a kid a neighbor kid hit him in the he'd with a small tock. One or Two stiches,  blood was pouring down.

If that happened in London Ontario, then I deeply apologize. I’m still haunted by that puerile gaff. Fam was visiting friends there. Big kerfuffle. 

22 minutes ago, snafu said:

I didn’t say “all”. 

Thank you for your restraint. 

Now die, boomer!

I'm just making it clear that I didn't create the millennials.  That's not on me.  

And you "all" better be good to us.  Boomers will likely transfer $70 trillion (yeah trillion).  That "Cats Are Us" foundation is looking real good.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm just making it clear that I didn't create the millennials.  That's not on me.  

And you "all" better be good to us.  Boomers will likely transfer $70 trillion (yeah trillion).  That "Cats Are Us" foundation is looking real good.  

I’ll PM you my account info.

More of a dog person, I am. Can’t have that $$ going to cats.

I should form “adopt a gen X” company. 

Edited by snafu

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

I’ll PM you my account info.

More of a dog person, I am. Can’t have that $$ going to cats.

I should form “adopt a gen X” company. 

There are several reasons the wife and I didn't have kids.  Reason one was because we didn't want anyone bugging us for money.  Dead OR alive. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

There are several reasons the wife and I didn't have kids.  Reason one was because we didn't want anyone bugging us for money.  Dead OR alive. 

Bro, I’m speaking for the dogs. The dooooogggggssss. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Yeah when us boomers die everything will be right in the world. 

no, but it’ll be better.  Everyone’s reaction to that video should be “police can do better.”  The fact some can’t bring themselves to do that is problematic.  The officer’s conduct led to an elderly man, idiot or not, hospitalized.  I’m not saying they should be fired or arrested.  But they can do better.  And if your reaction is to defend them, then oh boy have you been brainwashed 

7 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

no, but it’ll be better.  Everyone’s reaction to that video should be “police can do better.”  The fact some can’t bring themselves to do that is problematic.  The officer’s conduct led to an elderly man, idiot or not, hospitalized.  I’m not saying they should be fired or arrested.  But they can do better.  And if your reaction is to defend them, then oh boy have you been brainwashed 

No. My reaction is don't touch the hot stove moron. Grabbing at a riot police officer is Darwin Award material.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Now this made me LOL.  The world will be a better place.  Hmmmm, which generation knocked the old man to the ground?  Which generation killed George Floyd?  Which generations are doing the looting.  

Please explain why getting rid of the boomers will make the world a better place.  I always love this argument.  \

I'm not defending anyone. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Trump failed seniors.  Jesus Christ. Just stop will ya. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Now this made me LOL.  The world will be a better place.  Hmmmm, which generation knocked the old man to the ground?  Which generation killed George Floyd?  Which generations are doing the looting.  

Please explain why getting rid of the boomers will make the world a better place.  I always love this argument.  \

I'm not defending anyone. 

Trump failed seniors.  Jesus Christ. Just stop will ya. 

They can't stop, they feel like all this is a good plan, they can't see 5 minutes from now.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

How should the police handle a “jackhole” during a tense situation?

Talk to him and see what the deal is, tell him he needs to leave or he will be arrested and then arrest him if needed.  They're supposed to be professionals, not a bunch of thugs pissed off because this guy is slowing them down.  All they cared about was keeping their line moving.

And that wasn't a tense situation.  While there was tension because they were obsessed with marching in a line around the square, it was some old guy with a rant where there's one other protester anywhere around them.  Cripes, grow an ounce of common sense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, westside2 said:

Good lord! It's not like he beat him with a baton! I'm sure you would have done the same thing, but probably would have pushed him harder than the officer did. 

Nope, sorry.  I know it's not easy for the police but they need to stay professional.  Pushing that guy was simply juvenile frustration.  Their job was to clear the square and how dare some old guy slow them down for even 30 seconds.  Do your job professionally and stop trying to physically intimidate and bully people.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Talk to him and see what the deal is, tell him he needs to leave or he will be arrested and then arrest him if needed.  They're supposed to be professionals, not a bunch of thugs pissed off because this guy is slowing them down.  All they cared about was keeping their line moving.

And that wasn't a tense situation.  While there was tension because they were obsessed with marching in a line around the square, it was some old guy with a rant where there's one other protester anywhere around them.  Cripes, grow an ounce of common sense.

No.  You don't talk to him and tell him to move on. This isn't some drunk guy approaching them in the beer tent at the county fair  Cops are getting pelted with rocks, bottles, bricks and shot at.  And keeping the line moving is all they SHOULD be caring about.  That is their job at this point.  I've never done this so I can't speak for them regarding the tension these guys felt and feel these days and I highly suggest you don't either.   And that is common sense.  

