Dan Orlovsky just did AFCE QB rankings on ESPN. Had Allen at #3!

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You're good w/Allen ranked 3rd QB in the division?

When it comes to Orlovsky or any other random media member, I honestly couldn’t care less.

Edited by Bangarang

Just now, Doc said:

Probably fewer than 10.  Tuna couldn't stay healthy in college.  And the best ability is...

I agree...I am not sure more the 2 or 3 would take Tua over Allen, and wouldn't surprise me if none did.  I was just granting him the benefit of the doubt someone would because there are some pretty stupid GM's out there.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would bet less than 10 teams in the NFL would choose Tua over Allen right now today.  Allen showed great strides and people who know football are high on Allen.  There are some GM's that may not be sold, but I don't think its many and its probably none of the good ones.  

Because of Tua’s health, he won’t get all the votes like he would if he stayed healthy. But I think you’re overrating.  Our quarterback averages less than 200 yards passing: game in a league that is set up to pass.  It would be silly not to have questions about Allen as a quarterback. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Posted what like 25 times in this thread since it opened a couple hrs ago

That’s probably true but is that supposed to somehow prove I care about what DO thinks? 

Weak gotcha attempt.

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Kind of. He tends to go back and forth on him.  I just can't believe he would rank a rookie over a QB who just took his team to the playoffs.  

For much of the league, a wildcard birth isn’t near the accomplishment this board makes it out to be.

it’s still a good season, and not trashing the team but it’s not a major feat either.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because of Tua’s health, he won’t get all the votes like he would if he stayed healthy. But I think you’re overrating.  Our quarterback averages less than 200 yards passing: game in a league that is set up to pass.  It would be silly not to have questions about Allen as a quarterback. 

Last time I checked, 30 TDs was 30 TDs.  

Hes a dual threat weapon in a league that just saw a dual threat QB win MVP.  Allen was second ONLY to Lamar last year from week 5 to end of season in scoring.  That was after he openly admitted he had to adjust his game after the week 4 NE game.  He put up 21 TDs and only 3 Turnovers over that span.  

You are severely undervaluing him.  

Not to mention...9 new starters, rotation on the OL that didnt settle all year, and a league leading drops by his receivers, another group that was all new to him and changed all year long.  

And just his 2nd season.  Allen had a 109 rating throwing deep to John Brown and a 21 QB rating throwing deep to everyone else.  What do you think Diggs, the leagues number 1 deep ball WR and number 1 contested catch WR is going to do for Allen and that deep ball?  What do you think Diggs is going to do for opening up John Brown more and Cole?  Not to mention how it will help Knox and the RB's coming out of the backfield?  

Sorry man, you have been under selling Allen for a while.  There is a LOT more to love here than you give him credit for.  Not to mention, how clutch he has been and how many big positive strides he has taken in small periods of time since he last stepped foot on a Wyoming football field.  

To be honest, I am not really sure any GM would take Tua over Allen, I am just assuming some would given the amount of bad GMs out there. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

That’s probably true but is that supposed to somehow prove I care about what DO thinks? 

Weak gotcha attempt.

You're right. It's way more reasonable to care about what other people think about what DO thinks.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You're right. It's way more reasonable to care about what other people think about what DO thinks.

Maybe seeing Allen 3rd in Orlovsky’s eyes has you in a blind rage because that’s not what’s actually happening.

Edited by Bangarang

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

For much of the league, a wildcard birth isn’t near the accomplishment this board makes it out to be.

it’s still a good season, and not trashing the team but it’s not a major feat either.

It is at least a step in the right direction. For the team and for Allen. 

28 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

For the Buffalo Bills it is!  2nd playoff appearance in two of the last three years since 1999.  But like you said, for much of the league.  

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

2 one and done playoff appearances with a .500 record overall the past 3 years sure is a nice change from the disaster that was the Buffalo Bills from 2001 to 2013.... it’s really not much of an accomplishment though. 

It's pretty remarkable how you're able to plumb the depths of misery that is the Bills' recent history and yet have such high standards for what you consider an accomplishment.

• Awesome! (+1) 1