Prescott for Allen

45 minutes ago, MJS said:

Dak is significantly more proven than Allen. He's a good QB. But trading for him doesn't make sense because then WE would have to give him the monster deal he is looking for.

And Dak doesn't have upside. He's consistently pretty good, but he doesn't have that next level ability. I mean, the Cowboys are loaded with talent on offense, including a really good oline, and they still haven't made a playoff run.

Allen is fairly unproven and has his areas he needs to improve upon, but I think he does have a high upside and tons of natural ability.

What does this mean?

59 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

A guy who writes articles on fansided states the Bills should trade for Dak as he is a significant upgrade over Josh and would push the Bills to the next level and he says the Bills can throw in a few

draft picks as well...I often wonder did they watch the Thanksgiving game I think the Cowboys would drive Dak to he airport for that deal 

The one thing I know about NFL GM's is they definitely compare QB's career trajectories after one head to head game. 

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When you factor in contract and everything else there probably aren’t 5 QBs in the league that I’d trade Josh for. Watson, Mahomes, Lamar, Murray and maybe Russell Wilson (although he’d almost age out). 

I agree with your list, except I don't consider WIlson a maybe, but instead a definite. He's not that old, and he's probably the second best QB in football, IMO.

If you'd expand the argument to "who would you trade Josh for to make a 1 year run" the list is a lot longer.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

What does this mean?

Dak has been there since 2016 (four seasons) and they have missed the playoffs twice and won only a single playoff game (wild card round), despite all the talent.

23 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I would literally only do it for mahomes 

Outrageous take.

Just now, MJS said:

Dak has been there since 2016 (four seasons) and they have missed the playoffs twice and won only a single playoff game (wild card round), despite all the talent.

Do i have to break out the pre-Dak and post-Dak Jason Garrett stats again? 

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Outrageous take.

Do i have to break out the pre-Dak and post-Dak Jason Garrett stats again? 

Yes let’s pay an average starter top$$ plus picks instead of a promising 3rd year guy on rookie scale. Genius

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

A guy who writes articles on fansided states the Bills should trade for Dak as he is a significant upgrade over Josh and would push the Bills to the next level and he says the Bills can throw in a few

draft picks as well...I often wonder did they watch the Thanksgiving game I think the Cowboys would drive Dak to he airport for that deal 

He is 100% correct. Dak's passing efficiency was nearly 15 points higher than Josh's last year. That's not the only measure of a QB and Josh is a better scrambler, but Dak would greatly improve our chances of a deep playoff run. The numbers don't lie. That said, Beane won't trade Allen any time soon because he drafted him.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes let’s pay an average starter top$$ plus picks instead of a promising 3rd year guy on rookie scale. Genius

Saying you’d only trade Allen today for Mahomes and no other QB is out of this world. Sorry dude.

We'll see where Josh is this year, now that he has receivers and RBs approaching what Dak has had.  The OL was better for Dak and he played in a dome so that's still not exactly fair.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Do you understand the concept of a trade? It’s not just swapping players

I sure do. If you wouldn't trade Allen for Watson because of one extra year of cost control, you're in outer space.

• Like (+1) 2