Protest in Buffalo

3 hours ago, Reality Check said:

I have a morbid curiosity to see what happens in these cities if the police were disbanded. So much so that I am considering stealing a 3D TV to get the full effect.

I know they can't do this but if someone calls the police and they say "sorry...you said ***** us so you're on your own"  

Imagine doing your job, caring about the work that you do and the people you serve like many officers do and your community, for whatever reason, hates you. Sure communities have "hated" the cops forever but it must be getting real old being hated for doing your job.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What is wrong with you? Someone should know better than to approach a line of riot police.  You may want to watch the second video.

Just because someone is in the wrong, and the police are within their right, does not mean the police dod the right thing.

the protests, beyond issues of race, should be about better police conduct.  How someone can watch this video and think that was okay, is unfortunate and the problem.  It was an elderly man alone against a line of cops, and he ended up in the hospital.  It is a joke you think that result is acceptable.

thank god you are part of the old generation that is soon going to be gone.  Enjoy retirement 

Edited by Crayola64

Just now, Crayola64 said:

Just because someone is in the wrong, and the police are within their right, does not mean the police dod the right thing.

the protests, beyond issues of race, should be about better police conduct.  How someone ca watch this video and think that was okay, is unfortunate and the problem.  It was an elderly man alone against a line of cops, and he ended up in the hospital.  It is a joke you think that result is acceptable.

thank god you are part of the old generation that is soon going to be gone.  Enjoy retirement 

When schools open, you may want to take a refresher course in reading comprehension. 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Wacka said:

It was 8 PM, the start of the curfew  and they were clearing Niagara Square, The guy is a "oeace activist" (old hippie).

Dozens of riot police to clear out less than a dozen protesters?

Well, the guy is a "oeace activist!"

So now goalpost has moved to it being acceptable to confront a police officer, reach at their belt where they carry their weapons, and the officer can’t even lightly shove you out of the way and away from his person.  They need to assess that person’s ability to withstand a push. 

People have lost their minds. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Dozens of riot police to clear out less than a dozen protesters?

Good, always  have the advantage.

...PLENTY of terrible events to go around.....the Buffalo event....the Floyd event......over zealous cops abound, despite being under extraordinary pressure perform....NO excuse for Buffalo or MN, but the MN gang is in jail as the wheels of justice slowly evolve as they must to counteract appeals.BUT...there are MORE overzealous cops......could the screening/hiring process be woefully flawed?.. just a thought.....a friend of my son was gung ho about enlisting in the Marines because "I just want to go to Iraq and kill people"....bulked up like Lou Ferigno.....reported for enlistment and Marines sent him home....WAY too big......at the same time, the murders of law enforcement are acceptable?.....this is effed up retribution?.....77 year old black cop murdered?......is that ""Black Lives Matter"?......is the horrific black on black murders a part of "Black Lives Matter"?.....Chicago's clown Mayor opening her mouth from the nation's largest "weekly shooting gallery"?.....quite the mess......

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

When schools open, you may want to take a refresher course in reading comprehension. 

BG, he is still in grade 1 scribbling with a Crayola.

How about you just let him graduate from grade 2 finger painting before setting the bar too high with "Spot Goes to the Farm"!!

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, dubs said:

So now goalpost has moved to it being acceptable to confront a police officer, reach at their belt where they carry their weapons, and the officer can’t even lightly shove you out of the way and away from his person.  They need to assess that person’s ability to withstand a push. 

People have lost their minds. 

Start with yourself.  In what world do you believe he's reaching at their belt while he's got his cell phone in his hand?  Clearly the officers didn't think so or he would have been arrested, or beat up.  They just wanted him moving back and out of their way.

This is professional law enforcement and the behavior of those 2 officers, given the situation, is completely unprofessional.  Just because a citizen is being a jackhole doesn't give them carte blanche.  It's what needs to change.

...regardless of your political affiliation, regardless about how you feel personally about the Floyd matter that has been the incendiary spark, how many here have truthfully gone out in public for whatever reason (no need to fan flames here) due to recent events?....me personally?.....I abhor the police actions in MN that resulted in Floyd's death...Buffalo as well...but murders of law enforcement folks is just as heinous.....but do I have any desire to go out in public to protest?...hell no.....there are FAR too many out there with loose screws.......so I should go out to publicly voice my views and take the chance that the guy next to me is a wacko?.....not worth it to me...how about you?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Good! The majority of cops won't resign, and will continue to do their jobs of protecting and serving. You know who will resign? The proverbial bad apples who are going ape ***** over police accountability. They are the minority in law enforcement who abhor the idea of police accountability. Good riddance! 

16 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Good! The majority of cops won't resign, and will continue to do their jobs of protecting and serving. You know who will resign? The proverbial bad apples who are going ape ***** over police accountability. They are the minority in law enforcement who abhor the idea of police accountability. Good riddance! 

...well if they weed out their bad apple own and the Union supports the move, we could see things for the better....certainly it is a tough high pressure job and they have been loosely trained for the recent events, something that is thought to be a non-high priority occurrence....I think I'd be caught flat footed as far as my personal safety....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

Start with yourself.  In what world do you believe he's reaching at their belt while he's got his cell phone in his hand?  Clearly the officers didn't think so or he would have been arrested, or beat up.  They just wanted him moving back and out of their way.

This is professional law enforcement and the behavior of those 2 officers, given the situation, is completely unprofessional.  Just because a citizen is being a jackhole doesn't give them carte blanche.  It's what needs to change.

How should the police handle a “jackhole” during a tense situation? 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You do understand that they're still employed as Buffalo Police Officers, right? They resigned from the Emergency Response Task Force, which was voluntary.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

the protests, beyond issues of race, should be about better police conduct.  How someone can watch this video and think that was okay, is unfortunate and the problem.  It was an elderly man alone against a line of cops, and he ended up in the hospital.  It is a joke you think that result is acceptable.

Yeah when us boomers die everything will be right in the world. 

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

Good lord! It's not like he beat him with a baton! I'm sure you would have done the same thing, but probably would have pushed him harder than the officer did.