Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?

Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

Given that the poll number is running at 92.41% right now, I'd say you nailed it!!!

Thanks.  ?  One doesn’t need a mathematical mind to think analytically on what I’ve read here over the years.   Lol 

On 5/29/2020 at 12:53 PM, Circlethewagon8404 said:

It's definitely on my bucket list.  I've never stepped foot in the city.  Once I retire from the military, my plan is to make it up there.  I've been to several away games though.

I find Bills fans like you really interesting.

Apparently, you aren't a WNYer, which raises the question: Why in the world are you a Bills fan? 

I can't really think of any reason why 3rd party fans would latch onto the Bills.

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Apparently, you aren't a WNYer, which raises the question: Why in the world are you a Bills fan? 

I can't really think of any reason why 3rd party fans would latch onto the Bills.

I mean I can't speak for this poster but I'm not from Buffalo nor do I have any sort of real ties to the city outside this message board.  I mean if you even want to call it that?

With me when I started watched football in the early 90's the Bills were solid and I always heard my father speak fondly of the area when he used to travel there for work.  

So I guess that's where liking the Bills started with me.  It's waned at times over the years but it's still there 

Edited by Another Fan

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I have never even been east of Vegas in the USA

I was a huge Bruce Smith fan first, he was my favorite player in the league when I was 12 .  I then suffered the pain of 4 Super Bowl losses while most of my friends were cowboys fans. 

I knew literally no one else in my western Canadian town who liked the bills, and I reveled in that.

The pain of the SB losses solidified me as a Bills fan forever. I will never jump off this bandwagon I jumped on in 1990.

I feel a badge of honor sticking with this team through the highs and lows. It’s now a part of who I am and a metaphor for resiliency in my life.

I don’t give up on things I love. 

I have been to games at the Rockpile guite a few times including watching Cookie Gilchrist run over and they the Jets for 243 yds in 1963. I still have the souvenir coin from the 1st game at Rich Stadium against the Skins. Haven't been back for a game in a few years now. I have seen games in Cinci, Cleveland, Indy and Detroit. Turned down an opportunity to see then in Philly because I didn't feel comfortable taking my wife to a game there. 

How many have been to an NFL doubleheader?  In August 1969, the Bills played the Bears and the Browns played the Packers in Cleveland.  I was there and it was a long evening.

12 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

FBF, you’re name suggests you live in FL, and myself in Tampa.  I was born and raised in Buffalo, but moved to Tampa the week of the Bills/Giants SB.  I’ve been to every Bills/Bucs since 93, a ton of Bills/Miami games, and Bills/Jax games including the 17 playoff game.  It was awesome as the lower level was all Jags fans, but the entire upper deck was a sea of red, white, and royal blue.  Sucked that we lost, but that defense was impressive.

I've been to a bunch of the same games as you.  I always have a good time tipping a few with Bills fans pregame in the parking lot.  Bills fans really know how to tailgate. 

9/11/88 with my dad. I flew up to Buffalo from Florida to go on our yearly fishing trip to Canada. He met me at the airport on Saturday with 2 tickets to Sunday's game against My Yami. Bills won a yawner 9-6. I had been to the old Rockpile before when I was growing up, but this was really special. Turns out it would be the last time I would see my dad. He died suddenly 2 months later. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DrFishfinder said:

9/11/88 with my dad. I flew up to Buffalo from Florida to go on our yearly fishing trip to Canada. He met me at the airport on Saturday with 2 tickets to Sunday's game against My Yami. Bills won a yawner 9-6. I had been to the old Rockpile before when I was growing up, but this was really special. Turns out it would be the last time I would see my dad. He died suddenly 2 months later. 

I’m sorry.  Glad you had that time with him though. 

• Like (+1) 1

220 Bills home games

36 Bills road games-most in NJ but multiple games in NE, Baltimore, Philadelphia.  Farthest away game in LA (the Peterman game) 

4 Bills Super Bowls in neutral sites.

Total 260 Bills games attended.  

Bills record in those games 154-106

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

23 hours ago, Yoho said:

How many have been to an NFL doubleheader?  In August 1969, the Bills played the Bears and the Browns played the Packers in Cleveland.  I was there and it was a long evening.

Never in the same day, but I once did a trip where we went to Cleveland for a Bills game on Sunday & a Giants@ Indianapolis game on Monday in 1990.  

I also traveled to opening day in Buffalo vs Miami in 2010, came home that night & then went to the Baltimore @ Jets game the next evening the weekend that Met-Life Stadium opened.