Protest in Buffalo

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm sure there are some that roam town to town.  It always seems to happen after peaceful local protests have wrapped up.  But this is still going on here in. Rochester--all over town, not at the Public Safety Building as earlier, but in neighborjoods

]  This is local for sure.

The paid rotors have moved on to the next town.  This stuff is happening right now., 

All I know is that there have been people here for the protest from Ohio Pennsylvania New Jersey

Everybody I know that went was peaceful and nobody from the community wanted to do any harm tonight

We have a lot of problems in the city, but as a community we are not known for what happened tonight.. this was paid for from somewhere

No known community organizers organized this.. it was all created from the outside

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I understand these cops need to be held accountable for their actions. But to trash someone else’s business and to hurt someone who wasn’t even involved with the murder is complete bull####. These riots are not gonna solve a ***** thing it’s just gonna create more problems. I hope all the cops that were responsible for the murder of George Floyd get life and are thrown to the wolves in prison

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s a friggin’ mess in Atlanta. The murderer has been charged with murder. The other three cops need to be charged with something as well, IMO. That does not entitle anyone to loot Kroger for food or steal a big new TV. ALL the criminals need to face the music! 

Sorry if that’s too “real”, I’ll gladly delete. 

Discussing the protests feels impossible because it’s hard to tell what is the result of understandable frustration and what is the result of people taking advantage of the situation (looting)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Discussing the protests feels impossible because it’s hard to tell what is the result of understandable frustration and what is the result people taking advantage of the situation (looting)

As the mayor and chief of police have said (and said well, I might add), protest is great, they like the expression of opinions. I never had any idea who the police chief was until last night. I’m a BIG fan of that lady! 

Say your piece, that’s fine. But start breaking the rules and you will find your wrists zip tied behind your back. 

EDIT: I’m told 170 people were arrested last night, and yes, quite a few were not from Atlanta but no exact number. As usual the truth is somewhere in the middle. It was both local and imported. The Police Chief said she was ready to start arresting people because with the curfew you could tell the innocent protesters from the trouble makers, and it could be done safely with less risk to her officers and the innocent. I’m a big fan of her and how that was handled. They admitted they were caught “off balance”, then took appropriate action the following night without exposing people to more risk than necessary.  

UPDATE: The local news tonight reporting 157 total arrests last night. Of that total, 48 had Atlanta addresses, 85 where from elsewhere in Georgia and 24 were from out of state. Why? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

Martin Luther King Jr wrote on this in his Letter from a Birmingham Jail.  It's worth reading start to finish, because he threw down a gauntlet for America to pick up if we want to live up to our founding principles.

"I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the *****'s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the ***** to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the ***** passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

In your statement you assert that our actions, even though peaceful, must be condemned because they precipitate violence. But is this a logical assertion? Isn't this like condemning a robbed man because his possession of money precipitated the evil act of robbery? Isn't this like condemning Socrates because his unswerving commitment to truth and his philosophical inquiries precipitated the act by the misguided populace in which they made him drink hemlock? Isn't this like condemning Jesus because his unique God consciousness and never ceasing devotion to God's will precipitated the evil act of crucifixion? We must come to see that, as the federal courts have consistently affirmed, it is wrong to urge an individual to cease his efforts to gain his basic constitutional rights because the quest may precipitate violence. Society must protect the robbed and punish the robber."

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

China Tweeted to US: "I can't breathe."

Just send em back the Video ofChinese man run over by there military’s tank and tell them to stfu

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

people have been getting bussed from all over the country to Buffalo for this protest and riot

I respectfully disagree, the majority of locals are peaceful.. the agitators for the most part are not local are paid rioters

I do because I've been in the city and there's tons of people from out-of-state here right now for the protest

Where is the evidence of that? There just isn't any.

5 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

They probably shot him out of view

I can definitely see that

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Where is the evidence of that? There just isn't any.

I've been in the city all day, there have been tons of people from Ohio Pennsylvania New Jersey here just for the "protest". They told me and my friends

That's where I got it from

Edited by Buffalo716

Madison Carter did an excellent job covering the story on channel 7. It's a sad day. Fortunately nothing major happened and this can all be cleaned up and fixed. Lessons can be learned from what happened today and before.

41 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Nobody protest over all the gang killings.  

Do us all a favor and explain how a gang killing can be compared to a white police officer murdering a detained, defenseless black man.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, akcash said:

Madison Carter did an excellent job covering the story on channel 7. It's a sad day. Fortunately nothing major happened and this can all be cleaned up and fixed. Lessons can be learned from what happened today and before.

Ah, but will they?

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Ah, but will they?

I think these protests have really sent a message to local govts and I think lessons will be learned on that end and training will be updated. On the other end people will always be young and do foolish things. Everybody or at least most people are guilty of it on some level. Those lessons unfortunately probably will never get through on time. Hopefully good people being trained and being the bigger man will limit some of these instances going forward.

How lucky are those astronauts who got rocketed off to space today? Has there ever been a better time to get the **** off this planet for a few months?

Honestly just want to go to bed and have someone wake me up on 1/1/21

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

As the mayor and chief of police have said (and said well, I might add), protest is great, they like the expression of opinions. I never had any idea who the police chief was until last night. I’m a BIG fan of that lady! 

Say your piece, that’s fine. But start breaking the rules and you will find your wrists zip tied behind your back. 

Your mayor last nights angry presser was awesome. Hats off to her

• Like (+1) 1