Kittle looking for a "Kittle Deal"

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Or Kittle can hold out and watch that offense go down the dumper.  There are many ways to play it.

As for Waller, LOL!  Good one!

maybe it will, maybe it won't---obviously SF has considered that.   .They aren't even talking to Kittle's agent at this point, that's how far apart they are.

Waller got them George Kittle stats, only getting 7.5 per!!

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

maybe it will, maybe it won't---obviously SF has considered that.   .They aren't even talking to Kittle's agent at this point, that's how far apart they are.

Waller got them George Kittle stats, only getting 7.5 per!!

Yup, like I said.  They're looking more than being paid just above the currently highest-paid guy (Henry).

As for Waller, he had a monster season.  He signed a contract extension mid-season so he sold himself short.  If he puts up another season like this past one, he'll be regretting that contract.  But that's how it goes sometimes.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup, like I said.  They're looking more than being paid just above the currently highest-paid guy (Henry).

As for Waller, he had a monster season.  He signed a contract extension mid-season so he sold himself short.  If he puts up another season like this past one, he'll be regretting that contract.  But that's how it goes sometimes.

John Lynch might point out Kittle put up Waller numbers and say to his agent, “let’s see him do it for 3 seasons”.  

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

John Lynch might point out Kittle put up Waller numbers and say to his agent, “let’s see him do it for 3 seasons”.  

This doesn't make any sense.  Waller has had 1 good season (and signed his extension after just 5 games).  Kittle has had 2 equal or better ones.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

This doesn't make any sense.  Waller has had 1 good season (and signed his extension after just 5 games).  Kittle has had 2 equal or better ones.

Kittle has 2 good seasons.  I bet Lynch wants to see a 3rd. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Kittle has 2 good seasons.  I bet Lynch wants to see a 3rd. 

No reason to think he won't.  I mean, if he could rack up the stats with Nick Mullens at QB...

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Kittle may be slightly more aggressive after the catch.  He does nothing else better than Travis Kelce.

Well, that’s your opinion.  

I think Kittle is a better run blocker and “slightly more aggressive after the catch” is an understatement.  Kelce is great after the catch, but not nearly as aggressive (which was your choice of words).  Kittle is faster and incredible locker room guy.  Similar hands and route running.  Kelce has the best qb in the league while Kittle doesn’t even have a top 10 qb.  Doesn’t hurt that Kelce is playing with Tyreek Hill 

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

No reason to think he won't.  I mean, if he could rack up the stats with Nick Mullens at QB...

Nick Mullens isn't the QB  anymore...signif drop-off in stats with Jimmy G (especially in YPG).  After 1 Kelce-like year, he's putting up Waller numbers and wants twice the price for it.

Lynch is gonna want to see more before he blows out the TE market on a guy under contract for another year...which is the smart thing to do.

11 hours ago, Doc said:

waller came out of nowhere.  6th round pick , suspended a season and a half for peds. then puts up an insane season. gotta wonder if he found better peds?   i wonder why they didnt just wait and tag him?

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nick Mullens isn't the QB  anymore...signif drop-off in stats with Jimmy G (especially in YPG).  After 1 Kelce-like year, he's putting up Waller numbers and wants twice the price for it.

Lynch is gonna want to see more before he blows out the TE market on a guy under contract for another year...which is the smart thing to do.

There was a slight drop-off but no one believes that's because Mullens and Beathard are better QBs.  And the 75 YPG/1,200 YPS are still great numbers for a TE.

I'm sure Lynch would like to see as many seasons at his current rate as possible.  But I'm also sure Kittle and his agent don't care and want to strike while the iron is hot.  Waller doesn't factor into anything because he's not available and he made the mistake of signing an extension after just 5 games, when if he'd bet on himself and waited, he'd have made at least $10.6M/season. 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

waller came out of nowhere.  6th round pick , suspended a season and a half for peds. then puts up an insane season. gotta wonder if he found better peds?   i wonder why they didnt just wait and tag him?

