Who's your favorite Bill on the current roster?

I’m jumping on The Pain Train right here, right now! Zach Moss is a hammer, RBs like him only come around once in a while. Moss no doubt will make everybody else around him on offense better because of what he brings to the table. No predictions on his personal stats but there is no doubt in my mind that he is a rare intangible to this offense. I’m getting an authentic jersey of his when I get my wash out next month. I already looked but I can’t find one. If anybody knows where I can get one it will be greatly appreciated. I’m prepared to drop $350.00 on one if I have to. 

On 5/29/2020 at 12:21 PM, Mark80 said:

This is 2020.  Run stopping MLBs are no longer the way to go.  Fast, big wing span, sideline to sideline coverage LBs are what is needed in today's game.  And he's still only 22, plenty of time to improve assignments in the run game, leverage, tackling and block shedding techniques.

So MLB's shouldn't be "run stopping" any more? I guess we can just put a cheerleader out there then, as long as she can run. Does she need to tackle anyone or just look good in a uniform?

On 5/29/2020 at 1:21 PM, Mark80 said:

This is 2020.  Run stopping MLBs are no longer the way to go.  Fast, big wing span, sideline to sideline coverage LBs are what is needed in today's game.  And he's still only 22, plenty of time to improve assignments in the run game, leverage, tackling and block shedding techniques.

Edmunds needs to get better against the run.  Part of his responsibility is run defense and gap coverage, which he still struggles with.  Edmunds, while having underneath coverage duties, also is supposed to finish up the tackle which the d-line initiates with their gap assignments.  There shouldn't be another 200 yard rushing game against this defense going forward; teams have seen we're vulnerable to the run, so they run at us until we prove we can stop it.  The run game is not dead and the linebackers are a vital part to stopping the run, even today.  If this defense still proves vulnerable to the run, it might be time to move Edmunds outside where he excels in coverage.

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

So MLB's shouldn't be "run stopping" any more? I guess we can just put a cheerleader out there then, as long as she can run. Does she need to tackle anyone or just look good in a uniform?

Why would you put a cheerleader out there to play MLB when she can’t cover?  

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Happy said:

Edmunds needs to get better against the run.  Part of his responsibility is run defense and gap coverage, which he still struggles with.  Edmunds, while having underneath coverage duties, also is supposed to finish up the tackle which the d-line initiates with their gap assignments.  There shouldn't be another 200 yard rushing game against this defense going forward; teams have seen we're vulnerable to the run, so they run at us until we prove we can stop it.  The run game is not dead and the linebackers are a vital part to stopping the run, even today.  If this defense still proves vulnerable to the run, it might be time to move Edmunds outside where he excels in coverage.

Sort of a larger topic, but run defense is largely overrated nowadays. Re:Edmunds, he is the future of the game @MLB and I'm pretty confident is going to have a breakout season. I hope he improves his reads but as far as 'run defense' being a reason to move him 'outside'...hard pass.

Who were the best defenses in the league last year? I'd say it's some ranking of (in any order) the Patriots, Bills, Niners, Steelers, Ravens as the top 5. Of those 5, only the Steelers had what you could consider a good run defense- they gave up 3.8ypa which was good for 3rd in the league. The rest? 17th, 19th, 23rd, and 21st respectively in terms of yards per carry defensively. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Sort of a larger topic, but run defense is largely overrated nowadays. Re:Edmunds, he is the future of the game @MLB and I'm pretty confident is going to have a breakout season. I hope he improves his reads but as far as 'run defense' being a reason to move him 'outside'...hard pass.

Who were the best defenses in the league last year? I'd say it's some ranking of (in any order) the Patriots, Bills, Niners, Steelers, Ravens as the top 5. Of those 5, only the Steelers had what you could consider a good run defense- they gave up 3.8ypa which was good for 3rd in the league. The rest? 17th, 19th, 23rd, and 21st respectively in terms of yards per carry defensively. 

I see.  What if there are multiple games this season where we can't stop the run, such as the Miami, Philly, and Cleveland games?  Cleveland and Philly beat us, and if Miami didn't have a stripped down roster, they would have beat us.  Every year this seems to be an issue for a couple of games.

I understand you have to stop the pass, but you can't let teams average 4+ yards a carry, either.  I'm not worried about being a top 5 defense, but an effective one that is difficult to move the ball against, including the run.  The rankings will sort themselves out.

Just now, Happy said:

I see.  What if there are multiple games this season where we can't stop the run, such as the Miami, Philly, and Cleveland games?  Cleveland and Philly beat us, and if Miami didn't have a stripped down roster, they would have beat us.  Every year this seems to be an issue for a couple of games.

I understand you have to stop the pass, but you can't let teams average 4+ yards a carry, either.  I'm not worried about being a top 5 defense, but an effective one that is difficult to move the ball against, including the run.  The rankings will sort themselves out.

Yeh there's a balance to be struck no doubt, but we ARE difficult to move the ball against on the ground, at least situationally. When we have the playcall in and the right personnel and we're dictating the game to the offense it's hard to run on us. The one game we suffered was vs Eagles and we were a mess along the dline w cohesion plus injuries. 

Overall my point is if you're going to build a Super Bowl caliber defense, build it to stop the pass and the rest will follow.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:01 PM, Tipster19 said:

I’m jumping on The Pain Train right here, right now! Zach Moss is a hammer, RBs like him only come around once in a while. Moss no doubt will make everybody else around him on offense better because of what he brings to the table. No predictions on his personal stats but there is no doubt in my mind that he is a rare intangible to this offense. I’m getting an authentic jersey of his when I get my wash out next month. I already looked but I can’t find one. If anybody knows where I can get one it will be greatly appreciated. I’m prepared to drop $350.00 on one if I have to. 

I think he will be a very popular player. I really like what I've heard from him in the few interviews I've seen, not just about football, but the guy has a good head on his shoulders. Combined with the type of player/runner he is, I'll jump on that Pain Train too!

• Like (+1) 1