Interesting Tidbit About What Prompted the Stefon Trade - NFL NOW

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could always be wrong, I could always be disappointed too.  But from what I've seen so far, either Allen or Daboll or McDermott (or all 3) seem to handle player frustrations a lot better.  There was that game where Beasley was frustrated and threw his helmet and Allen was asked about it and kind of made it into a positive thing - said stuff like "he's a competitor, he wants the ball, he wants to win, I'm the same way". 

I actually like Kirk Cousins and think more of him than a lot of folks here, but he does seem somewhat aloof and perhaps un-relatable to me.  He got the Redskins to give him his own office, for example.   Even though Allen is young, I think it's possible he may have better people and relationship building skills than Cousins does.  I didn't see Beasley throw his helmet the rest of the year even though there were times when he was screamingly wide open and Allen didn't throw his way.  Judging by stuff he was seen to do (like walk over and hug Allen after the tough Ravens loss) and said on his "17 weeks uninterrupted" podcast, they seem to have built a pretty solid relationship.

Yeah. And the reality is that the worst case scenario with Diggs is that he goes off on Allen.  But that’s only going to happen if Allen plays poorly.  In that case, so what?  The season is lost and we’d have bigger problems with the team.

But if Allen plays well, then Diggs should be a happy camper and he can help elevate the team.  Diggs might amplify a good or bad situation, but he’s not going to create either all by himself.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Yeah. And the reality is that the worst case scenario with Diggs is that he goes off on Allen.  But that’s only going to happen if Allen plays poorly.  In that case, so what?  The season is lost and we’d have bigger problems with the team.

But if Allen plays well, then Diggs should be a happy camper and he can help elevate the team.  Diggs might amplify a good or bad situation, but he’s not going to create either all by himself.

True. If Allen plays well, everyone will be happy campers. Diggs will probably want to prove he's not a diva, and work hard to show he just wants to win. If the offense is the problem, and Allen is constantly overthrowing Diggs by a mile, Diggs will just call him out, drama will heat up, and we've got bigger problems going into next off season.

With that mindset, I'm just not going to worry about it. Whatever happens happens. I think Allen's a lot to blame for last year's offensive issues, other people blame everything but Allen. Either way this year will prove once & for all if Allen can take the next step, and I'd love to eat crow. If he continues to play as he did last year against a tougher schedule, oh well...back to the drawing board. As they say, there's always next year.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

True. If Allen plays well, everyone will be happy campers. Diggs will probably want to prove he's not a diva, and work hard to show he just wants to win. If the offense is the problem, and Allen is constantly overthrowing Diggs by a mile, Diggs will just call him out, drama will heat up, and we've got bigger problems going into next off season.

With that mindset, I'm just not going to worry about it. Whatever happens happens. I think Allen's a lot to blame for last year's offensive issues, other people blame everything but Allen. Either way this year will prove once & for all if Allen can take the next step, and I'd love to eat crow. If he continues to play as he did last year against a tougher schedule, oh well...back to the drawing board. As they say, there's always next year.

That is another thing of value with the Diggs trade.  With him ready to roll this sets the table on offense.  Allen steps it up or he doesn’t, but at least the Bills should have some clarity with him this season.  That’s huge because the significant financial decisions start getting made next offseason.