Protest in Buffalo

45 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That’s about it. Lots of senseless , preventable deaths in America every day. No outrage. The media doesn’t stress it because it doesn’t fit their message ... “ Caucasian bad, Orange Man bad” 

Well, I wouldn’t absolved Caucasians completely. The majority of people of people in power in Minneapolis (you can look up their party affiliations) are white. Don’t get me wrong, their black leaders have also failed them. But, as you suggest, to blame the President is laughable. 

As for the media, they are corporations losing money. The younger generation don’t have cable and they get their online news from free sources like Twitter. As a result, the media has become more bombastic and controversial in an attempt to attract readership and stabilize revenues. This is very unfortunate. 

Edited by Saint Doug
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They're not targeting just Buffalo, but dozens of cities. And yes, people are being brought in to agitate. 

It's an old playbook. 

And people are seeing through it.

OK. So, who are the people doing the organizing and paying?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am confused how it is political since all the problems are in liberal cities caused by liberal people and being allowed to continue because of liberal policies. There is nothing being done by conservative people that caused any of this unless you want to argue that a cop in an extremely liberal city is conservative, which is possible but not known. I simply hope these riots end quickly but the liberals are mostly in charge of that decision.

I notice you did not mention Obama in 2014 with the Michael Brown situation which would obviously be a much more appropriate comparison. Trump has been better than Obama which even NPR called out for his failings and how slow he was to respond.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2014/08/22/341935015/obamas-reaction-to-ferguson-raises-questions-about-presidents-role

Obama used to be the president.  Trump is the president.  And, frankly, trump has done a pretty crappy job in the last several months.  

last I checked trump is the president of the United States if america.  Not of only the 47% percent of the electorate who voted for him in 2016.  Not only of the ”red” states. And not only of the self-identified conservatives.  He is the president of the entire country.  It’s time for him to get off his hands and show a little leadership with respect to a problem that is not of his causing but that is within the ambit of his responsibility to help to resolve. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bad Things said:

Antifa has a structure, and financing. They're international and organized despite the hype. Their money comes from all sorts of enemies, foreign and domestic. And now their days are numbered. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Well, I would’ve absolved Caucasians completely. The majority of people of people in power in Minneapolis (you can look up their party affiliations) are white. Don’t get me wrong, their black leaders have also failed them. But, as you suggest, to blame the President is laughable. 

As for the media, they are corporations losing money. The younger generation don’t have cable and they get their online news from free sources like Twitter. As a result, the media has become more bombastic and controversial in an attempt to attract readership and stabilize revenues. This is very unfortunate. 

And those leaders in Minny.  ( among other places) are the worst kind....buyers , and therefore peddlers of white guilt. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Antifa has a structure, and financing. They're international and organized despite the hype. Their money comes from all sorts of enemies, foreign and domestic. And now their days are numbered. 

China just breathed a sigh of relief upon the death of Floyd. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Antifa which hatched from the Occupy Movement and George Soros has given a ton of money to front organizations who pay the agitators. 

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

So let me get this right. Russia can hack an entire election of 350,000,000 individual people, but some force or forces can't afford to send a few bus loads of people to the 100 largest cities to incite already agitated mass gatherings to violence?

20 hours ago, Augie said:

It’s a friggin’ mess in Atlanta. The murderer has been charged with murder. The other three cops need to be charged with something as well, IMO. That does not entitle anyone to loot Kroger for food or steal a big new TV. ALL the criminals need to face the music! 

Sorry if that’s too “real”, I’ll gladly delete. 

You mean to tell me that I have completely misinterpreted the "watch a redneck cop choke out a black man, get a 55-inch flat screen free" rule?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

You mean to tell me that I have completely misinterpreted the "watch a redneck cop choke out a black man, get a 55-inch flat screen free" rule?

I hate to tell you, but some interpretations of the rule say if the murderer is charged with murder, then the thief needs to be charged with theft. The vandal charged with vandalism, 100% of the time. CRAZY, I know! 

No TV for you! (In my best soup Nazi voice/font.) 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Margarita said:

I was watching TV yesterday and I saw a protester with a sign which said "rioting is the language of the unheard".  I thought that was profound I'd never heard it put quite that way before. Yes there are criminal elements exacerbating the situations for potential perceived political gains or losses.  But ultimately the people whom are peacefully protesting in my view have legitiment beefs with the fact these kinds of scenarios happen over and over again to all races of people not just black and nothing seems to change in regarding to police brutality.  and as you stated issues beyond Mr Floyds death.  I concur. Ive said this issue is a human issue not solely a political one  but they are intertwined. The divisiveness between the major political parties only makes finding a solution even that much harder.

