Bills MVP of decade-PFF

22 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I seem to recall it different than that, but you are probably correct since I wouldn’t give them a click. Personally I don’t value anything from that site positive or negative. I get some of you do, you are welcome to it. Seems to me from what people post here about PFF is they try to sensationalize to get clicks or focus’(pun intended) on stats to a fault. I get younger guys and I would bet most who didn’t play football enjoy it. I enjoy watching games with my eyes and listening to guys I know and trust to pick up on things I missed or to give me another avenue of thought. 

I value their opinions because they’re unbiased, always trying to improve their processes and - believe it or not - employ people with strong football backgrounds to do their film work.  That said, I do understand that they have their flaws.  The offer me something much more logic based than the player special interest stories and lazy, biased stuff I see most of the time.

They get a ton of grief on here because they’ve never liked Allen and many people here have an emotional reaction to that.  They’d be darlings if the Bills has drafted a QB they loved.  But the funny thing is, I’ve hear the PFF guys say flat out that if Allen were to do well and prove them wrong, they’d have to figure out how to adjust their models.  And that’s what I really like about them.  They are willing to admit when they are wrong about stuff and then they try to fix that.

On here I watched a lot of people defend Tyrod Taylor through his last game as a Bill.  Logic and facts be damned, everything was ultimately everyone else’s fault.  Until he got traded away and then the same people said he was trash.  I’m not saying you fit into that group, but it’s tough for me to have a lot of respect for the opinions of posters like that. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

True. But a pretty meaningless stat. He basically reached 1000 yards and no more.

Two things: 

1. Eric Moulds and Lee Evans were first rounders. Steve Johnson was a 7th Rounder. So he made the most of his athletic ability.

2. He burned Richard Sherman in his prime and Revis. He could not be covered on a slant. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I value their opinions because they’re unbiased, always trying to improve their processes and - believe it or not - employ people with strong football backgrounds to do their film work.  That said, I do understand that they have their flaws.  The offer me something much more logic based than the player special interest stories and lazy, biased stuff I see most of the time.

They get a ton of grief on here because they’ve never liked Allen and many people here have an emotional reaction to that.  They’d be darlings if the Bills has drafted a QB they loved.  But the funny thing is, I’ve hear the PFF guys say flat out that if Allen were to do well and prove them wrong, they’d have to figure out how to adjust their models.  And that’s what I really like about them.  They are willing to admit when they are wrong about stuff and then they try to fix that.

On here I watched a lot of people defend Tyrod Taylor through his last game as a Bill.  Logic and facts be damned, everything was ultimately everyone else’s fault.  Until he got traded away and then the same people said he was trash.  I’m not saying you fit into that group, but it’s tough for me to have a lot of respect for the opinions of posters like that. 

Nope, I watched Tyrod with my eyes and knew he was what he was. I said it many times on here. Didn’t need stats to know Tyrod is the perfect backup but not someone you want starting for a season. Heck his last game as a Bill was maybe his worst. 
It’s all good man. We all have different ways of looking at things. Enjoy. Go Bills!

Any list without Kyle at the top is disqualified. Kyle was an All -Pro or close player from 2010 to 2014 and was still a pro-bowl caliber player from 2015 to 2016 and a valuable starter in his last two seasons from 2017 to 2018.

That's 9 seasons of production ranging from Great to highly above average at a quality position. No one else on that list comes close.