Shawshank Redemption

Irv

4 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

My favorite line:

RED: I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone.

"Gets me out of the woodshop one month out of the year. Which is fine by me."

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

"Gets me out of the woodshop one month out of the year. Which is fine by me."

oh man— the great lines and quotes in Brian movie are endless! Here is another one of my favs:

Red:
Geology is the study of pressure and time. Thats all it takes really... pressure... and time... That, and a big $&#* poster.

On 5/29/2020 at 6:41 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Also, why not enter the sewage line as close as possible to the building's edge.  Did he have a desire to crawl through extra poop?

I always assumed he went for the weakest point in the pipe, like where it was most corroded.  He only had so many hits with the rock. 

46 minutes ago, Irv said:

I stand corrected.  Did you catch any?

Red's a funny guy.......he was the captain that day. Gave me some amazing not-for-air stories about what the Warden would do sometimes to inmates who REALLY got him mad.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

What I can't hear you... I'm enjoying some great opera...

OK - this was another really dumb move by Dufresne.  OK I get it.  He likes opera.  But why does he have to lock the door and blast it out over the prison yard?  Guaranteed trip to the hole. 

11 minutes ago, Irv said:

OK - this was another really dumb move by Dufresne.  OK I get it.  He likes opera.  But why does he have to lock the door and blast it out over the prison yard?  Guaranteed trip to the hole. 

He knew it would get shut down right away.  He was a smart enough man to calculate the risk and decided it was worth it.  He didn't only do it for himself; he did it for the entire prison population.

Because their's no "I" in Andy Dufresne.

• Like (+1) 1