Prescott for Allen

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Deflecting. It’s a yes or no question Doc.

If you want a black or white answer, then yes, Hopkins built Watson.  Hopkins was a stud with scrubs at QB.  And despite the "high flying" offense, they're still getting bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs (thanks to being helped past the wildcard round).  The Texans will need to get Watson better receivers.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

If you want a black or white answer, then yes, Hopkins built Watson.  Hopkins was a stud with scrubs at QB.  And despite the "high flying" offense, they're still getting bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs (thanks to being helped past the wildcard round).  The Texans will need to get Watson better receivers.

Thank you.

Hopkins was good with bad QB’s. How does that prove anything about Watson?

Watson has played two full seasons in the NFL and he’s getting dinged for not getting past the divisional round? Why don’t you call him a choker? What active QB’s get credit for their postseason record right now? Brady, Mahomes, Goff and Foles? Actually let me rephrase that. What active QB’s would you take over Watson to start in the postseason next year, all things being equal?

Thanks to being helped? Are you arguing Deshaun Watson didn’t REALLY beat us in the playoffs last year? First full season, WC round exit, second full season, divisional round exit? Sounds like progress to me.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

As suspected

moving on

White flag. See ya!

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Imagine making $1000 tough guy bets on stats and then acting like you don’t care about stats. Couldn’t be me.

808 loves to offer enormous bets knowing that nobody is stupid enough to make bets that large with some random on the internet they don’t even know so that he can spike the football and declare victory.  It’s his schtick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

As suspected

moving on

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

So you’re accepting the wager?

You can’t come back after saying you’re leaving. It takes away from the dramatic flourish.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t mind being tagged lol. 

Is the question, “who is the better player today?” The answer is unequivocally Dak. Josh’s story hasn’t been written yet and I’m on record as believing that he will be a star. I wouldn’t make that trade but anyone that thinks, on May 30, 2020 that Josh Allen is a better QB than Dak Prescott is INSANE.

Please, please, please people don’t point to the one time that you watched Dak last year either. You need to look at the entire sample size.

Much truth here, but it looks more and more like Dak has plateaued/peaked, with all the talent on that team he hasn’t been able to bring home the bacon ? jmo at this time. I reserve the right to be wrong in the future ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

A guy who writes articles on fansided states the Bills should trade for Dak as he is a significant upgrade over Josh and would push the Bills to the next level and he says the Bills can throw in a few

draft picks as well...I often wonder did they watch the Thanksgiving game I think the Cowboys would drive Dak to he airport for that deal 

If Dak is so much better, why would Jerruh trade him?

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If Dak is so much better, why would Jerruh trade him?

Hm, why would a team trade a player in a contract dispute for another player and picks.

I can't think of anything either...

Edited by FireChans

Honestly, I wouldn't trade Josh for any QB in the league right now. I'm not positive he will be a superstar yet, but I feel good enough about him that I want to see it play out. Josh is the perfect QB for Buffalo and this team. I'd rather see our guy blossom, than trade the farm for a different QB. I realize that some of you don't agree with that because you don't think Josh will ever blossom. And while I can understand people not being 100% sold yet, and wanting to see more first, those who are so positive that Josh sucks and always will, well I think you are delusional, and I really wonder what games you were watching last season.

And not wanting to trade Josh is not a knock on Mahomes or Watson or Murray or Jackson or anyone else. You can like many QBs and think some or all will be good. Just because you think one will be good doesn't mean another won't be. It's an exciting time for the league with a lot of young QBs who look like they are going to develop into either solid or even franchise QBs (Mahomes already has, obviously).

But, whenever these discussions come up, I feel like many (on both sides) are just arguing in a vacuum. To really compare two QBs, like Dak and Josh, you can't just look at win/loss record or a handful of stats. You also have to look at the context. How good an offensive line do they have? How much does the defense help out? Who was more polished/experienced coming into the league? Who's coaching them? What kind of weapons do they have? How good was the overall team that the QB is stepping in to? Who's on your schedule (how many good or bad defenses)? etc., etc.

For instance, to compare Dak and Josh's 2018 season, you can't just say Dallas had more wins and Dak had better stats, so he is obviously the better QB. Well, Dak was in his third year, with two full seasons of NFL experience behind him. Josh was a rookie. Dak had one of the best Olines in the league, where Josh's Oline was so pathetic that it had to be completely rebuilt the next year. Dallas was a more veteran team, the Bills were young and had UDFAs starting because of a lack of salary cap. Dak's top two targets were Amari Cooper and Cole Beasley. Josh's top targets were Zay Jones and Robert Foster. Defense was about even (Yards given up: Bills 2nd , Dallas 6th; points allowed Dallas 6th, Bills 18th; Turnovers: Bills 9th, Dallas 19th). Context matters.

Having said that, I'm not so sure that Dak is definitely better than Josh right now. But even if he is, Josh has way more upside and is cheap for the next 3 years, so why in God's name would anyone suggest giving up draft picks and paying a monster contract to a guy who at best is a little better than your current QB, but with a lower ceiling? Idiotic (and I assume click bait) post by the "reporter" who put it out there.

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1