Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?

Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?

• Yes
    • No

7 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

It's definitely on my bucket list.  I've never stepped foot in the city.  Once I retire from the military, my plan is to make it up there.  I've been to several away games though.

I’ll wish you an early welcome to the “retirement team.” I just retired myself in January (26 years) and haven’t been to a Bills game since 1988 (Raiders at Bills - an extremely cold game).   I’ll have to fly in from Hawaii but it will be worth it.  PS - you’re gonna love retirement more than you realize.  Good luck to you !  And thanks for your service (LOL, now I can finally say it to someone).

• Like (+1) 2

three games at the old War Memorial (Rockpile) including season opener against Cowboys, and the final game ever (21-21 tie against Lions)

three games at Rich in the 1970s including the one where OJ and Braxton ran for over 100 yards each against the Dolphins and we lost 17-0, first and goal from the one and we dont score.

road games in Baltimore against Ravens.

Skipping to two games home games recently one with family and the other was against the Skins this past season as my buddies here in DC wanted to experience the Bills game day tailgating as well as see some of the area...Letchworth Park is known as the Grand Canyon of the East, be sure you make a side trip and experience its beauty.

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

It would also be interesting to see how many of us have been to a Bills road game.  Probably a surprisingly large percent.

I’ve been to 6 road games versus: LA Rams (Anaheim), Chargers (SD the old place), 49ers (The Stick),  2 in St Louis (Rams in Dome), Dallas (last Thanksgiving).  

• Like (+1) 1

Took the kids and wife to the patriots game from florida. Worst sporting event of my life. Never again. Bills fans at the stadium are complete morons. I missed the entire 4th quarter because two groups of drunken idiots were on the brink of a huge fight (over nothing other than just being #######s) and I was afraid the brawl was going to spill into my family.

• Sad 1

Ive been to eight home games since 1998, not bad for living out of state. (not including preseason, ive been to two)

In all my time there, get this..... I've never watched Buffalo lose.  I've seen some crazy wins up there.  In 08 i watched Trent Edwards lead buffalo from a 9 point deficit in under 6 mins to win against the Raiders. 

Another favorite game was 05 against the Chiefs, we were picked to lose because of the red hot chiefs offense coming to town, but instead i watched our defense stifle trent green and crew, while Holcomb got wrecked and I got to watch Losman do what he did best....multiple bombs to Evans. 

I got to watch the last run of Fred Jacksons career in a Bills uniform against the steelers in preseason. 

A lot of great memories in that Stadium!!!

2 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

I had season tickets during the Dick Jauron years. 

Sweet nostalgia. 

Poor Dick, he looked like he aged 20 years by the time he was done here. 

Been to 7 Bills games on various visits to the US over the past few years (also went  to the Jags game in London in 2015)..

Seen Bills games in Atlanta, Cincinnati, New Jersey, Nashville, Houston and Indianapolis..

Only 1 in Buffalo ... last years opener against Bengals which was by far the best atmosphere of any NFL game I have been to..

I enjoyed the game and visit to Niagara Falls but probably won’t be back in Buffalo anytime soon..

Best away game I have been to was Nashville...really fun  place to spend a weekend..

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, msw2112 said:

When I lived in Buffalo, I went to several games every season.  After I moved away, I attempted to get back for at least 1 game per year.  In recent years, family & work obligations have prevented that, but I'm out West now and try to catch games in this part of the world.  I was at the last road Rams game (a win despite the Rex factor), Chargers game (the Peterman debacle), Broncos game (a loss, can't remember too many details) and Cardinals game (an OT win, but very ugly game).  I am planning to attend Arizona and Denver this year if fans are permitted.

I was at both that Rams game and Chargers game.  There were so many Bills’ fans, it was a blast.  Despite Peterman’s horrible game, there were Bills fans all around me and we were chanting “We want Tyrod!”

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

It would also be interesting to see how many of us have been to a Bills road game.  Probably a surprisingly large percent.

I’ve been to about a dozen Bills games here out West over the years.  First win I saw was against the Rams 4 years ago.  I guess I should’ve stopped then, as I went to the Chargers Peterman game the following year.  Seattle was different in the Kingdome in Kelly’s last year.

9 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

The Bills are 6-1 in t he games I've been to. But it's been years. It's a 9 hour drive. I need to save money as I'd bring my sons now. I sure plan to go again though!

That circle pissing ha ha. I had forgotten that, erased that from my memory. It's still there? Damn

Tradition dies hard in WNY..

17 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Many dozen... and I always think...

Where else would you rather be, than right here, right now ...

I don't want the games to end when I'm there. Wish they were 10 quarters long.

Great pic my friend.  I travel back to Buffalo Every year with my three kids.  We have a family reunion on Saturday, and I’m up to 18 relatives who go to the game in September.  More than half travel from NE, FL, Carolina, and so on.  It’s a great time, but we’re passing this year.  No one in my family wants to go to a stadium with this pandemic.  Once there is a vaccine, we’ll be right back to it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

FBF, you’re name suggests you live in FL, and myself in Tampa.  I was born and raised in Buffalo, but moved to Tampa the week of the Bills/Giants SB.  I’ve been to every Bills/Bucs since 93, a ton of Bills/Miami games, and Bills/Jax games including the 17 playoff game.  It was awesome as the lower level was all Jags fans, but the entire upper deck was a sea of red, white, and royal blue.  Sucked that we lost, but that defense was impressive.

21 hours ago, Another Fan said:

It’s a question I’m going to guess most members at TBD have.   Maybe around 90-95%.  But I’m sure there’s a few who might not have.

Given that the poll number is running at 92.41% right now, I'd say you nailed it!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Another Fan said:

It’s a question I’m going to guess most members at TBD have.   Maybe around 90-95%.  But I’m sure there’s a few who might not have.

I’d be curious to know why if you answered no.   Not that I think it makes someone less of a fan at all.   Especially if traveling/distance is an issue.  Or if you just like to follow the games more from home or at a local Bills Backer club per say.   

For the record I’ve been to two home games.

With the advent of the 80 inch high def TV, etc., the allure of the at game experience has waned for me. I like watching the game on TV. Camera angles, replay, and broadcaster commentary works for me. If you are at the stadium your neck is craned watching the jumbotron anyway. Plus I don't have to worry about driving home. 

• Like (+1) 2