Kittle looking for a "Kittle Deal"

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Gronk is going to be a near unanimous selection to the HOF when he is eligible. Compared to what he got paid with the Pats he could have gotten more if he played for another team. And the same argument applies to Brady who is arguably the GOAT qb in the modern era. As I said before New England runs a different operation compared to other teams. 

Gronk got top dollar from NE.  That wasn’t a discount.  Brady is a different story.  

Just realized the article I got gronks numbers from had Olsen deeper in it.

Didn’t find Graham’s yet...

OLSEN VS. SAFETIES/LINEBACKERS, 2016-17
Targets: 117
Receptions: 69
Receiving yards: 975
TD-INT: 4-0
Passer rating: 97.4

OLSEN VS. CORNERBACKS, 2016-17
Targets: 39
Receptions: 20
Receiving yards: 199
TD-INT: 0-0
Passer rating: 66.2

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hooper is making 10.5.  Henry is getting the franchise amount (10.6).  Franchised next season, Kittles wouldn't make less than either of them are getting now.

Yeah, they'll probably offer him $11-12M/year, he'll reject it, and then they'll franchise him for around $10M for the year.  Where they end up is anyone's guess but I'm betting close to $15M/year.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

What’s not to understand?  You said that Kelce was better because he’s more proven m....based on four elite seasons played while Kittle has 2.   Brady, Brees, Rodgers, have 10+ elite seasons.  Mahomes has 2.  They’re more proven than Mahomes.....yet Mahomes is better than them and everyone else.

Gotcha.  

Yes.  A 24 year old Mahomes is better than a 42 year old Brady, a 41 year old Brees and a 36 year old Rodgers.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Gotcha.  

Yes.  A 24 year old Mahomes is better than a 42 year old Brady, a 41 year old Brees and a 36 year old Rodgers.  

And a 31 year old Russell Wilson.  And every QB in the world.  Yet he’s only been elite for 2, so other must be better because they’re more proven

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And a 31 year old Russell Wilson.  And every QB in the world.  Yet he’s only been elite for 2, so other must be better because they’re more proven

Kittle may be slightly more aggressive after the catch.  He does nothing else better than Travis Kelce.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

And he was never paid like a top WR.

Bosa et al couldn't retire Mahomes and Kelce.

Mahomie would've shamed Brady as well,

Bosa would've snapped Brady in half, maybe if the rest of the 49er line were more mobile they would've helped Bosa out against Mahomes.

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Kittle may be slightly more aggressive after the catch.  He does nothing else better than Travis Kelce.

They both have a mean sexy dance that is hard to judge...maybe if they turned it into a lapper I could decide better:worthy::wub:

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah......because Kelce and Kittle are usually blocking on passing plays?.  Mahomes’ targets are also more adept at getting open.  

kittle is trying to reset the TE market. Just because Graham’s didn’t 5 years ago doesn’t mean that Kittle can’t.  Whether that happens or not is tbd.  My bet is him getting around 15 mill a year, which is approx 50% more than the current highest paid TE.  Sounds like resetting the market to me. Time will tell.  

When Austin Hooper gets 11... And kittle is a lot better than him... He will get a lot more. 15 seems about right, wouldn't surprise me if it was more.

12 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He is a very good blocker, and also a tremendous athlete. 4 years younger than kelce too. Kittle prob signs for 4 years to set up another contract at age 30. My guess is 4/60ish 3 years of practical guarantees and he gets an extension after 3. 

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, they'll probably offer him $11-12M/year, he'll reject it, and then they'll franchise him for around $10M for the year.  Where they end up is anyone's guess but I'm betting close to $15M/year.

They can’t “franchise him for around 10”....because this year it’s 10.6 and will likely be 11 next year.   More than Hooper and Henry (unless Henry is franchised again). 

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

Its a slap in the face at 11. He wants to be the McCaffrey of TEs, as he believes he is that much better than the others.

9 minutes ago, dneveu said:

When Austin Hooper gets 11... And kittle is a lot better than him... He will get a lot more. 15 seems about right, wouldn't surprise me if it was more.

He is a very good blocker, and also a tremendous athlete. 4 years younger than kelce too. Kittle prob signs for 4 years to set up another contract at age 30. My guess is 4/60ish 3 years of practical guarantees and he gets an extension after 3. 

Hooper is getting 10.5.  Why would SF pay him 50% more than top dollar??  Who are they bidding against?  No one.  

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They can’t “franchise him for around 10”....because this year it’s 10.6 and will likely be 11 next year.   More than Hooper and Henry (unless Henry is franchised again).

$10M or $10.6M doesn't make a difference.  It's not like he's going to care about the extra $600K.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

$10M or $10.6M doesn't make a difference.  It's not like he's going to care about the extra $600K.

He would be the highest paid of the 3

They can’t pay him 10, or 10.6.

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He would be the highest paid of the 3

I doubt he's looking to be the highest paid by $500K or so, especially when his production is 50% greater.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I doubt he's looking to be the highest paid by $500K or so, especially when his production is 50% greater.

They don't pay you based on number of yards or receptions relative to the next guy.  That should be obvious.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

They don't pay you based on number of yards or receptions relative to the next guy.  That should be obvious.

Tell that to Kittle and his agent.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Tell that to Kittle and his agent.

lol I hardly have to--they can make any demand they want.  They can ask for 15 millions a year.....and then get handed the franchise tender.  And again the next year.  Or he can hold out and make nothing for as long as he likes.

Guess Darren Waller best be calling Kittle's agent too?

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol I hardly have to--they can make any demand they want.  They can ask for 15 millions a year.....and then get handed the franchise tender.  And again the next year.  Or he can hold out and make nothing for as long as he likes.

Guess Darren Waller best be calling Kittle's agent too?

Or Kittle can hold out and watch that offense go down the dumper.  There are many ways to play it.

As for Waller, LOL!  Good one!