Shawshank Redemption

Irv

13 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Wait, am I misremembering? Didn’t Tommy go to the warden and not Andy?

Andy went first. Then the warden met with Tommy, questioned him, made sure Tommy’s story was credible, and then had Tommy shot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoeF said:

Old man hearing....damn -- all these years

The first time I saw it I wasn't sure if he said "fussy" or "fuzzy" but she was wearing animal skins so "fuzzy" made sense.

But I hear you on the hearing.  I watch everything these days with subtitles.  My wife likes to watch a lot of British shows and it's essential for them.

On 5/29/2020 at 6:41 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Also, why not enter the sewage line as close as possible to the building's edge.  Did he have a desire to crawl through extra poop?

I was thinking that the other night.  480 yards of foul smelling stench doesn't sound as bad as 500 yards, and then Red has to say 4.8 football fields, or 4 kickoff returns and one where the return man got it back to the 20.  

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I was thinking that the other night.  480 yards of foul smelling stench doesn't sound as bad as 500 yards, and then Red has to say 4.8 football fields, or 4 kickoff returns and one where the return man got it back to the 20.  

And the desire to travel through more poop than necessary leads me to believe he was feeling guilty about something and self assigning penance.  Maybe he killed his wife after all.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, snafu said:

Lots of spoilers in here, I wish I hadn’t opened this thread!

There's a hard and fast rule, 26 years and we can spoil it for you. This is on you at this point!

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

Favorite Line of the Movie...

"What say there fuzzy britches?"

Raquel Welch Sexy Busty in Fur Bikini One Million Years B.C. ...

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/29/2020 at 12:49 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

People who quote the Bible, like all the time....are always honorable people.  Thats why Im a huge Jim Baker fan....he’s the bees knees when it comes to honorable.

Steve Martin did a good job playing the Warden huh?

Is that a Leap Of Faith reference?

Which is a good movie also. 

My favorite line:

RED: I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone.

• Like (+1) 2