Protest in Buffalo

For all those asking about leadership, it starts at the local level. Also, people that don't want to be lead, aren't going to be lead by anyone. Unless of course, the new role of being a citizen is to sit back and criticize others for not motivating them to be better citizens. If you want leadership, become a leader yourself.

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

For all those asking about leadership, it starts at the local level. Also, people that don't want to be lead, aren't going to be lead by anyone. Unless of course, the new role of being a citizen is to sit back and criticize others for not motivating them to be better citizens. If you want leadership, become a leader yourself.

....keep in mind Leo is a pretty vociferous African-American civil rights attorney......was really shocking to see him come out with this....

Civil rights Atty. Leo Terrell: Dems not standing up against crime in Floyd protests because they're afraid to alienate black vote

Democratic lawmakers are not standing up against criminal activity during protests against the death of George Floyd because they don't want to alienate black voters ahead of the November presidential election, American civil rights Attorney Leo Terrell asserted Friday evening.

In an interview on "Hannity" with host Sean Hannity, the radio talk show host noted that while Floyd's death was a "tragedy" and there is a "universal acceptance" that his murder was wrong, those protesting his death in cities like New York and Minneapolis are using Floyd's death as an excuse to break the law.

"I am disappointed, shocked that there has been no Democratic lawmaker in the last 72 hours who have focused on the criminal activities of these individuals who are not protesting," he stated. "These are criminals and they are breaking the law using the guise of caring about George Floyd."

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

It’s not going to make sense because it’s not supposed to. It’s an emotional reaction, not a rational one. And honestly, an emotional outbreak like this may be the only thing that gets something done. It’s not fair to the businesses that got torched, or the car owners’ that got trashed. But this is what is going to happen and keep happening when things like Floyd keep happening. 

sucks i know. Institutional reform is the answer, but that takes time and effort which we don't really value anymore.

If it was so emotional why does it only happen at night?

It’s thugs being thugs destroying property and looting. At night time their identity can be concealed the best. 

The actual protestors on the other hand? They are fine.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 4

I get that this all started in Minnesota and that it is happening all over the country but are we certain the Buffalo stuff is cut from the same cloth?  Is it merely a coincidence that this is happening right after we found out Jason Botterill will be back for another year?

• Haha (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

If it was so emotional why does it only happen at night?

It’s thugs being thugs destroying property and looting. At night time their identity can be concealed the best. 

The actual protestors on the other hand? They are fine.

Because they sleep ? ? during the day.  Geeeeesh! /smh... White folks can't  relate.

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I get that this all started in Minnesota and that it is happening all over the country but are we certain the Buffalo stuff is cut from the same cloth?  Is it merely a coincidence that this is happening right after we found out Jason Botterill will be back for another year?

LoL.   OPPORTUNISTS!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Exactly

Not trying to get too political and get this to PPP

It's clear as day this is funded

There were no buses bringing protesters into Rochester.  looting happened in broad daylight.  

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

Seen this before. Happened in 68  whem MLK died.  Throw in Antifa seeing an opportunity . Antifa and the Bernie Bros  (both Commies) will riot at the Dem Convention. Need some tear gas and hickory shampoos(nightsticks) to settle things down. Wiith the cold temps last might, the fire hoseswould have been a good idea.

Edited by Wacka

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There were no buses bringing protesters into Rochester.  looting happened in broad daylight.  

...yet they were quick to blame "outside agitators"......"these are not the actions of our community members".......so "outside agitators" were dispatched to MAJOR METRO areas like Rochester and Buffalo???....um....er....well....ok........

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Can’t wait for all police officers to say I’ve had enough and walk off the job. 

...I was going to travel to pray at Reverend Jackson's church, but I can't seem to find the joint.......

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, akcash said:

Madison Carter did an excellent job covering the story on channel 7. It's a sad day. Fortunately nothing major happened and this can all be cleaned up and fixed. Lessons can be learned from what happened today and before.

As a former staffer there, I can say she’s a budding star and most likely will be moving on to a bigger market soon

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...stop 'effin around and bring in the military police in a show of force for support, shock and awe style....

The Insurrection Act is in play here. It should be a military operation to shut this all down. As for the political ramifications, it's too late for those sorts of considerations. Losing votes, well I guess there is only one way to find out. If they want violence so bad, then they should get it. At this point, they are begging for it.

Just now, Reality Check said:

The Insurrection Act is in play here. It should be a military operation to shut this all down. As for the political ramifications, it's too late for those sorts of considerations. Losing votes, well I guess there is only one way to find out. If they want violence so bad, then they should get it. At this point, they are begging for it.

....I'm getting increasingly frustrated as to why we rattle the sabre but don't pull the trigger (oh wait, bad choice of words)............

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

George Soros keeps him in the loop.

...and Pelosi has Photo Op Chuckie over for an ice cream social.....crickets......this is perfect fuel for their TDS foment.......

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Can’t wait for all police officers to say I’ve had enough and walk off the job. 

Sorry man but some of them need to cross the blue line and speak up about the internal police problems.

Often trained to be para military and some come from military backgrounds so the strong reaction has been bred in. 

Stop protecting their own when they know better.

Where is Scerpico when you need him.

• Like (+1) 1