Prescott for Allen

A guy who writes articles on fansided states the Bills should trade for Dak as he is a significant upgrade over Josh and would push the Bills to the next level and he says the Bills can throw in a few

draft picks as well...I often wonder did they watch the Thanksgiving game I think the Cowboys would drive Dak to he airport for that deal 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12

At this point, nobody knows which one will be the better long-term QB, but one is still on a rookie contract and the other wants to be among the highest paid QBs in the league. Why would any sane person trade the former for the latter?

• Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, WhoTom said:

At this point, nobody knows which one will be the better long-term QB, but one is still on a rookie contract and the other wants to be among the highest paid QBs in the league. Why would any sane person trade the former for the latter?

I can think of about 5 posters who will come screaming in to tell you

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

A guy who writes articles on fansided states the Bills should trade for Dak as he is a significant upgrade over Josh and would push the Bills to the next level and he says the Bills can throw in a few

draft picks as well...I often wonder did they watch the Thanksgiving game I think the Cowboys would drive Dak to he airport for that deal 

Dak is significantly more proven than Allen. He's a good QB. But trading for him doesn't make sense because then WE would have to give him the monster deal he is looking for.

And Dak doesn't have upside. He's consistently pretty good, but he doesn't have that next level ability. I mean, the Cowboys are loaded with talent on offense, including a really good oline, and they still haven't made a playoff run.

Allen is fairly unproven and has his areas he needs to improve upon, but I think he does have a high upside and tons of natural ability.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Dak is significantly more proven than Allen. He's a good QB. But trading for him doesn't make sense because then WE would have to give him the monster deal he is looking for.

And Dak doesn't have upside. He's consistently pretty good, but he doesn't have that next level ability. I mean, the Cowboys are loaded with talent on offense, including a really good oline, and they still haven't made a playoff run.

Allen is fairly unproven and has his areas he needs to improve upon, but I think he does have a high upside and tons of natural ability.

Not just offense. They're very good on defense too. 

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Take this well-reasoned crap and get outta here!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I can think of about 5 posters who will come screaming in to tell you

I don’t mind being tagged lol. 

Is the question, “who is the better player today?” The answer is unequivocally Dak. Josh’s story hasn’t been written yet and I’m on record as believing that he will be a star. I wouldn’t make that trade but anyone that thinks, on May 30, 2020 that Josh Allen is a better QB than Dak Prescott is INSANE.

Please, please, please people don’t point to the one time that you watched Dak last year either. You need to look at the entire sample size.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is the question, “who is the better player today?” The answer is unequivocally Dak. Josh’s story hasn’t been written yet and I’m on record as believing that he will be a star. I wouldn’t make that trade but anyone that thinks, on May 30, 2020 that Josh Allen is a better QB than Dak Prescott is INSANE.

Please, please, please people don’t point to the one time that you watched Dak last year either. You need to look at the entire sample size.

Yes, we can't forget how last year Dak led the Cowboys into to the playoffs while the Bills....oh wait, uh, never mind.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The question is whether you’d trade the two,  not who is better today. 

Edited by GoBills808
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

The question is whether you’d trade the two,  or who is better today. 

When you factor in contract and everything else there probably aren’t 5 QBs in the league that I’d trade Josh for. Watson, Mahomes, Lamar, Murray and maybe Russell Wilson (although he’d almost age out). 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When you factor in contract and everything else there probably aren’t 5 QBs in the league that I’d trade Josh for. Watson, Mahomes, Lamar, Murray and maybe Russell Wilson (although he’d almost age out). 

I would literally only do it for mahomes 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

If hypothetically they were both on the same or similar contract you could make a decent argument Dak would be the better player short term option and lower floor player long term for the Bill's. However Josh plus about 75 or so million in cap space over the next 3 seasons is a better deal than Dak.

First off yes Josh could easily regress and be a not so hot property after 2020. You are taking on a lot of risk with Josh and Dak has shown to be a mid level or better QB over the past 4 seasons. BUT Josh is a player with a higher ceiling. Dak in my opinion will be a good QB but never an elite one and seems to want that elite money.

Josh also comes with about 70 million in cap space compared to Dak over the remainder of his rookie deal. Dak with a team making cuts to the quality of the roster around him might not be better than Josh with an exceptional roster around him even if Josh is only an above average QB.

This is just nonsense the Bill's fortunes are going to ride it die with Josh long term.

• Like (+1) 2