Kittle looking for a "Kittle Deal"

This should be interesting to watch this play out.  He's clearly looking to be paid more like a WR.  I know a few TE's have gone down this path and lost before.  Hooper got top TE money and it's not even in the same stratosphere as top 30 WR money.  While I appreciate the honesty, it's interesting when guys make the money the priority so publicly

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29244331/49ers-kittle-wants-more-top-te-money

• Like (+1) 1

I think Kittle is the best TE out there.  His blocking tenacity is fantastic and he’s a great runner who can catch.  I like how his personality is pretty chill too, he’s kinda a goof.

I’m sure this organization will keep an eye on it but with Knox I’m not sure they feel they need an upgrade yet.  They expect big things from Knox this year and I hope they get it.

• Like (+1) 2

He’s worth it.  I’d take him over Amari Cooper even if the money was equal.  Comparing him to Hooper and Henry is a joke.  There are two great TEs in the league (3 if Gronkowski returns to his old self which I doubt).  Everyone else is a huge step down.  You could make a case that he is a top 10 player if you combine WRs and TEs.  He’s easily the best offensive player on the 49ers.

• Like (+1) 1

He is excellent just like Kelsey at KC.  It is really poor optics though to have an agent get on tv and cry about $ when there is 22% unemployment in this country basically exceeding the Great Depression.  I understand them negotiating behind closed doors and he does deserve top TE $, but negotiating through the media Is dumb.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 2

First off, Travis Kelce is the best tight end in football and he makes about $8 mill per season. 

With the new CBA, I can see Kittle resetting the market around $10-$12 mill per season with the 49ers.  He's their biggest weapon on offense.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

First off, Travis Kelce is the best tight end in football and he makes about $8 mill per season. 

With the new CBA, I can see Kittle resetting the market around $10-$12 mill per season with the 49ers.  He's their biggest weapon on offense.

The market has already been reset by Hooper and Henry. Kittle is going by them. He’s going to be in the $15M range.

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Kittle's a beast. Love that guy.

In his defense, he does have WR stats... high 80's in catches, over 1,000+ yards, 5 TDs per year (last 2).

Plus, intangible of emotional leader and a fan favorite.

I'd make a special deal for him too.

Kittle is amazing...what a find by SF in the 5th round..

• Like (+1) 2

Most NFL Players make more in a season than a lot of people make in 10-15 yrs. And, that's considering a 600-900k salary for an average player.

When a player making 4 or 5 mil a year starts crying I need to feed my family and asks to be paid more millions it really irritates me. How many millions do you actually need? I know most players dedicate their life from a young age to play football but damn. Many like myself served in the military for over 20 yrs. Guess how much we get in retirement. Not complaining. I feel the NFL should put a cap on salaries or have some kind of structure that pays by position on a scale. Lets say WR rookie, average. good, very good, great, pro bowler. etc. Just my 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

Most NFL Players make more in a season than a lot of people make in 10-15 yrs. And, that's considering a 600-900k salary for an average player.

When a player making 4 or 5 mil a year starts crying I need to feed my family and asks to be paid more millions it really irritates me. How many millions do you actually need? I know most players dedicate their life from a young age to play football but damn. Many like myself served in the military for over 20 yrs. Guess how much we get in retirement. Not complaining. I feel the NFL should put a cap on salaries or have some kind of structure that pays by position on a scale. Lets say WR rookie, average. good, very good, great, pro bowler. etc. Just my 2 cents.

They do have that. The players receive 48% of the revenue of the league. That number will move to 48.5% when the 17 game season kicks in. 48% on your labor costs isn’t out of line with most other businesses.

This holds especially true when the labor are also your assets. That’s what makes the sporting model different. If you manufacture cars you pay the labor to produce a car that you can then sell to make revenue. In sports, you sell the talents of the labor to generate the revenue. 48% of that revenue going back to that labor force is certainly not too much.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

It's fans that demand players be paid so much. Players get a percentage of revenue. Fans pay their money to the NFL, directly and indirectly.

If you don't want players to be paid that much, you need to stop watching. Otherwise you are literally demanding that they make millions and that the owners make billions.

Personally, I'm fine with that. Their ability is rare and I want to watch them play.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's fans that demand players be paid so much. Players get a percentage of revenue. Fans pay their money to the NFL, directly and indirectly.

If you don't want players to be paid that much, you need to stop watching. Otherwise you are literally demanding that they make millions and that the owners make billions.

Personally, I'm fine with that. Their ability is rare and I want to watch them play.

I was under the impression that TV revenue and corporate sponsorships provide more revenue than fan attendance at stadiums.  No?

Agree that if one thinks that players make too much, as well as the NFL, stop watching.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

Were you crying about the optics when Jerry Jones was cruising around on his $250,000,000 yacht (with 2 helipads because obviously 3 would have been overkill) during the draft while everyone was cooped up in their houses?

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article239769263.html

Edited by Billl
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

prefer to see the owners get much more money? Not sure that solves your problem, other than fewer people to be mad at.

29 minutes ago, Happy said:

I was under the impression that TV revenue and corporate sponsorships provide more revenue than fan attendance at stadiums.  No?

Agree that if one thinks that players make too much, as well as the NFL, stop watching.

he did say directly and indirectly.

those other streams are only lucrative because you tune in 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I’d take Kittle over Kelce any day of the week.

he’ll get more than 12 mill a year.  I promise

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1