Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?

Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?

• Yes
    • No

Yep, week 4 versus Patriots last season. 

Plus the game at Wembley against Jaguars which was like a home game.

Sadly, 2 losses. I'll stay away from now on. I won't. 

London based BIlls fan here.

I have yet to get to see a game of football on American soil. Been to the US thrice, each time with work, each time out of season.

Been a Bills fan since '91.

One day I shall get to Orchard Park. I'd probably burst into tears just walking up to it.

Edited by Simstim
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Simstim said:

London based BIll fan here.

I have yet to get to see a game of football on American soil. Been to the US thrice, each time with work, each time out of season.

Been a Bills fan since '91.

One day I shall get to Orchard Park. I'd probably burst into tears just walking up to it.

I must admit I got emotional. It might sound daft but finally getting to go to a place you've wanted to go to for 30 years got to me.

Walking up the steps and finally seeing the field and stands produced a feeling I wish I could have bottled and taken back home. When the game had finished I didn't want to leave. I stood looking around for what seemed like hours but was just a few minutes. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/29/2020 at 8:34 PM, BillsNutHawaii said:

I’ll wish you an early welcome to the “retirement team.” I just retired myself in January (26 years) and haven’t been to a Bills game since 1988 (Raiders at Bills - an extremely cold game).   I’ll have to fly in from Hawaii but it will be worth it.  PS - you’re gonna love retirement more than you realize.  Good luck to you !  And thanks for your service (LOL, now I can finally say it to someone).

Thank you for your service as well.  And I can't wait for retirement.  It's getting exhausting. 

On 5/30/2020 at 1:26 PM, Nextmanup said:

I find Bills fans like you really interesting.

Apparently, you aren't a WNYer, which raises the question: Why in the world are you a Bills fan? 

I can't really think of any reason why 3rd party fans would latch onto the Bills.

My dad was born and raised in Cheektowaga and raised me to be a Bills fan.  I just don't have the heart to ever latch onto another team.  

Never been to a Bills game unfortunatley (I live in Northern Ireland) it's a dream of mine to go someday, and i joke to my wife regulalry that we will retire to Buffalo, or somewhere close, when the kids flee the nest etc.  Well it started as a joke, i think she's developing some interest now so i am going to stick at it!

I made it to the just outside the stadium during a summer holiday in the early 90s with my parents when i was about 13, which i'll never forget - didn't see anything or anyone, as it was the offseason, but just to be in the vicinity as a kid, I was in awe.

I'll get there someday for the real thing, that's gauranteed, and I can't wait.

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/30/2020 at 6:05 PM, Limeaid said:

I think the fact that you could buy a ticket for your keg adds charm other stadiums do not have.

I was too young to partake at my first and only time there and I was alone so no one to beg from.

It was definitely different times. People brought cases of beer in. But even at Rich stadium in the early 80s you could bring anything in. A group of about 10 of us used to go to games and buy a ticket for our 10 gallon Igloo cooler of vodka-icetea and tape the ticket to it and it had it's own seat. It was crazy times

On 5/29/2020 at 8:56 PM, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

It would also be interesting to see how many of us have been to a Bills road game.  Probably a surprisingly large percent.

Many in the 90s. 49ers, Raiders,seahawks to name a few

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Never in the same day, but I once did a trip where we went to Cleveland for a Bills game on Sunday & a Giants@ Indianapolis game on Monday in 1990.  

I also traveled to opening day in Buffalo vs Miami in 2010, came home that night & then went to the Baltimore @ Jets game the next evening the weekend that Met-Life Stadium opened.  

Yes  I have, in 1992 the Bills  played the 49ers on Sunday night. As we flew it we noticed stadium lights on. Found out the Raiders were playing the Chiefs. Got our rental car. Bought two scalper tickets and went to the Chiefs- Raiders game. When that was done we headed over to the Bills -49ers game. 2 different stadiums but a double header in one day

18 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I’m sorry.  Glad you had that time with him though. 

Last day I spent with my brother was Bills  Vs Seahawks in November 2004 and the Bills crushed them. It was a great day.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, billsherd said:

You mean like Toronto?

Yes Jets -Bills in Detroit 2014.It actually was a very cool experience.  They had the Bills logos on Ford field. They played the shout song. There was a large turnout of Bills fans and it really did feel a bit like a Bills home game, plus we crushed the Jets!

Edited by jkx2

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Sorry I can't resist any longer   -------  Ever been to a Bills-home-game in Buffalo? 

Aren't all Games n Buffalo a Home game?  

And I've been to a half dozen or so in he 80's and early 90's.

Not the Toronto Series

29 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Not the Toronto Series

Sarcasm lost (or poorly stated)

You sir would be correct.  

Also when a blizzard game was moved to Detroit ...

all Games in Buffalo are a Home game

Not all Home games are in Buffalo.  ;)  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

28 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Sarcasm lost (or poorly stated)

You sir would be correct.  

Also when a blizzard game was moved to Detroit ...

Not all Home games are in Buffalo.  ;)  

Yeah I figured if you’d gone only to a Toronto game those years you really wouldn’t get a real home game experience hence the title.

I woulda put Orchard Park in the title but there might be some fans here that were only in the Rockpile.  You never know ?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah I figured if you’d gone only to a Toronto game those years you really wouldn’t get a real home game experience hence the title.

I woulda put Orchard Park in the title but there might be some fans here that were only in the Rockpile.  You never know ?

Watching it on TV - you could "see" that the Home Field experience feel was not there. 

Bad timing or was it?

What a way for Ralph to earn $10 Million per game before and concessions kickbacks and a mediocre team.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Watching it on TV - you could "see" that the Home Field experience feel was not there. 

Bad timing or was it?

What a way for Ralph to earn $10 Million per game before and concessions kickbacks and a mediocre team.

I still remember watching the 2013 game when the Falcons kicked the winning field goal and I heard cheers in the stands!

They might have done all right financially with it but Bills fans should be glad those days are over ?.  The 2011 Redskins game was the only win in Canada I think 

• Like (+1) 1