The Raiders made out on the deal.  He's making just $7.5M/year versus the $10.6M (or more)/year he could have made had he waited or been tagged.

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hooper is getting 10.5.  Why would SF pay him 50% more than top dollar??  Who are they bidding against?  No one.  

Hooper is getting 10.5 to be a... top 10 TE.  Aaron Donald makes significantly more than any other DTs and signed his deal in 2018.  Mccaffreys new deal is more than zeke/gurley - but thats a case of all of them being all-pros.  

If he just gets like 11 or 12, then he'll get surpassed in like year 2 of his deal.  

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah - you're playing with fire a bit though.  5th round pick who hasn't gotten paid, and hasn't gotten that signing bonus.  I don't think he'd hold out but he seems the type to vocally be upset.  

14 hours ago, Doc said:

Kittle was 2nd team all-pro in 2018, and first team in 2019.  Over the last 2 seasons he's been considered by many to be among the top 2-3 players at his position.  He's also probably the best player on their offense.  He's 26 and hasn't really made any money yet.  

Waller has never been all-pro, and prior to 2019 had 18 catches and wasn't even the pro bowl alternate.  

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

There was a slight drop-off but no one believes that's because Mullens and Beathard are better QBs.  And the 75 YPG/1,200 YPS are still great numbers for a TE.

I'm sure Lynch would like to see as many seasons at his current rate as possible.  But I'm also sure Kittle and his agent don't care and want to strike while the iron is hot.  Waller doesn't factor into anything because he's not available and he made the mistake of signing an extension after just 5 games, when if he'd bet on himself and waited, he'd have made at least $10.6M/season. 

The Raiders made out on the deal.  He's making just $7.5M/year versus the $10.6M (or more)/year he could have made had he waited or been tagged.

if he continues the stats yes. but if he comes back to earth hes way overpaid. 

Kittle is a beast and deserves WR1 caliber money. He is a great run blocker and an elite level receiving threat, considering how hard it is to find an elite TE I think top TE"s should be paid WR1 or better money. I am talking about top 2-3 TE's guys like Kelce and Kittle who are game changers and can block. They add such a great dynamic to any offense. There is a huge gap between even a very good TE like Hooper and an elite TE like Kelce and Kittle. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

What was the dropoff due to then----Jimmy G being the better QB?  That makes no sense.

My point isn't that Lynch would want Waller.  It's that he sees what Waller is making for similar production last year with their respective starting QBs.  He's not going to want to pay double for that...or even 50% more for the currently highest paid TE.  Why would he?  

Kittle is under contract for another year.  No need to back up the truck this year.  What if his production continues to decline with Jimmy G?  

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Kittle is a beast and deserves WR1 caliber money. He is a great run blocker and an elite level receiving threat, considering how hard it is to find an elite TE I think top TE"s should be paid WR1 or better money. I am talking about top 2-3 TE's guys like Kelce and Kittle who are game changers and can block. They add such a great dynamic to any offense. There is a huge gap between even a very good TE like Hooper and an elite TE like Kelce and Kittle. 

Great TEs are possibly the rarest commodities in the NFL.  There were  literally 2 in the league last year.  Both were in the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

What was the dropoff due to then----Jimmy G being the better QB?  That makes no sense.

My point isn't that Lynch would want Waller.  It's that he sees what Waller is making for similar production last year with their respective starting QBs.  He's not going to want to pay double for that...or even 50% more for the currently highest paid TE.  Why would he?  

Kittle is under contract for another year.  No need to back up the truck this year.  What if his production continues to decline with Jimmy G?  

2 less games and 29 less targets.  The addition of Deebo and Sanders.  An improved and successful running game.  Many reasons.

Which is the exact reason why it doesn’t mean a dam thing that the talks between the two are so far off.  It doesn’t mean they aren’t interested or that they don’t think he deserves a massive raise. It’s because they don’t have to right now.  He will get paid.  Way more than 10.5 per