Josh Allen is training with Bills receivers in Florida

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

oh thank goodness i'm not the only one that has been thinking this. I just said the other day, to my wife, that if I was on a football team i'd get all the guys together, get it, quarantine and get it out of the way for the next 2-3 months...… the look she gave me....

Image result for yikes gif

That's not really the same thing at all, big difference between saying it'd be optimal if they'd all already had it gaining immunity without the possible repercussions and saying they should purposely get it.

I’m actually not against you on this, but that goes with confirmation if they get it once, they can’t get it again.  I sincerely hope so.  When we know that maybe you’re idea is not s9 bad if controlled well.  Losing one person to this destruction though is horrible.

22 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

oh thank goodness i'm not the only one that has been thinking this. I just said the other day, to my wife, that if I was on a football team i'd get all the guys together, get it, quarantine and get it out of the way for the next 2-3 months...… the look she gave me....

Please don't mistake me - I think deliberately getting together and TRYING to get covid-19 would be Stump Stupid and DumbJust Don't, and Say you Didn't.

I just received a PM from a member who had reached out to me 3 months ago about a physician friend looking for a plasma donor match for a friend's daughter - Age 22.  She died, after struggling against covid-19 for 3 months and getting all the available treatments.

I repeat - Age 22.  Previously healthy. 

Then there's Mango's story about his friends on the US Olympic Women's Rowing Team who caught covid-19, probably from a guest trainer - again, young healthy athletes in peak physical condition who were not out bar hopping and assuming any risks, too busy training hard for olympic trials.  They believe they all caught it from one of the trainers just before the training center closed and the rowers disbanded.  Several of them are still fighting the ongoing effects of "mild" cases and those who have recovered, 2-3 months later, are still trying to work themselves back to the fitness they were in in February before they caught it.

No, for anyone (and especially an elite athlete) to deliberately court catching covid-19 would be Dumb Dumb Dumb, as in career limiting move dumb.

But given that they already scheduled and completed their workouts....just saying that the optimal outcome would be if they all caught it, were asymptomatic, and are now immune. 

That may be too fine a distinction so maybe your wife should give me "that Look" too.

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That's not really the same thing at all, big difference between saying it'd be optimal if they'd all already had it gaining immunity without the possible repercussions and saying they should purposely get it.

I always value serious responses to light hearted posts. thanks..... yes if you'd like to break down the details there's difference. I was just making a light hearted statement about not being the only one who's thinking about an optimal outcome would be a bunch of them already got it and got through it....

you're a blast.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please don't mistake me - I think deliberately getting together and TRYING to get covid-19 would be Stump Stupid and DumbJust Don't, and Say you Didn't.

I just received a PM from a member who had reached out to me 3 months ago about a physician friend looking for a plasma donor match for a friend's daughter - Age 22.

She died, after struggling against covid-19 for 3 months and getting all the available treatments.

Then there's Mango's story about his friends on the US Olympic Women's Rowing Team who caught covid-19, probably from a guest trainer - again, young healthy athletes in peak physical condition who were not out assuming any risks, they believe they caught it from one of the trainers in March.  Several of them are still fighting the ongoing effects of "mild" cases and those who have recovered, 2-3 months later, are still trying to work themselves back to the fitness they were in in February before they caught it.

No, for anyone (and especially an elite athlete) to deliberately court catching covid-19 would be Dumb Dumb Dumb, as in career limiting move.

But given that they already scheduled and completed their workouts....just saying that the optimal outcome would be if they all caught it, were asymptomatic, and are now immune.

super serious around these boards lately.... sorry I mentioned. 

anyone with half a brain understands its not a realistic option. geez guys.

I suppose this is why I've mostly stayed away from anything covid or race related on here for over a month now.... pins and needles.

BTW guys, I own and operate a fitness facility with over 300 members. Their safety is literally my first and foremost priority every single day. I have a large senior citizen population through here. I've quite literally lived, breathed, ate, and dreamed of sanitation and safety daily for over a month now since I opened back up.

light hearted joke that didn't translate well, guys.... sorry I bothered.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I always value serious responses to light hearted posts. thanks..... yes if you'd like to break down the details there's difference. I was just making a light hearted statement about not being the only one who's thinking about an optimal outcome would be a bunch of them already got it and got through it....

you're a blast.

super serious around these boards lately.... sorry I mentioned. 

anyone with half a brain understands its not a realistic option. geez guys.

I suppose this is why I've mostly stayed away from anything covid or race related on here for over a month now.... pins and needles.

BTW guys, I own and operate a fitness facility with over 300 members. Their safety is literally my first and foremost priority every single day. I have a large senior citizen population through here. I've quite literally lived, breathed, ate, and dreamed of sanitation and safety daily for over a month now since I opened back up.

light hearted joke that didn't translate well, guys.... sorry I bothered.

Sorry I misunderstood you!

The problem is.....there are too many people around with "half a brain", as you put it.  They are having "covid-19 parties" where they try to catch covid in Western WA

There are frats at Alabama who have been having them! 

So yeah, there's so much utter stupidity that it's hard to tell someone being light hearted/not serious from so much of the idiocracy that actually abounds IRL

Apologies again - And please ask your wife to ship out a couple of those "Looks", I could use 'em

PS kudos on trying so hard to run a safe business!

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sorry I misunderstood you!

The problem is.....there are too many people around with "half a brain", as you put it.  They are having "covid-19 parties" where they try to catch covid in Western WA

There are frats at Alabama who have been having them! 

So yeah, there's so much utter stupidity that it's hard to tell someone being light hearted/not serious from so much of the idiocracy that actually abounds IRL

Apologies again - And please ask your wife to ship out a couple of those "Looks", I could use 'em

PS kudos on trying so hard to run a safe business!

no worries. didn't carry over well via message board.... and believe me, I don't think you would like that glare I got across the room from her. It transitioned into some snarky remark saying something about "you and your football." I dunno. I stopped listening shortly after ?