Protest in Buffalo

17 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Several of my fb friends are trying to normalize this behavior... makes me sick, quite frankly.

ironic username for the win. 

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Discussing the protests feels impossible because it’s hard to tell what is the result of understandable frustration and what is the result of people taking advantage of the situation (looting)

there needs to be a line in the sand:

protesting good, let’s talk about xyz.

criminal activity bad, go to jail. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Seems like a lot of Mayors are saying the violence is coming from out of town/state people. I don’t believe it for a second.

Don't be so naive.

Press conference with the Erie County DA showed the 5 of 9 arrests were out of towners. Fact.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, mead107 said:

Yes they are. 

You think there is enough paid rioters to bus rioters into every city, hell cities smaller than Buffalo like Fargo and Grand Forks North Dakota had people rioting? This is a mix of people with a lot of time on their hands, COVID lockdown, mixed with a group of people who have been marginalized and told any method they attempt to protest they are not allowed to, see NFL kneeling, and now they have had a case where it is as blatant as can be of Gross incompetence mixed with extreme racism and it has push a very large group of people over the edge. I am not condoning their actions but fully understand them. 78319005_900997650363304_7563328419165896704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=8NQzARodomkAX9mNW1Q&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=329452093c1173c786ba0ad17804d44b&oe=5EFB64C0

7 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

You think there is enough paid rioters to bus rioters into every city, hell cities smaller than Buffalo like Fargo and Grand Forks North Dakota had people rioting? This is a mix of people with a lot of time on their hands, COVID lockdown, mixed with a group of people who have been marginalized and told any method they attempt to protest they are not allowed to, see NFL kneeling, and now they have had a case where it is as blatant as can be of Gross incompetence mixed with extreme racism and it has push a very large group of people over the edge. I am not condoning their actions but fully understand them. 78319005_900997650363304_7563328419165896704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=8NQzARodomkAX9mNW1Q&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=329452093c1173c786ba0ad17804d44b&oe=5EFB64C0

I'm not trying start a fight but a growing number of people are not buying it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

Nothing better than a good virtue signaling meme

• Like (+1) 4

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

This is not what my city is about. These are not buffalonians looting and vandalizing.

These are paid agitators from out of state, inciting violence and causing mayhem in my community

Of course, it’s not us, it’s them. Pretty much every municipality, in every state, is claiming the same thing. Do you see a logistic problem with this? This is coordination that would make out own US military jealous. 

52 minutes ago, boater said:

Don't be so naive.

Press conference with the Erie County DA showed the 5 of 9 arrests were out of towners. Fact.

What people say at a PC is fact nowadays? Here’s some numbers from Minneapolis:

https://www.fox9.com/news/jail-records-show-most-arrested-in-minneapolis-riots-have-minnesota-addresses

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am confused how it is political since all the problems are in liberal cities caused by liberal people and being allowed to continue because of liberal policies. There is nothing being done by conservative people that caused any of this unless you want to argue that a cop in an extremely liberal city is conservative, which is possible but not known. I simply hope these riots end quickly but the liberals are mostly in charge of that decision.

I notice you did not mention Obama in 2014 with the Michael Brown situation which would obviously be a much more appropriate comparison. Trump has been better than Obama which even NPR called out for his failings and how slow he was to respond.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2014/08/22/341935015/obamas-reaction-to-ferguson-raises-questions-about-presidents-role

67B96B97-39F7-48D9-B295-ACE55B9C3B18.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, boater said:

Don't be so naive.

WGRZ news this AM reported that records showed all arrested in BUF last night were from WNY. Was that refuted ? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

WGRZ news this AM reported that records showed all arrested in BUF last night were from WNY. Was that refuted ? 

Press conferences saying one thing, arrest records saying the opposite. You surprised?

28 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

When the narrative is largely false, the message gets old and tiresome. A lot of people see through it. People don’t want to see entertainers lecture them about something they have no control over. They just want to be entertained. 

I’m definitely disgusted by the death of George Floyd. This is a senseless death. Completely preventable. The problem I have is the deaths of African Americans is an everyday thing in cities like Baltimore, Atlanta, and Chicago. The difference is that this is gang violence. The media doesn’t report it, nor do they care. It doesn’t boost ratings or increase readership. Disgusting. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I’m definitely disgusted by the death of George Floyd. This is a senseless death. Completely preventable. The problem I have is the deaths of African Americans is an everyday thing in cities like Baltimore, Atlanta, and Chicago. The difference is that this is gang violence. The media doesn’t report it, nor do they care. It doesn’t boost ratings or increase readership. Disgusting. 

That’s about it. Lots of senseless , preventable deaths in America every day. No outrage. The media doesn’t stress it because it doesn’t fit their message ... “ Caucasian bad, Orange Man bad” 

Well in Tampa, they indicated a curfew for 7:30pm-6:00 am.  Just what we need during this pandemic.  I’ve never minded peaceful assembly at all, as if they have a permit, they have freedom to protest, but not break the law.  Some of these poor shop owners had their stores close and lose $ due to the quarantine, now this.  As for the Trump comments, he can make speeches, but the final decisions for curfews, and cracking down on unlawful assembly is in the local and state govts., not the President.  The Feds have enough influence, but there is a reason on the separation between localities, and states rights vs. federal influence.

Lastly, the person who used the N word, shame on you.  Is you’re vocabulary so limited you can’t refer to the rioters to more generic words like criminals, etc.  Derogatory remarks shows a limited intelligence and narrow minded view.  I will not remark on any replies as it is not worth my time.  For the record, what that police officer did was reprehensible so I am not condoning his behavior in any way.  Choking someone for over 8 minutes is terrible, and most all police departments strictly forbid choke holds.

19 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

people have been getting bussed from all over the country to Buffalo for this protest and riot

Now, why would they do that?

Seriously.  Do you honestly think people from around the country are targeting Buffalo?

That makes no sense to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Now, why would they do that?

Seriously.  Do you honestly think people from around the country are targeting Buffalo?

That makes no sense to me.

They're not targeting just Buffalo, but dozens of cities. And yes, people are being brought in to agitate. 

It's an old playbook. 

And people are seeing through it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1