Protest in Buffalo

Has turned violent in the last few hours

So sad for my city and prayers for everyone to stay safe

Mayor Brown was very respectful of the protesters earlier in the day and only asked for peace. To show the world what the city of good neighbors is about

Prayers for our New York Brothers in Rochester as well

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Several of my fb friends are trying to normalize this behavior... makes me sick, quite frankly.

I don't think it should be normalized. That's pretty much the opposite of the point, I think. People are venting their anger at perceived injustice.

When people lose credibility is when looting starts happening. Nothing undermines a cause like trying to get a free pass at shoplifting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is not what my city is about. These are not buffalonians looting and vandalizing

These are paid agitators from out of state, inciting violence and causing mayhem in my community

Violence never solves problems, if you live by the sword you die by the sword

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It’s a friggin’ mess in Atlanta. The murderer has been charged with murder. The other three cops need to be charged with something as well, IMO. That does not entitle anyone to loot Kroger for food or steal a big new TV. ALL the criminals need to face the music! 

Sorry if that’s too “real”, I’ll gladly delete. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

It’s a friggin’ mess in Atlanta. The murderer has been charged with murder. The other three cops need to be charged with something as well, IMO. That does not entitle anyone to loot Kroger for food or steal a big new TV. 

Sorry if that’s too “real”, I’ll gladly delete. 

It's not too real

I'm sad as f*** right now Augie.. 

I can't believe this is happening in my city

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

This is not what my city is about. These are not buffalonians looting and vandalizing

These are paid agitators from out of state, inciting violence and causing mayhem in my community

Violence never solves problems, if you live by the sword you die by the sword

That's what hey said here in Rochester...."out of town anarchists".. I watched many dozens of looters running several blocks to destroy a small business right across the street from my building.,  These were not "out off towners".  As we speak, people are lighting fires in neighborhoods and looting firetrucks as the crews are fighting fires.  They are jumping on trucks and smashing the windows with firehoses as they try too hijack the trucks.  These aren't out of town folks...

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

That's what hey said here in Rochester...."out of town anarchists".. I watched many dozens of looters running several blocks to destroy a small business right across the street from my building.,  These were not "out off owners".  As we speak, people are lighting fires in neighborhoods and looting firetrucks as the crews are fighting fires.  They are jumping on trucks and smashing the windows with firehoses as they try too hijack the trucks.  These aren't out of town folks...

Seems like a lot of Mayors are saying the violence is coming from out of town/state people. I don’t believe it for a second.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's what hey said here in Rochester...."out of town anarchists".. I watched many dozens of looters running several blocks to destroy a small business right across the street from my building.,  These were not "out off owners".  As we speak, people are lighting fires in neighborhoods and looting firetrucks as the crews are fighting fires.  They are jumping on trucks and smashing the windows with firehoses as they try too hijack the trucks.  These aren't out of town folks...

people have been getting bussed from all over the country to Buffalo for this protest and riot

I respectfully disagree, the majority of locals are peaceful.. the agitators for the most part are not local are paid rioters

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Seems like a lot of Mayors are saying the violence is coming from out of town/state people. I don’t believe it for a second.

I do because I've been in the city and there's tons of people from out-of-state here right now for the protest

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

people have been getting bussed from all over the country to Buffalo for this protest and riot

I respectfully disagree, the majority of locals are peaceful.. the agitators for the most part are not local are paid rioters

Yes they are. 

Edited by mead107

9 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I'm sure there are some that roam town to town.  It always seems to happen after peaceful local protests have wrapped up.  But this is still going on here in. Rochester--all over town, not at the Public Safety Building as earlier, but in neighborhoods

]  This is local for sure.

9 hours ago, mead107 said:

Yes they are. 

The paid rioters have moved on to the next town.  This stuff is happening right now., 

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1