Dan Orlovsky just did AFCE QB rankings on ESPN. Had Allen at #3!

To be Honest, Darnold and Allen are 1a and 1b. Obviously im hoping Darnold gets better, and with an improved OL i think he will. But to say Tua is better than Allen is riduculous. I do admit that the Bills will win the division, the Jets and Dolphins will battle for the 2nd spot, but with the Jets having the 2nd hardest schedule i think the Dolphins take the 2nd spot. All hail the Pats being last. I wouldnt be surprised if the Pats go 0-6 in the division.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

in terms of pure talent id rank them

Darnold

Tua/Allen

Patriots QB whomever it is.

Darnold is the most talented guy, but has been ruined by an inept Jets front office and coaching staff.

Tua has all the arm and athletic talent in the world and is a dual threat much like Allen. He is the real deal, IMO. Hate that he went to Miami. Can he remain healthy is the question. Will it transition to the pros.

How has he been ruined? He went 6-2 at the end of the season with a garbage OL. With a revamped OL i think he will flourish.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

To be Honest, Darnold and Allen are 1a and 1b. Obviously im hoping Darnold gets better, and with an improved OL i think he will. But to say Tua is better than Allen is riduculous. I do admit that the Bills will win the division, the Jets and Dolphins will battle for the 2nd spot, but with the Jets having the 2nd hardest schedule i think the Dolphins take the 2nd spot. All hail the Pats being last. I wouldnt be surprised if the Pats go 0-6 in the division.

I love how competitive those two are with each other. I really hope they spend the next 10 plus years competing with each other for first place in the AFCE.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

I love how competitive those two are with each other. I really hope they spend the next 10 plus years competing with each other for first place in the AFCE.

The fact that they are friends and hangout with each other speaks to the character that both of them have.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

And it makes our division even better due to the fact that there is going to be more variety and diversity with the Pats coming back to earth.......Bye Pats fans

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

How has he been ruined? He went 6-2 at the end of the season with a garbage OL. With a revamped OL i think he will flourish.

I don't really understand those fans who think Darnold is a bad QB. Yeah, he needs to turn the ball over less, but he has shown flashes of excellent QB play. He's talented.

And Allen is also talented and has shown he's a winner. I'd certainly rank both of them over Tua, who is a rookie and needs to come in and prove he can play at this level and stay healthy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

I don't really understand those fans who think Darnold is a bad QB. Yeah, he needs to turn the ball over less, but he has shown flashes of excellent QB play. He's talented.

And Allen is also talented and has shown he's a winner. I'd certainly rank both of them over Tua, who is a rookie and needs to come in and prove he can play at this level and stay healthy.

They both are talented, hell, i would have been happy with the Jets drafting Allen, and he scares the ***** out of me every time he drops back against the Jets. Tua is an unknown, and to rate him ahead of Allen is homerism. Also, to rate Fitz as the #1 QB in the AFCE is just dreaming, to think that is ######ed.....and you know who you are, i saw your posts....

4 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

And it makes our division even better due to the fact that there is going to be more variety and diversity with the Pats coming back to earth.......Bye Pats fans

After a few losing seasons, there will be much fewer of them. #fairweatherfans. #TampaBayherewecome

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’ll say this... Darnold was my #1 QB going into the draft where we took Allen. Initially I was really disappointed we wound up with Allen instead. After two seasons it is a no contest for me that Josh is better. I call it like I see it, no Bills blinders on. Allen is a whole level above any other AFC East QB. If DaBoll can put it all together as a play caller we have a very real shot at the Super Bowl this year.

I don’t see how anyone could argue Allen is beneath anyone in the East.

Edited by Troll Toll

2 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I’ll say this... Darnold was my #1 QB going into the draft where we took Allen. Initially I was really disappointed we wound up with Allen instead. After two seasons it is a no contest for me that Josh is better. I call it like I see it, no Bills blinders on. Allen is a whole level above any other AFC East QB. If DaBoll can put it all together as a play caller we have a very real shot at the Super Bowl this year.

I don’t see how anyone could afgue Allen is beneath anyone in the East.

How is Josh better?

1 minute ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Allen scares me more than TT

he should! Unfortunately he might scare us more too. 

This year should be a slam dunk for him. Curious to see where it goes from there though. Will be an exciting ride wherever it ends.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

How is Josh better?

Josh Allen IS the Bills offense. He makes things happen when nobody else can and comes through on tough downs like 3rd and longs over and over again. The fact that he had any level of success his rookie year with the worst offensive supporting cast I’ve seen in 25 years watching the Bills speaks volumes. Barring any key injuries, Josh’s status at the top of the East will be crystal clear at the end of this year.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Dan who?

Dan "eleven yard endzone" Orlovsky.

8 hours ago, FireChans said:

This isn’t a media bashing thread but if they don’t love Allen, they have an “agenda.”

Hmmmm

There is lot of space between loving Allen and thinking a rookie Tua is better than a third year Allen. Like the OP I can get the Darnold love although I would have Allen slightly ahead of Darnold at this point. But Tua? That seems absurd. Heck, I'd even be fine with Fitzpatrick ahead of both Allen and Darnold. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

A playoff win is high standards? Yikes. Come on man. Set your bar higher. 

You said you don’t consider 2/3 playoff years ‘much of an accomplishment’. With respect to the recent Bills history you referenced I suggested your standards for accomplishment might be a little too high.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Allen and Darnold haven't been anything special up to this point;

Can't fully agree here. Allen has been a beast with his legs. Until Lamar Jackson exploded last season, Allen as a rookie put up arguably the best six game rushing streak of any NFL QB in history. Right there with prime Vick. And that is part of the total package with Allen. Allen has also improved his game over the course of each of his first two seasons. The way he finished the final 8 or 10 games of last season was pretty impressive IMO.

• Like (+1) 3

It's really dumb to rank players in order like that. What is the difference between the 24th QB and the 25th QB? I prefer to place players in tiers. Allen and Darnold are both in the same tier. Tua is in the same tier as any other 1st round QB, and that tier should not even be in the same ranked list as everyone else. Stidham is in the bottom tier of starting QBs unless proven otherwise. I can't imagine trying to argue that there is an objective ranking that puts Darnold ahead of Allen, or vice versa for that matter. And you can't even try to compare a newly drafted rookie to a 2 year starter.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1