It's actually from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 

11127444_10152874392666989_6090223917475

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Obama used to be the president.  Trump is the president.  And, frankly, trump has done a pretty crappy job in the last several months.  

last I checked trump is the president of the United States if america.  Not of only the 47% percent of the electorate who voted for him in 2016.  Not only of the ”red” states. And not only of the self-identified conservatives.  He is the president of the entire country.  It’s time for him to get off his hands and show a little leadership with respect to a problem that is not of his causing but that is within the ambit of his responsibility to help to resolve. 

You are suggesting he remove the mayor and governors and declare martial law? These problems are local problems that need local solutions- if you think Trump is responsible what should he do besides tell the mayor's and governors he will send in police help if requested which he has already done 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You are suggesting he remove the mayor and governors and declare martial law? These problems are local problems that need local solutions- if you think Trump is responsible what should he do besides tell the mayor's and governors he will send in police help if requested which he has already done 

Nope.  I think he should get on TV, address the nation, and try to salve the wound.  I realize that he’s incapable but he has to at least try.  Get on the phone with black leaders and try to steer the protests to stop the violence.  Go visit Minnesota and look like you give a crap about what’s going on.  The nation is like, you know, burning, and the leader of the nation is doing not a freaking thing about it. 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Antifa which hatched from the Occupy Movement and George Soros has given a ton of money to front organizations who pay the agitators. 

Hoax until proven otherwise. 

22 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Seems like a lot of Mayors are saying the violence is coming from out of town/state people. I don’t believe it for a second.

I'm in Geneva NY, and alot of the protest that took place in Rochester last night is coming down to Geneva today.

I locked up my restaurant and it's fingers crossed at this point.

But I saw a LOT of out of state license plates when I left (that was about 7pm). Hoping when I get there tomorrow it's not trashed ?

Sad thing is I support the protests and my restaurant (like many) is in a very very precarious position. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Nope.  I think he should get on TV, address the nation, and try to salve the wound.  I realize that he’s incapable but he has to at least try.  Get on the phone with black leaders and try to steer the protests to stop the violence.  Go visit Minnesota and look like you give a crap about what’s going on.  The nation is like, you know, burning, and the leader of the nation is doing not a freaking thing about it. 

You pretend that the Chicago mayor has not literally proudly told Trump to F U and the rest of the mayor of these cities have said almost as bad. Also why do you think any of these rioters would care what he said? These people believe that two wrongs make a right. But you are proving my point- liberals expect more of conservative people then they do of liberals.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You pretend that the Chicago mayor has not literally proudly told Trump to F U and the rest of the mayor of these cities have said almost as bad. Also why do you think any of these rioters would care what he said? These people believe that two wrongs make a right. But you are proving my point- liberals expect more of conservative people then they do of liberals.

I expect everyone to follow the law and do their job.  Including our loser president. 

10 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I'm in Geneva NY, and alot of the protest that took place in Rochester last night is coming down to Geneva today.

I locked up my restaurant and it's fingers crossed at this point.

But I saw a LOT of out of state license plates when I left (that was about 7pm). Hoping when I get there tomorrow it's not trashed ?

Sad thing is I support the protests and my restaurant (like many) is in a very very precarious position. 

I’m with you.  I support the protests.  I detest the antagonists and the looters.  I hope you are well when you awake tomorrow. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Capco said:

It's actually from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 

11127444_10152874392666989_6090223917475

Thank you for pointing that out I had no idea. Profound words spoken by a great man,

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

The other three cops helped murder an unarmed American citizen and should be charged as such, we as a society need to hold the perpetrators of crimes responsible regardless if they happen to be the police or not, police killing unarmed citizens has to stop or our country is no better than any other tin horn dictatorship that murders their citizens. Enough already America! 

Much bigger problems out there. It doesn’t happen all that often , and it mostly happens to white people. Don’t remember any violent protests or media campaigns about those. 

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Big tough guy president gets spoken to the wrong way and hides in the White House doing nothing. Pathetic.  You’re right; the rioters might not care.  But the protestors might.  They should be acknowledged.  And if they are assuaged, guess what? Fewer protests and fewer opportunities to pervert the protests for the purpose of rioting and looting.  We are better than all of this. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1