31 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Nope, sorry.  I know it's not easy for the police but they need to stay professional.  Pushing that guy was simply juvenile frustration.  Their job was to clear the square and how dare some old guy slow them down for even 30 seconds.  Do your job professionally and stop trying to physically intimidate and bully people.

They were clearing the square of some, as  you referred to him as,  jackhole.  

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 2

It's quite simple really. They are trained to do what they did. There is a curfew. The police line up in their gear. they create a line, and march forward pushing people out of the way. Simple. Don't like what they did, address the curfew and the training based on legally established SOP. Don't like it, right a letter to the mayor, sue, protest. But police have trained to do this for decades. Besides, the old buzzard wasn't social distancing anyways during the worst pandemic of all time.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No.  You don't talk to him and tell him to move on. This isn't some drunk guy approaching them in the beer tent at the county fair  Cops are getting pelted with rocks, bottles, bricks and shot at.  And keeping the line moving is all they SHOULD be caring about.  That is their job at this point.  I've never done this so I can't speak for them regarding the tension these guys felt and feel these days and I highly suggest you don't either.   And that is common sense.  

They were clearing the square of some, as  you referred to him as,  jackhole.  

Oh yes, the poor cops. Who will think of the poor cops? They're experiencing these terrible things you are just making up off the top of your head, you have no examples of those, just things you hear from Tucker Carlson or whatever. 

Their job is to PROTECT and to SERVE... shoving an old man down, for whatever stupid ass justification you want to make up, and then deliberately NOT HELPING HIM is not the job. Their defense "we're just following order" is LITERALLY THE NAZI DEFENSE. 

The amount of bootlicking in this thread is unbelievable. They tasting good this week, Chef? You deluded fool.

Would love to hear the Nazi-bootlickers justification for the clips in that video. Just go ahead and be honest — you're a violent troll and you just want to see skulls get cracked, preferably black and/or liberal ones. Just admit your Nazi tendencies, that you want to see minorities systemically imprisioned and executed by the state, and you don't want to think about it. Just admit it! 

Edited by GregPersons

9 hours ago, Reality Check said:

It's quite simple really. They are trained to do what they did. There is a curfew. The police line up in their gear. they create a line, and march forward pushing people out of the way. Simple. Don't like what they did, address the curfew and the training based on legally established SOP. Don't like it, right a letter to the mayor, sue, protest. But police have trained to do this for decades. Besides, the old buzzard wasn't social distancing anyways during the worst pandemic of all time.

Yes, it's the training and the mentality shaped by it.  The situation did not call for the actions. The square was nearly empty at this point, so there's no reason to do the riot training march to clear it.   Someone should have assessed the situation to determine if it was necessary; it was not.  It's probably a good thing there were hardly any protestors left because those police actions would've escalated the situation.

At least the one officer showed a bit of his human side and starts to check on him, but the leader pushes him on because they have to "hold the line" even though there are only handful of people left to clear.  You would think there would be an option B as opposed to this is what we do regardless of the situation.

29 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Oh yes, the poor cops. Who will think of the poor cops? They're experiencing these terrible things you are just making up off the top of your head, you have no examples of those, just things you hear from Tucker Carlson or whatever. 

Their job is to PROTECT and to SERVE... shoving an old man down, for whatever stupid ass justification you want to make up, and then deliberately NOT HELPING HIM is not the job. Their defense "we're just following order" is LITERALLY THE NAZI DEFENSE. 

The amount of bootlicking in this thread is unbelievable. They tasting good this week, Chef? You deluded fool.

Would love to hear the Nazi-bootlickers justification for the clips in that video. Just go ahead and be honest — you're a violent troll and you just want to see skulls get cracked, preferably black and/or liberal ones. Just admit your Nazi tendencies, that you want to see minorities systemically imprisioned and executed by the state, and you don't want to think about it. Just admit it! 

...you mad bro?

1 minute ago, TPS said:

Yes, it's the training and the mentality shaped by it.  The situation did not call for the actions. The square was nearly empty at this point, so there's no reason to do the riot training march to clear it.   Someone should have assessed the situation to determine if it was necessary; it was not.  It's probably a good thing there were hardly any protestors left because those police actions would've escalated the situation.

At least the one officer showed a bit of his human side and starts to check on him, but the leader pushes him on because they have to "hold the line" even though there are only handful of people left to clear.  You would think there would be an option B as opposed to this is what we do regardless of the situation.

False.

• Like (+1) 1