Ryen Russillo podcast/Josh Allen review

I refuse to listen to this podcast.  I really did like the person who broke down the QBR broken up by half seasons.  I also thought it was funny the person referencing the only two nationally televised games.  Allen has been a lightning rod from media pundits for two years, yet our team was 10-6 last year, and would have been 11-5 if we played our starters against the Jets in week 17.

10 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Played some monster defenses the second half of 2019 too

I read that the Bills played the 6th hardest schedule of defenses based on yards allowed.  This with 9 new starters around him, no #2 WR and basically half a RB (Singletary was good but split the load with Gore).

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:16 AM, Doc said:

I read that the Bills played the 6th hardest schedule of defenses based on yards allowed.  This with 9 new starters around him, no #2 WR and basically half a RB (Singletary was good but split the load with Gore).

Many talk about the easy schedule last year but that really applies mostly to the offenses they faced.

Sixth seems high.  I looked at the DVOA for last year's schedule and it seemed pretty balanced.  2 against NE vs. 2 vs. Miami. (#1 vs #32.)  Top 5 Pitt and Balt vs. bottom 5 Giants and Bengals. Jets, Broncos and Eagles were top 13 vs. Cowboys, Browns and Redskins in the bottom 13.  Titans were at 16.  So, very balanced.

But those who talk about how the Bills offense faced a weak schedule last year and it will be much tougher this year are talking fiction at least so says their 2019 DVOAs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Josh was always pegged as being a longer term project. It would take him 3-4 years to become a franchise caliber qb. And I believe the incremental improvement he has shown from yr 1 to year 2 was very optimistic. He'll need to hit on the deep ball this year. No excuses with Diggs and Brown. He'll need to hit on 60% or above. He'll need to secure the ball and finally be smarter reading defenses. He will continue to be blitzed so it will be up to Josh & Daboll to game plan that. I think his ceiling is higher than Darnold because of his athleticism. 

I just don’t see Allen having reached his ceiling. He was SO raw coming out, and so much less experienced than other QB’s coming out when he did, that he’s not going to be fully developed after two seasons. 

I know it’s a gut thing, but mine tells me he’s not fully developed.