Bills MVP of decade-PFF

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Was PFF the website that said Duck was better than Allen?

That’s not what they actually said.  It was a devil’s advocate argument where one guy had to come up with a reason that the Steelers would win the Bills-Steelers game that week. He said that all he could come up with was that Duck had played a little better than Allen the last couple of weeks.  But don’t let that stop a convenient narrative.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Not saying Stevie was bad. But yes, I am saying that he wasn't our MVP of the decade in any way, shape, form, method, scheme, means or manner. Or process.

He wasn't even the MVP of any of those Bills seasons. Fitzy for one was far more valuable. Probably Kyle Williams too. Freddy, maybe. Hell, Dareus was in his first three years and looked like he was going to be a pillar of that team for a decade, it wasn't till his 5th year that Dareus lost the pass rush part of his game.

For a stretch of a few years, fans of other teams playing the Bills were worried about Johnson and nobody else.  If you could stop him, you were probably going to win easily.

11 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Most Valuable Bills of the decade per PFF WAR

1. Tyrod Taylor
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick
3. Jairus Byrd
4. Micah Hyde
5. Stevie Johnson

No Jerry Hughes?  I'll take that guy on my team any day.  Guy is targeted by refs most of the time but always comes with effort.  Motor never stops!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Misleading wording. It's not really MVP, it's most valuable WAR (wins above replacement)

So it's the guys with the biggest gap between them and the guy they followed. VERY far from an MVP list.

This isn't quite right either. "Wins above replacement" means a generic replacement level player, not the person that player actually replaced. They're not grading Tyrod Taylor against EJ Manuel if that's what you took it to mean.

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s not what they actually said.  It was a devil’s advocate argument where one guy had to come up with a reason that the Steelers would win the Bills-Steelers game that week. He said that all he could come up with was that Duck had played a little better than Allen the last couple of weeks.  But don’t let that stop a convenient narrative.

This is what was actually actually said

ELnQ5sDXkAEr1-Q?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

somebody has to say it.

This decade isnt over yet.  It still has 2020 to go.

Sure, if you think they started with Year 0.

***leaving this up for posterity to see how posting hungover is dangerous***

Edited by GoBills808
original comment was too ridiculous to delete
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Kyle was a very good player and great for Buffalo. But he was at the center of some historically bad run defenses.  

Ethan, I don’t disagree, but he was 1 of 11 players.  It takes a unit to stop a run offense.  Kyle was a warrior for his years here.

23 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Sure, if you think they started with Year 0.

***leaving this up for posterity to see how posting hungover is dangerous***

No.  If the first year was zero, then the tenth year would be 9 and the last day of the first decade would be December 31, xx09.  The last year of this decade would be December 31, 2019.

But since they started with year 1, the tenth year is year 10.  The second decade started january 1, xx11

Edited by maddenboy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Fred Jackson was the only player worth watching some of those years. He was often the only guy who came to play. I'd probably go with him.

Kyle Williams was awesome, but I think it's hard to be a team MVP as an interior defensive lineman.

Tyrod Taylor makes some sense, even though I know he has his detractors. He was a good game manager when that's what we needed. When we needed him to step up and take more risks he wasn't able to do it.

Though it ended poorly, Mario Williams was a dominant edge rusher with a few years of elite production. He should be considered.

And of course LeSean McCoy had some good years here, but I don't think he had elite production as a Bill. His best years were in Philly.

2 hours ago, maddenboy said:

somebody has to say it.

This decade isnt over yet.  It still has 2020 to go.

I would assume 2020 is part of the next decade, with 2010 being the first year of the last decade. Right? 2010 through 2019 is 10 years if you count 2010.

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I seem to recall it different than that, but you are probably correct since I wouldn’t give them a click. Personally I don’t value anything from that site positive or negative. I get some of you do, you are welcome to it. Seems to me from what people post here about PFF is they try to sensationalize to get clicks or focus’(pun intended) on stats to a fault. I get younger guys and I would bet most who didn’t play football enjoy it. I enjoy watching games with my eyes and listening to guys I know and trust to pick up on things I missed or to give me another avenue of thought. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I seem to recall it different than that, but you are probably correct since I wouldn’t give them a click. Personally I don’t value anything from that site positive or negative. I get some of you do, you are welcome to it. Seems to me from what people post here about PFF is they try to sensationalize to get clicks or focus’(pun intended) on stats to a fault. I get younger guys and I would bet most who didn’t play football enjoy it. I enjoy watching games with my eyes and listening to guys I know and trust to pick up on things I missed or to give me another avenue of thought. 

It's hard to believe that PFF "sensationalizes" its articles to get a rise out of Bills fans.  As click bait, I doubt fans from any other team would bother to click on that article...at all.

They have a formula for WAR.  They applied it to Bills players for a certain time frame.  

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's hard to believe that PFF "sensationalizes" its articles to get a rise out of Bills fans.  As click bait, I doubt fans from any other team would bother to click on that article...at all.

They have a formula for WAR.  They applied it to Bills players for a certain time frame.  

This topic probably isn’t to get a rise out of Bills fans.

Posting an argument about who would you take Trubisky or Allen today was clear as day trolling.

• Like (+1) 1