Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?

Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been to a Bills home game in Buffalo?

• Yes
    • No

I'm from Kansas, and have been a Bills fan all my life, so most of the Bills games that I've attended were when they played the Chiefs (who I don't like at all), and it was interesting wearing my Bills gear in Arrowhead Stadium, surrounded by a sea of red. I finally did get the chance to fly to Buffalo, and see the Bills play a home game, which was a season opener, and it was definitely a dream come true for me. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

It's definitely on my bucket list.  I've never stepped foot in the city.  Once I retire from the military, my plan is to make it up there.  I've been to several away games though.

I was like you. Raised in Central NY and after 29 years of active duty, got in on season tickets with 2 others and we split games. My first home game 3 years ago was an experience I'll never forget.  Now I'm hooked. Been to more away games over the years than I can count,  but nothing like being with brothers and sisters at home games tailgating.  Well worth the 13 1/2 hour drive for me.

• Like (+1) 2

When I lived in Buffalo, I went to several games every season.  After I moved away, I attempted to get back for at least 1 game per year.  In recent years, family & work obligations have prevented that, but I'm out West now and try to catch games in this part of the world.  I was at the last road Rams game (a win despite the Rex factor), Chargers game (the Peterman debacle), Broncos game (a loss, can't remember too many details) and Cardinals game (an OT win, but very ugly game).  I am planning to attend Arizona and Denver this year if fans are permitted.

I've only been to 3, and it's been 16 years since the last. Lived in IL all my life. When my kids were born, I decided to wait until they were old enough to endure the antics at the Ralph to hit a game, but by that time they were playing football every Sunday. I'm trying to make a late season game work this year, it'll be their first.

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

I took a recruiting assignment in Cheektowaga so that I could get season tickets from '05-'08.

Good choice of years...............

football tackle GIF

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My first ever Bills game is where I first saw another man’s genitals for the first time.  I was 11 and I walked into the bathroom and guys were pissing in the round sink right in front of me.

Yep, that was called 1992. Been there, done that. 

What I HAVEN'T done is eaten ranch, with wings.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This Orchard Park High School Graduate ('91) has been to many games. Mostly 80s and 90s. Including several Grateful Dead shows at RIch Stadium. Man, I miss those days for sure. The parking lot off Rt20... wow!! ?

It's a no for me, but I guess that makes sense since I am from Europe and I've been Bills fan only 4 years :)

I want to come ASAP though. If there was not corona we'd probably go to Arizona road game this year, since my wife hates cold so the only chance for Bills home game is in September and we couldn't make so early this season (younger daughter goes to school for the first time). Looks like we skip it completely this year due to corona situation.

My hope is that next year we get some good home games in early weeks and prices won't be that high despite winning SB ?

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

It’s a question I’m going to guess most members at TBD have.   Maybe around 90-95%.  But I’m sure there’s a few who might not have.

I’d be curious to know why if you answered no.   Not that I think it makes someone less of a fan at all.   Especially if traveling/distance is an issue.  Or if you just like to follow the games more from home or at a local Bills Backer club per say.   

For the record I’ve been to two home games.

I've been to one. I live out west, so it's quite a trip to come to Buffalo. It was a game in November or December against the Rams, I believe. A few years ago. It was super cold and the Bills lost the lead in the final minutes of the game. I believe Bradford was their QB at the time.

I got the full Buffalo Bills drought experience.

EDIT: 2012 Week 14. 15-12 loss to the Rams.

14 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

It's a no for me, but I guess that makes sense since I am from Europe and I've been Bills fan only 4 years :)

I want to come ASAP though. If there was not corona we'd probably go to Arizona road game this year, since my wife hates cold so the only chance for Bills home game is in September and we couldn't make so early this season (younger daughter goes to school for the first time). Looks like we skip it completely this year due to corona situation.

My hope is that next year we get some good home games in early weeks and prices won't be that high despite winning SB ?

What made you decide to become a fan four years ago? Just curious.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

What made you decide to become a fan four years ago? Just curious.

Pretty random turn of events. I have accidentally turned on SB XLIX on local TV without watching single minute of NFL before and I got hooked up. It is really funny that I had no idea about any rules that time and had no idea who Brady or Patriots were :) But the game was great so I decided to check it next season. Then early in the season I saw Bills game (looking back I am pretty sure it was Bills/Pats W2 loss, since otherwise Bills wouldn't be televised in Europe), and I really liked Tyrod's play style - it was different from what I saw from other QBs. So I started to watch him more, started to watch NFL regularly, found BBMB and became Bills fan :) 

So its thanks to Pats/Seahawks SB and then Tyrod Taylor ? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

No, 

I live in Western Canada. Not many Bills fans out here but when we find each other it’s magic.

told my wife we need to take a trip to New York soon. She got all excited about broadway Times Square and the Statue of Liberty. I’ll tell her on the plane that those are not in Buffalo.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My first ever Bills game is where I first saw another man’s genitals for the first time.  I was 11 and I walked into the bathroom and guys were pissing in the round sink right in front of me.

HEY! I apologized! But you just can’t leave it alone, can you?

3 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

More than 50, less than 100. 

I’m in there somewhere too, I’d guess. The family had season tix as a kid. It wasn’t until recent years that I tried to make a point of one at home and then pick an away game. It’s fun to see different cities and venues too. This year was going to be the home opener (again) and Nashville (again). Now? Who the heck knows???

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Pretty random turn of events. I have accidentally turned on SB XLIX on local TV without watching single minute of NFL before and I got hooked up. It is really funny that I had no idea about any rules that time and had no idea who Brady or Patriots were :) But the game was great so I decided to check it next season. Then early in the season I saw Bills game (looking back I am pretty sure it was Bills/Pats W2 loss, since otherwise Bills wouldn't be televised in Europe), and I really liked Tyrod's play style - it was different from what I saw from other QBs. So I started to watch him more, started to watch NFL regularly, found BBMB and became Bills fan :) 

So its thanks to Pats/Seahawks SB and then Tyrod Taylor ? 

Cool story. The NFL really is an exciting sport to watch. Spectacular plays happen all the time.

So how do you feel about Josh Allen compared to Tyrod Taylor?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nester said:

No, 

I live in Western Canada. Not many Bills fans out here but when we find each other it’s magic.

told my wife we need to take a trip to New York soon. She got all excited about broadway Times Square and the Statue of Liberty. I’ll tell her on the plane that those are not in Buffalo.

You should make the trip to NYC area when the Bills come to MetLife assuming fans can attend. Jets tickets are easy to get now. The ticket prices going up along with the PSL fees at MetLife forced many fans out. The Jets used to have a waiting list for seasons but no more. You can do all of the things your wife wants to do and see the Bills as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Cool story. The NFL really is an exciting sport to watch. Spectacular plays happen all the time.

So how do you feel about Josh Allen compared to Tyrod Taylor?

Yep I am totally addicted. Its funny how in couple years I went from not knowing anything about the game to NFL draft being my Christmas.

Tyrod was just random reason for me to start watching Bills. I liked him and I thought he was criticized more than he deserved. But overall he got a chance to be a 3 years starter and it become pretty obvious over the time that he is not the solution.

I love Josh and expect him to be starter for us many years. I "chose" right time to become Bills fan :)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1