Prescott for Allen

Can we give Allen at least one more year ? Especially now that he finally has some legit weapons around him and a decent OL , Before we start these ridiculous threads 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t mind being tagged lol. 

Is the question, “who is the better player today?” The answer is unequivocally Dak. Josh’s story hasn’t been written yet and I’m on record as believing that he will be a star. I wouldn’t make that trade but anyone that thinks, on May 30, 2020 that Josh Allen is a better QB than Dak Prescott is INSANE.

Please, please, please people don’t point to the one time that you watched Dak last year either. You need to look at the entire sample size.

Yup. I'm not as convinced on Josh as you are, but still very hopeful.

Dallas wouldn't make that trade. But yes, right now Dak is absolutely better, it's not even a question.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I blame the GMs for not utilizing their talent better. If they aren't good enough to carry the team to victory, then get them more help to assist.

If only Ryan and Stafford could have been paired each with at least a top notch WR and/or RB.

15 hours ago, Doc said:

That team made the playoffs that year.  The year before as well.

I think that’s a bigger commentary on the people that act like it’s a huge feat than an example of the texans being good.

5 hours ago, Putin said:

Can we give Allen at least one more year ? Especially now that he finally has some legit weapons around him and a decent OL , Before we start these ridiculous threads 

to be fair, this is a year that he is supposed to wildly overachieve. Which means I’m excited to see it, but won’t say it’s defining of his career for sure.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm sorry.

I didn't realize a long elaborate explanation was required for a stupid suggestion.

I could give you a long, thoughtful response, but it would be a waste of time.

So just...

no

And yet here you are still spending time.

maybe next time just give a better contribution out of the gate or skip it altogether 

How many trades for other QB’s over the years on this board?  Allen is our QB, period.  If he flames out with this talent, we’ll draft another one or the QB coach will work on Fromm’s mechanics for two years and possibly give him a shot.  I still think Allen will progress, and he couldn’t ask for more weapons and a solid line.  The coaches are definitely going to give him the starting job for the next two years, and possibly three.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Josh IS already the better QB. Does anyone really think opposing coaches would rather gameplan against Allen than Dak? Dak has numbers playing under pass happy Garrett. Swap teams last year and Dak doesn’t get 29 TDs in Buffalo like Josh did in 15 games. In fact if Josh played the last game against NY with the starting offense there is a good chance he would have equaled Dak’s TDs in Dallas (while Dak was playing with a far superior supporting cast on offense).

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hahahahaah absolutely ridiculous!!!! If the Bills were to offer Josh Allen on a Rookie contract and I believe a much better QB then Dak and draft picks to Dallas for Dak? Jerry Jones would love it and take it in a heart beat. Daks dumb ass is still holding out for $40ish million a year for a mid tier QB during the biggest economic collapse in USA and for that matter Human history? These players are getting played by these agents and lawyers. Embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 2

People need to give up the narrative on Allen. It’s become completely ridiculous. The guy improved across the board last year (except the deep ball) and people still want to bash him. 

Chris Mortensen recently tweeted that the national narrative on Allen is becoming embarrassing. He’s right. The metrics and stat nerds from places like PFF are looking like complete morons because they can’t let go of their pre-draft narratives. 

Joe Marino from Locked-On Bills had a complete podcast devoted to Allen this past Wednesday. About 14 minutes into the podcast he basically said that if you can’t see the improvements from Allen and appreciate that he’s getting better, then you just don’t want to. He said he’s got everything you want in a qb. He’s a born leader, he works his butt off, and he’s showing marked improvements on the field. He also mentioned that if people thought he was going to be a finished product after 2 years coming out of Wyoming, then they were going to be disappointed. 

Bottom line...we have a guy who might have one of the highest ceilings in the league. He’s not a finished product yet. His teammates love him and would run through walls for him. 

Why would we trade all that for Dak Prescott?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Forget about the fact for a minute that Josh Allen has more upside then Dak Prescott to be an absolutely great NFL Quarterback.  (not saying Josh will, but he has that potential which hopefully will be realized over the next two years)  But Josh Allen is way more the leader then Dak will ever be.  And he is much tougher as well.  The 4th and 1 that Josh made against the Cowboys was one for the ages fellas.  And did anyone watch that video from 5-6 years ago of Dak getting his ass kicked in Panama City Beach, Florida by some thugs on Spring Break?   You think Josh Allen is getting his ass kicked by anyone?  Don't think so.  Dak is a momma's boy baby B word when it comes down to it.  There you go.  From the mouth of Paup.  Over and out.  Have a good Sunday to all you Bills fans.  Stay safe in these very combustible times.  And God Bless America to stay strong and unite as one people again..  

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Forget about the fact for a minute that Josh Allen has more upside then Dak Prescott to be an absolutely great NFL Quarterback.  (not saying Josh will, but he has that potential which hopefully will be realized over the next two years)  But Josh Allen is way more the leader then Dak will ever be.  And he is much tougher as well.  The 4th and 1 that Josh made against the Cowboys was one for the ages fellas.  And did anyone watch that video from 5-6 years ago of Dak getting his ass kicked in Panama City Beach, Florida by some thugs on Spring Break?   You think Josh Allen is getting his ass kicked by anyone?  Don't think so.  Dak is a momma's boy baby B word when it comes down to it.  There you go.  From the mouth of Paup.  Over and out.  Have a good Sunday to all you Bills fans.  Stay safe in these very combustible times.  And God Bless America to stay strong and unite as one people again..  

Bryce Paup actual?  Salute o7

Im not the biggest believer in Dak...in terms of the money he wants.  Is he a good starter, sure, he is a starter in this league.  But do I think he is a championship quality QB...not so sure.  In his best seasons, the Cowboys have under performed.  Jameis Winston led the NFL in passing last year...hes a backup.  So stat totals don't impress me, how you lead your team on the field is where I start at when it comes to top end money.  

Allen doesn't have that stat sheet yet that Dak has, but he also has not had as much time in the league nor the same quality of weapons and blocking around him until what looks like this next year.  Josh has been rapidly ascending and has all the tools, better tools, than even Dak does.  The ceiling on Josh is a lot higher IMO because he has more gifts and to me has shone to be a much better leader on and off the field and he only gets better when the game is on the line.

So I would concede that Dak is more advanced as a passer last year than Allen, but I think Allen is more than on his way and I would bet on Allen 10 times out of 10 than trade him and over pay Dak.  Not to mention, Allen was built to play in Buffalo, every inch of him.  

And if I am being honest, if the Bills called Dallas and offered Allen straight up for Dak...I think they would jump on it in a heartbeat and take on a guy with a rookie deal who has more upside than the current guy on the roster looking for a max deal.  

Dak might be the more polished NFL QB, passer at this point.

However, Allen has an infectious burning desire to win that elevates the entire team around him the likes of which reminds me of some of the great ones.

I wouldn't trade that for anything at this point because we haven't seen that in decades...and even then. 

Nice try. Dak isn’t worth 135M+ even if there are no draft picks involved. I would be interested in trading for a competent back up however. Fromm might be good or he might be the second half of his last year at Georgia. Having someone experienced like Fitz or Tannehill (as examples, not necessarily saying them in particular) on the roster would give us needed insurance in the event that Josh doesn’t get better.

This is a playoff roster and QB is by far our biggest question mark. It makes sense to look at alternatives.