Allen passing to Diggs connection looking strong already!!!!

DJB

3 hours ago, Bring it said:

Connection? Don’t want to douse the enthusiasm here,  but with no pass rush and no db my 50 + year old noodle arm could complete that pass!! I get that their chemistry is key in taking this offense to the next level. And I would so love to believe that they already have that on field chemistry. But how? At this point anyway.

And Doususenthusiasmus DImus, who announces himself by claiming not to be himself right below a response explaining the nature of the thread.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

And Doususenthusiasmus DImus, who announces himself by claiming not to be himself right below a response explaining the nature of the thread.

You must really enjoy spell check! ?

15 minutes ago, Bring it said:

You must really enjoy spell check! ?

Fake Latin names are neologisms that play a role in the joke you are missing in the same manner you missed the point of the thread.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Ah, the annoying Formicidae Dismalus, always ready to pronounce gloomy skepticism at the Sunday picnic.

And the ever present, Diptera Missingthepointus.

The point? A video was posted and a critique provided. If all you wanted is undiluted irrational praise, you might need to look elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Man said:

The point? A video was posted and a critique provided. If all you wanted is undiluted irrational praise, you might need to look elsewhere. 

Alright clever fellow -- the initial post is recognized by those who are enjoying it to be a frivolous display. No one really needs to be told that there's a difference between a real game and this kind of ad hoc practice. The umbrage of those who feel the need the explain to all those engaged in "undilutated irrational praise" that nothing really demonstrative is happening here is more akin to Puritan sanctimony before folks trying to enjoy a little festivity on a nice summer day, especially given the fact that most of us are cooped up for extended periods in our houses. So, it's harmless vicarious happiness. But do carry on, it's enchanting.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Alright clever fellow -- the initial post is recognized by those who are enjoying it to be a frivolous display. No one really needs to be told that there's a difference between a real game and this kind of ad hoc practice. The umbrage of those who feel the need the explain to all those engaged in "undilutated irrational praise" that nothing really demonstrative is happening here is more akin to Puritan sanctimony before folks trying to enjoy a little festivity on a nice summer day, especially given the fact that most of us are cooped up for extended periods in our houses. So, it's harmless vicarious happiness. But do carry on, it's enchanting.

I'm sure you posted something very interesting, but I couldn't be bothered to read it. Your absurd over reaction to the initial post meant your follow up was hardly going to be a must read. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm Digging it Dr. Who,

Allen tossing to Diggs with a soft touch on the football evokes happiness...

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Bring it said:

Connection? Don’t want to douse the enthusiasm here,  but with no pass rush and no db my 50 + year old noodle arm could complete that pass!! I get that their chemistry is key in taking this offense to the next level. And I would so love to believe that they already have that on field chemistry. But how? At this point anyway.

Cool!   BRING IT Bring It. Take your phone & go record a video of yourself throwing a 30 yard corner route to someone. Could be a friend or family member, maybe a neighbor, whatever it takes. Show the forum what you can do!

Obviously this is just the 1st clip of Josh throwing to Diggs. It doesnt prove theyre gonna have a Hall of Fame career together, it doesn't prove anything. Its just a hype video for some & a behind the scenes look at our guys practicing together for everyone else. Don't make it out to be anything more than it is. We saw a few passes in a minute long clip. Most realize its gonna take many days worth of practices to get them both acclimated to each other.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Cool!   BRING IT Bring It. Take your phone & go record a video of yourself throwing a 30 yard corner route to someone. Could be a friend or family member, maybe a neighbor, whatever it takes. Show the forum what you can do!

Obviously this is just the 1st clip of Josh throwing to Diggs. It doesnt prove theyre gonna have a Hall of Fame career together, it doesn't prove anything. Its just a hype video for some & a behind the scenes look at our guys practicing together for everyone else. Don't make it out to be anything more than it is. We saw a few passes in a minute long clip. Most realize its gonna take many days worth of practices to get them both acclimated to each other.

Pretty sure most all of us could make that pass. The OP stated a “strong connection “. I’m not going to make it more than it is! Great they are getting to know each other, glad to see it. But does that really translate to the field like live reps with defenders? They all know that it doesn’t , but apparently some here don’t.

The Instagram videos seem to show that Allen is taking some zip off of his throws. That and mechanics should go a long way in terms of increasing his productivity and consistency. Hope he can maintain at game speed. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's great Josh continues to show his determination to be the best he can be.  He did this last year with Beasley and Co.  and developed nice chemistry as the season started. The one concern I have though minor is it seems Josh doesn't tend to hit his receivers in stride on crossing and post routes consistently. He hits center mass and head high a lot which I guess is fine if your receiver is flat footed in the soft spot of zone coverage. I'd like to see him lead his receivers a little more so they can YAC it up. This is a big year for Josh and he knows it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bring it said:

Pretty sure most all of us could make that pass. The OP stated a “strong connection “. I’m not going to make it more than it is! Great they are getting to know each other, glad to see it. But does that really translate to the field like live reps with defenders? They all know that it doesn’t , but apparently some here don’t.

Wow. Way to suck all the enthusiasm out of this thread. And literally for no reason at all. Guess you’re “that guy”...

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Wow. Way to suck all the enthusiasm out of this thread. And literally for no reason at all. Guess you’re “that guy”...

Yeah it probably comes with age. Too many clips of past players working out in the offseason together and then dashed expectations or hopes at least! I shouldn’t probably be so hard on those that dare to believe! It might  surprise you that I have a lot of belief in Josh. I think he could be special, eventually!! And someone here commented about how good it is just for these guys to get together and see what makes each other tick. To bond. 

One of these pictures did give me a little less concern for Josh’s accuracy. Brown and Beasley aren’t that big. Josh hooked up well with both!!

44 minutes ago, Bring it said:

Yeah it probably comes with age. Too many clips of past players working out in the offseason together and then dashed expectations or hopes at least! I shouldn’t probably be so hard on those that dare to believe! It might  surprise you that I have a lot of belief in Josh. I think he could be special, eventually!! And someone here commented about how good it is just for these guys to get together and see what makes each other tick. To bond. 

One of these pictures did give me a little less concern for Josh’s accuracy. Brown and Beasley aren’t that big. Josh hooked up well with both!!

That’s kinda the point. Allen was drafted based on potential. He was never once touted as a finished product. He needed time. And so far, with time, he’s shown marked improvement. 

I guess the other thing is, he could be doing nothing through all this. The fact that he held workouts in Cali, then Florida should have us fans salivating at his leadership and how others rally around him. Goes a long way on the field...

On 5/30/2020 at 7:32 PM, dezertbill said:

Can't wait for training camp and pre-season.  That's when we'll see how the chemistry really is

Blasphemy! 

The chemistry is evident already!!! Lol