Kittle looking for a "Kittle Deal"

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

First off, Travis Kelce is the best tight end in football and he makes about $8 mill per season. 

With the new CBA, I can see Kittle resetting the market around $10-$12 mill per season with the 49ers.  He's their biggest weapon on offense.

Kittle>Kelce and will be getting $15M+ AAV

2 hours ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

Most NFL Players make more in a season than a lot of people make in 10-15 yrs. And, that's considering a 600-900k salary for an average player.

When a player making 4 or 5 mil a year starts crying I need to feed my family and asks to be paid more millions it really irritates me. How many millions do you actually need? I know most players dedicate their life from a young age to play football but damn. Many like myself served in the military for over 20 yrs. Guess how much we get in retirement. Not complaining. I feel the NFL should put a cap on salaries or have some kind of structure that pays by position on a scale. Lets say WR rookie, average. good, very good, great, pro bowler. etc. Just my 2 cents.

It's apple to oranges comparing other jobs to professional athletes...scarcity of resources. Not to put too fine a point on it, but the difference in population% between who can serve in the military and who can play NFL football is enormous and from a purely economic standpoint the salary differences should probably be higher than they already tbh.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

First off, Travis Kelce is the best tight end in football and he makes about $8 mill per season. 

With the new CBA, I can see Kittle resetting the market around $10-$12 mill per season with the 49ers.  He's their biggest weapon on offense.

Kelce is making about $9.3 million per season and that contract was signed in 2016.  He'll pry get 13 to 15 million a year and he's worth it in Shanahan's offensive system.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The market has already been reset by Hooper and Henry. Kittle is going by them. He’s going to be in the $15M range.

I somehow forgot about their new contracts.  Weird.

Edited by Chicken Boo

2 hours ago, Happy said:

I was under the impression that TV revenue and corporate sponsorships provide more revenue than fan attendance at stadiums.  No?

Agree that if one thinks that players make too much, as well as the NFL, stop watching.

I did say directly and indirectly. Eventually the money comes from the pockets of the average fan, or I guess more broadly just the average American.

3 hours ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

Most NFL Players make more in a season than a lot of people make in 10-15 yrs. And, that's considering a 600-900k salary for an average player.

When a player making 4 or 5 mil a year starts crying I need to feed my family and asks to be paid more millions it really irritates me. How many millions do you actually need? I know most players dedicate their life from a young age to play football but damn. Many like myself served in the military for over 20 yrs. Guess how much we get in retirement. Not complaining. I feel the NFL should put a cap on salaries or have some kind of structure that pays by position on a scale. Lets say WR rookie, average. good, very good, great, pro bowler. etc. Just my 2 cents.

These players have short careers. Average time a player is in the league is 3-5 years. The best players go for 8-12 and the premier QBs get 12-15 years. Then most of a players years are locked in on their rookie contract. They get one shot to get paid, two if they are great. Then their skill set is toast. Let these players, especially the ones who can do it at a high level get as much as they can.  It is not easy to make it to the NFL.

People who are the best at what they do should be able to set their wage, especially if it is not a common skill...They aren't crying, they are demanding to be paid, after 8-10 years of doing this job for free. Name another career you have to work for 8-10 years with no pay before you get your first pay day, then you're locked in to a contract before the free market makes a decision on your worth.

The best contractor could make a million+ a year if he expanded his business. The best salesmen, selling the right product could make a million. The best E-commerce people can definitely make over a million a year. NFL skills are not common as the skills mentioned above, its pure competition for 10 years to weed out everyone thats not NFL caliber 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

This should be interesting to watch this play out.  He's clearly looking to be paid more like a WR.  I know a few TE's have gone down this path and lost before.  Hooper got top TE money and it's not even in the same stratosphere as top 30 WR money.  While I appreciate the honesty, it's interesting when guys make the money the priority so publicly

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29244331/49ers-kittle-wants-more-top-te-money

They need to immediately trade him and Bosa to us

5 hours ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

The dichotomy is either the player gets the money or the owner.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

Really? Quit watching? I've been a rabid Bills fan since the AFL was established. If you didn't like my opinion that's fine. Don't tell me to quit watching! Nice to know some of you can afford to go to the games and take your kids.

This covid thing is getting to ya huh?

21 minutes ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

Really? Quit watching? I've been a rabid Bills fan since the AFL was established. If you didn't like my opinion that's fine. Don't tell me to quit watching! Nice to know some of you can afford to go to the games and take your kids.

Some of us don’t retire after only working for 20 years.

6 hours ago, NoSaint said:

he did say directly and indirectly.

those other streams are only lucrative because you tune in 

4 hours ago, MJS said:

I did say directly and indirectly. Eventually the money comes from the pockets of the average fan, or I guess more broadly just the average American.

Yes this was mentioned, my bad for not catching what was being referring to.  At some point though, I would think the average American will get turned off by the amount of money some of these players make, by way of the NFL revenue streams, and stop watching.  Between that, the amount of rules introduced, as well as the NFL dipping its toes into social justice issues, I wouldn't be surprised if some people stop tuning in at some point in the not too distant future.

Edited by Happy
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, JinxedBill said:

I think Kittle is the best TE out there.  His blocking tenacity is fantastic and he’s a great runner who can catch.  I like how his personality is pretty chill too, he’s kinda a goof.

I’m sure this organization will keep an eye on it but with Knox I’m not sure they feel they need an upgrade yet.  They expect big things from Knox this year and I hope they get it.

Nah

8 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Kittle>Kelce and will be getting $15M+ AAV

It's apple to oranges comparing other jobs to professional athletes...scarcity of resources. Not to put too fine a point on it, but the difference in population% between who can serve in the military and who can play NFL football is enormous and from a purely economic standpoint the salary differences should probably be higher than they already tbh.

lol. come on.  These takes...

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nah

lol. come on.  These takes...

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It’s like barely a question tbh

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

it's really not.

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I’m glad we’re on the same page

Come on, Get a room you two!!!?‍❤️‍?‍?

Also may I join you?!?!:wub:

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’d take Kittle over Kelce any day of the week.

he’ll get more than 12 mill a year.  I promise

I had forgotten about Hooper's contract.

Kittle is a beast in his own right, but Kelce has 4 years of elite production vs Kittle's 2.  Travis is more proven.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

I had forgotten about Hooper's contract.

Kittle is a beast in his own right, but Kelce has 4 years of elite production vs Kittle's 2.  Travis is more proven.

That’s nonsense.  Several QBs have 4+ years of elite production. Not one of them is better than Pat Mahomes....who has the same amount of years as elite production as Kittle. 

Makes more sense just to say that you think he’s better because he’s better.