Bills MVP of decade-PFF

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's hard to believe that PFF "sensationalizes" its articles to get a rise out of Bills fans.  As click bait, I doubt fans from any other team would bother to click on that article...at all.

They have a formula for WAR.  They applied it to Bills players for a certain time frame.  

Ah, ok. What exactly is WAR? 

21 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

I’d say it is already either Josh or Tredavious White with an honorable mention to Fred Jackson. 

Allen hasn't even learned to play well yet and he's MVP of the decade????? He certainly leads the league in number of apologists. No question about that.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:16 AM, JetsFan20 said:

Most Valuable Bills of the decade per PFF WAR

1. Tyrod Taylor
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick
3. Jairus Byrd
4. Micah Hyde
5. Stevie Johnson

I understand Tyrod being on there since he was the QB when they ended the drought. And stevie was an electric player and personality. But kyle williams is the answer. He was the glue that held together a (at times) shaky defense that was otherwise very good. Why he’s not up there in the “top 5” makes no sense.

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Allen hasn't even learned to play well yet and he's MVP of the decade????? He certainly leads the league in number of apologists. No question about that.

This post is just inviting the apologists in. Ballsy. I agree with you but prepare to get hammered. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I didn’t click on it because honestly I don’t want to visit a PFF site. Is there a reason you Didn’t explain it in your own words?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I didn’t click on it because honestly I don’t want to visit a PFF site. Is there a reason you Didn’t explain it in your own words?

It's not a PFF site---it's the premiere sports analytics conference held annually at MIT.  The reason I didn't explain it in my own words is obvious:  it is much better explained by those who created/use it.

So go ahead and click...it won't hurt you to learn.  I promise....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

It's not a PFF site---it's the premiere sports analytics conference held annually at MIT.  The reason I didn't explain it in my own words is obvious:  it is much better explained by those who created/use it.

So go ahead and click...it won't hurt you to learn.  I promise....

Nah, I am not into MIT  explaining football to me. I won’t actually learn anything from it. The fact YOU can’t explain it in simple terms means it’s a bunch of numbers people use to try and prove points. 
You have a lot to learn about communication, and relationships. I hope it’s just your online self that needs this wake. Have a blessed day. 

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Nah, I am not into MIT  explaining football to me. I won’t actually learn anything from it. The fact YOU can’t explain it in simple terms means it’s a bunch of numbers people use to try and prove points. 
You have a lot to learn about communication, and relationships. I hope it’s just your online self that needs this wake. Have a blessed day. 

Dude, just say that you're too dumb to wrap your head around a concept. Communicate better, boo ?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Ah, calling people dumb because they don’t agree with your beliefs. Good morning to you and have a good one. 

Learning isn't a belief. Just tell WEO that the intellectual evidence he provided you intimidates you. 

Bloody MIT and their book learning.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Learning isn't a belief. Just tell WEO that the intellectual evidence he provided you intimidates you. 

Bloody MIT and their book learning.

You don’t know me at all. You have zero idea of who I am or  my education. 

Learning isn’t a belief but to think stats or books can explain football is a fools errand. It just is. If it was so easy to put some data into a computer through a complicated equation everyone would do it. You can’t just pick players off their physical stats or stats from certain games and say he is better than him.  Emotions matter, situations matter, relationships matter. Sorry, but you are wrong to pick on me about learning. I may have as much and maybe more education than you in many different areas. 

48 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Holy cow.  People and their damn habit of using numbers to try to prove points! Where does it all end???

Anyway, the point of all of this (now long lost) is that the article cited by OP is not about who the best player was for the Bills during that decade, but who had the highest Wins Above Replacement (replacement of another player of average value).  The MIT paper actually was an evaluation of PFF's WAR.   They found it value for evaluating player value.  Feel free to post your opposing analysis of WAR right here.  I can can be persuaded by a solid argument.

Take a swing at it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/30/2020 at 4:59 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Stevie Johnson? Good grief.

Most valuable, as opposed to best yeah? So, it makes sense it's QBs, the way that the NFL MVP is pretty much always a QB.

But Stevie Johnson? Yeah, not seeing that.

Isn’t he the only Bills WR to have three straight 1,000 yard seasons?

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

But kyle williams is the answer. He was the glue that held together a (at times) shaky defense that was otherwise very good. Why he’s not up there in the “top 5” makes no sense.

He probably should be in the top 5 simply for longevity, above average skill and being a team leader.  But I don't recall many of the defenses he was on as very good. During his 13 year career Bills fielded a bottom half of the league defense in 9 out of those 13 years.  They ranked #4 in 2014 and #2 in 2018.  Mario Williams and the emergence of Jerry Hughes was a big reason why the 2014 defense was great. And the last two seasons has been due in a large part to the emergence of our secondary. 

30 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Isn’t he the only Bills WR to have three straight 1,000 yard seasons?

True. But a pretty meaningless stat. He basically reached 1000 yards and no more.

Steve Johnson:

2010: 1,073

2011: 1,004

2012: 1,046

Eric Moulds:

1998: 1,368

1999: 994

2000: 1,326

2001: 904

2002: 1,292

Moulds was 6 yards shy of putting together three straight 1000 yard seasons in which two would have been 1300+ yard seasons. 

Even Lee Evans racked up 35 more yards than Steve Johnson over a three season span.

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

True. But a pretty meaningless stat. He basically reached 1000 yards and no more.

Steve Johnson:

2010: 1,073

2011: 1,004

2012: 1,046

Eric Moulds:

1998: 1,368

1999: 994

2000: 1,326

2001: 904

2002: 1,292

Moulds was 6 yards shy of putting together three straight 1000 yard seasons in which two would have been 1300+ yard seasons. 

Even Lee Evans racked up 35 more yards than Steve Johnson over a three season span.

Moulds missed 2 games that 1999 season.