Protest in Buffalo

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Horrible thing in Buffalo last night. Hope the officers are both ok and the a-hole driving the van gets a just punishment 

The one state trooper has a fractured pelvis and leg. The other trooper and Buffalo cop are injured. Thewoman driver of the SUV was shot and is in ECMC. The County cops had a chopper in the air and caught the SUV near  the 33. This was attempted murder. and  all three in the SUV should be serving long sentences (>20 years).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Wacka said:

The one state trooper has a fractured pelvis and leg. The other trooper and Buffalo cop are injured. Thewoman driver of the SUV was shot and is in ECMC. The County cops had a chopper in the air and caught the SUV near  the 33. This was attempted murder. and  all three in the SUV should be serving long sentences (>20 years).

Cuomo will step in and give them an appearance ticket. NYS under Cuomo= lawless schi**hole

22 hours ago, Prickly Pete said:

Are there still protests in Buffalo?

Yes there are. Carbone's pizza in Lovejoy had its Windows smashed the other night

Along with some other ruckus

An old man was shoved down by Buffalo police today during a protest and hit his head on the ground

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1268716877355810818

Disturbing video

Edited by Buffalo716

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes there are. Carbone's pizza in Lovejoy had its Windows smashed the other night

Along with some other ruckus

An old man was shoved down by Buffalo police today during a protest and hit his head on the ground

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1268716877355810818

Disturbing video

They suspended the two police officers.

The one guy what pushed him started to bend down to help the guy when the next cop pushed that guy (starting to bend down) away to walk on. They may have called someone (sounded like a medic was called) but they walked away from him when there was an obvious pool of blood. Unconscionable.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The one guy what pushed him started to bend down to help the guy when the next cop pushed that guy (starting to bend down) away to walk on. They may have called someone (sounded like a medic was called) but they walked away from him when there was an obvious pool of blood. Unconscionable.

Then the cops protect their own and release statement that the man "tripped and fell"

What a ***** joke the Buffalo PD is

2 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Then the cops protect their own and release statement that the man "tripped and fell"

What a ***** joke the Buffalo PD is

Why they suspended them

you want them shot? 

11 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Why they suspended them

you want them shot? 

if they're suspended with pay this isn't anything until they're fired, charged or whatever ends up coming of this.

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

No.  He wants every police officer nationwide to be vilified so we can communize,

WTF does communism have to do with this?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

if they're suspended with pay this isn't anything until they're fired, charged or whatever ends up coming of this.

What would you expect them to be charged with?

He approached them, they told him to get away, he still approached, they pushed, he stumbled backwards and fell.

Leaving him there bleeding is where they were wrong, in my opinion. And the one cop pushing the other cop away was terrible. But, maybe neither were trained to help and the national guard guys were trained to help?

I will be curious what the law enforcement guys here will think of the incident, and what they think charges, if any, should be.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What would you expect them to be charged with?

He approached them, they told him to get away, he still approached, they pushed, he stumbled backwards and fell.

Leaving him there bleeding is where they were wrong, in my opinion. And the one cop pushing the other cop away was terrible. But, maybe neither were trained to help and the national guard guys were trained to help?

I will be curious what the law enforcement guys here will think of the incident, and what they think charges, if any, should be.

Here’s what I think. again, JMO.

The two officers to my eye, look very young. could be wrong there but I would bet they don’t want to arrest an old man. They push him back. He doesn’t catch his balance because of his age and the rest happens. I bet anything they now wish they just took him into custody instead of pushing him. Those two, I’m quite certain, will lose their career over this decision which I see why they did it, but.....it didn’t end up good. The one Officer seems to be a little more responsible for this.It will be interesting to see how that is viewed.

And the bad part that sucks for them is that is the exact way they are trained for riot training. To push back and continue forward. They will lose their job for doing their job correctly but there is always gray area and they were in that gray area. You probably shouldn’t shove an elderly person. 

I would say they will both probably be charged with Assault in the 3rd Degree, a Misdemeanor, for recklessly causing physical injury to another.

It will be interesting to see if they attempt to charge the one with Assault 2nd , a Felony, for having a riot stick and pushing him with that. I don’t think they will because the stick didn’t cause the injury. The concrete did.

There is a subdivision under Assault For a person over 65 and the actor being 10 years younger but you have to show an intent to injure. There obviously is no intent in this matter.

Now, if this man dies which is a possibility, they will both be charged with Manslaughter 2nd Degree.

Edited by Beast

55 minutes ago, bbb said:

That and "cannabis" 

Live in Denver where cops just marched with the protestors arm in arm. Agitators are scorned and kicked out. The few dozen that run through the streets at night are easily controlled and folks show up at the capitol at 6am to clean any mess that they left behind. First couple of nights were rocky but civility one. Go Team Cannabis.

Sorry to see this tonight, Buffalo. You guys are my home and I love you, but the cops involved need to go. If they do, hopefully cool heads prevail.

Edited by Nelius

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

....yet a line in the Buffalo News said he "tripped and fell"........(??)......