Kittle looking for a "Kittle Deal"

9 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Kittle has supposedly signed a deal that pays him just under 16 million aav. About what I thought he would get (I said 16.25 or 7.25% of the cap, just a hair under that.) I think he took a bit of a hair cut due to the uncertainty of the cap and the fact that he wants the big deal now. Had he waited to test the market (which would have been a bad move) it would have probably pushed him to 17 million aav. But take the big money now, the TE market has finally been set after all these years.

Yeah, I said $15M.  Good for him. 

8 hours ago, Locomark said:

It Kittle doesn’t get at least 14-15.5 million he should walk. The TE market has barely changed it’s high end price tag over the last decade while receivers have skyrocketed. He is clearly the best TE on the planet. I don’t even view Kelce as able to hold his jock strap in terms of overall game. Kittle Is also special because he makes game changing plays. Every game comes down to 4-5 key big plays. Kittle is going to give you 2 of those a game and that is worth the $ because it’s worth a few W’s each year. 

Kittle in the playoffs:  8 catches, 71 yards, 0 TDs

Kelce in the playoffs:  19 catches, 207 yards, 4 TDs, 1 ring

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

Kittle in the playoffs:  8 catches, 71 yards, 0 TDs

Kelce in the playoffs:  19 catches, 207 yards, 4 TDs, 1 ring

Kelce was targeted 9 times more.  And Kittle was open a lot in the SB but Jimmy G either failed to see him or refused to throw it to him.  Probably was the difference in the game.

On 5/30/2020 at 9:32 AM, JinxedBill said:

I think Kittle is the best TE out there.  His blocking tenacity is fantastic and he’s a great runner who can catch.  I like how his personality is pretty chill too, he’s kinda a goof.

I’m sure this organization will keep an eye on it but with Knox I’m not sure they feel they need an upgrade yet.  They expect big things from Knox this year and I hope they get it.

Knox may never be as good as Kittle but I believe that Knox will be great , he’s got all the tools to be a top TE , 

I think this is a BIG year for not only Josh to take another BIG step forward but also for Knox , Oliver , Ford as well !

Lets hope we have a FULL 16 game season and GOOO BILLS !!!

• Like (+1) 2

I never thought Kittle would get $15.8 mil For six years, but agree he is one of the best TE’s in football.  I thought the 49ers were tight in cash, and the next TE’s contract is the Chargers for $10.6 mil.  I was expecting more like $12-13 mil., not leaping that high above the next biggest contract.  As a precedent, I thought they would definitely make him the highest paid TE, just not that much higher than everyone else.  It’s not good for the league as then next TE is going to demand so much more than the other highly paid at TE’s at $10-11 mil.

I’m not against Anyone making $ at all, but there is a cap, and it can only be spread around so much.  Even if Knox turns (and I expect him to be better just not that good) plays lights out the next three years, where would we cut corners as we have a bunch of emerging talent on this team and all will have their hands out.  Beane has an amazingly tough job.

No matter what, you’re examples are WR’s, and like it or not Kittle is slated as a TE.  This is a long standing debate that goes on about WR vs. TE, but then again RB’s get jobbed as well when some are critical to a team.  If Kittle was given $12.5-13 mil. He would still be the highest and not even close paid TE in football.  If the next one down is paid $10.6, then a $1.9-2.4 mil. is still substantially more than anyone else.  Unless he can get reclassified as a WR, it doesn’t make sense to make $5.2 mil. more than the next highest paid TE.

Again, absolutely the highest paid TE, just a little overkill to go that much above everyone else.  My reasoning is simply look what the next best guy is going to ask at any position.  The only reason I wasn’t against the Mahomes deal is he is taking a haircut basically.  Before you guys beat me up, Kirwan broke it down Mahomes won’t eclipse R. Wilson for eight years.  It was structured to be the highest paid QB, but given the deal was 10 years in 5 years from now he will be an avg. per year the 13th highest paid QB (in 5 years).  This deal is straight up six years and dwarfs everyone else’s contract for Kittle.

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

No matter what, you’re examples are WR’s, and like it or not Kittle is slated as a TE.  This is a long standing debate that goes on about WR vs. TE, but then again RB’s get jobbed as well when some are critical to a team.  If Kittle was given $12.5-13 mil. He would still be the highest and not even close paid TE in football.  If the next one down is paid $10.6, then a $1.9-2.4 mil. is still substantially more than anyone else.  Unless he can get reclassified as a WR, it doesn’t make sense to make $5.2 mil. more than the next highest paid TE.

Again, absolutely the highest paid TE, just a little overkill to go that much above everyone else.  My reasoning is simply look what the next best guy is going to ask at any position.  The only reason I wasn’t against the Mahomes deal is he is taking a haircut basically.  Before you guys beat me up, Kirwan broke it down Mahomes won’t eclipse R. Wilson for eight years.  It was structured to be the highest paid QB, but given the deal was 10 years in 5 years from now he will be an avg. per year the 13th highest paid QB (in 5 years).  This deal is straight up six years and dwarfs everyone else’s contract for Kittle.

If he produces at the level of a wide receiver, he should get similar money. That’s my feeling anyway. As for guys that can’t even crack 800 yards in a season? They’re not getting that money.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:12 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Again, no one is saying Kittle isn't an elite TE....

15 million would blow out the current TE market by 50%.  There is NO position in the NFL where a player has been offered 50% more than the previously (and recently signed) highest paid  player at that position.

Why would Lynch want to do that--especially now?

Until now.  Big shock.  Eat your crow sir

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Kelce was targeted 9 times more.  And Kittle was open a lot in the SB but Jimmy G either failed to see him or refused to throw it to him.  Probably was the difference in the game.

Kittle was targeted 13 times for 5.5 yards per attempt and a catch percentage of 61.5%.

Kelce was targeted 22 times for 9.4 yards per attempt and a catch percentage of 86.4%.  He also drew nearly 100 yards in DPI/holding penalties.

10 minutes ago, Billl said:

Kittle was targeted 13 times for 5.5 yards per attempt and a catch percentage of 61.5%.

Kelce was targeted 22 times for 9.4 yards per attempt and a catch percentage of 86.4%.  He also drew nearly 100 yards in DPI/holding penalties.

All that's saying is that Kittle was woefully underutilized by Jimmy G.  And that Kelce is in-line for a big pay raise.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

There hasn't been an elite TE to test the market since 2015 with Jimmy Graham. Kelce and Ertz locked in deals before they hit elite status. It was a warped and deflated market.