Dan Orlovsky just did AFCE QB rankings on ESPN. Had Allen at #3!

36 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mark Sanchez had 5 game winning drives in 2010.   This stat is so misleading without context.  That 14-7 Titans comeback was an awful offensive football game and their kicker missed 3 fgs I believe.  Mahomes lost a game where he led them to 51 points!  That goes down as a loss.  It’s dumb without context. 

for instance, Allen could have zero game winning drives this year and be a much, much, much better qb. 

You are also ignoring that Allen scored the 6th most TDs last year despite starting and finishing just 14 games.  He was one of the highest rated passers in the entire 4th quarter.  Has the most game winning comebacks in the 4th in the NFL over his 2 years in the NFL, again after missing or not finishing 6 games.  And he put up 30 TDs last year despite playing with NINE new starters on offense.

Want another fun stat to show how bad his supporting cast was in the deep game struggles:

Allen throwing deep 20+ yards to Brown had a 109 QB rating!   

Allen throwing deep 20+ yards to everyone else had a 21 QB rating!  

Despite the short comings of his WR group, the NFL leading Bills in dropped passes, 9 new starters on offense, including rookies, an ever shifting OL with Ford moving around...the kid STILL put up 30 TDs in 14 and some change games, led us to 10 wins, tied for most comeback wins, and got us to the playoffs in just his 2nd season.  

Comparing him to Sanchez is utterly ridiculous.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Dan Orlovsky. The 5 star recruit that committed to the powerhouse football program of UConn University. 

The guy who in 8 seasons started 12 games with a 58% comp rate, 3132 yds and a 15/13 TD- INT rate.

The guy actually ranks Carson Wentz above Aaron Rodgers? 

Yeah! That guy!

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

This Dan Orlovsky, the one that couldn't judge that he was a yard and a half out of bounds? He's the one ranking QB's? 

Best Dan Orlovsky GIFs | Gfycat

The guy probably doesn’t even post on message boards.  He can’t possibly know more than us about QB play.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Billl said:

You love that chart, but nobody has said big stats in college mean NFL success.  They’re simply a prerequisite in nearly very case historically.  Having great eyesight doesn’t mean you can be an NFL QB, but being blind means you can’t.

LOL; people on this board pass around college stats like hippies pass joints at Haight Ashbury.   And what do you mean as a prerequisite?  By using the word "They're" you are implying Big Stats based on your previous sentence.  

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

You mean like being up 16-0 at halftime in a playoff game only to watch the defense give up 22 points in the 2nd half?  That kind of dominate defense when it mattered most! 

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. Oy vei ?

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Don't get me wrong, Allen and the offense could have performed better in second half as well; but the defense seems to get a pass in the biggest game of the year and perhaps biggest game in the past 20 years.  But, I guess it's all Allen's fault to you!

Yes, I’m saying it’s literally all Allen’s fault. Everything. 

The defense could have been better but it’s hard to stay mad at them when they are one of the leagues best and a big reason why we’ve even made the playoffs twice in the last 3 years. 

The offense hasn’t been nearly as good so they don’t get the benefit of doubt.

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

LOL; people on this board pass around college stats like hippies pass joints at Haight Ashbury.   And what do you mean as a prerequisite?  By using the word "They're" you are implying Big Stats based on your previous sentence.  

Show me a franchise NFL QB with college stats worse than Allen’s and I'll show you 10 who dwarf them.  It’s hard to find good NFL QBs based only in college production, but it’s incredibly easy to predict QBs who won’t make it in the NFL based on college production.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

God forbid Bills fans prefer their QB to the Dolphins' small rookie w/a broken hip

Literally nobody is complaining that Bills fans prefer Josh to Tua, and literally nobody is confusing the two of them for Lou Gehrig and Cal Ripken.

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. Oy vei ?

Yes, I’m saying it’s literally all Allen’s fault. Everything. 

The defense could have been better but it’s hard to stay mad at them when they are one of the leagues best and a big reason why we’ve even made the playoffs twice in the last 3 years. 

The offense hasn’t been nearly as good so they don’t get the benefit of doubt.

If only Allen had made that tackle when it was 3rd and 18 and a stop probably would have sealed the game!  Damn he sucks!  

20 minutes ago, Billl said:

Show me a franchise NFL QB with college stats worse than Allen’s and I'll show you 10 who dwarf them.  It’s hard to find good NFL QBs based only in college production, but it’s incredibly easy to predict QBs who won’t make it in the NFL based on college production.

Literally nobody is complaining that Bills fans prefer Josh to Tua, and literally nobody is confusing the two of them for Lou Gehrig and Cal Ripken.

So tell me Chief, why did the Bills draft him then?  At #7 of all places, Why?    

in terms of pure talent id rank them

Darnold

Tua/Allen

Patriots QB whomever it is.

Darnold is the most talented guy, but has been ruined by an inept Jets front office and coaching staff.

Tua has all the arm and athletic talent in the world and is a dual threat much like Allen. He is the real deal, IMO. Hate that he went to Miami. Can he remain healthy is the question. Will it transition to the pros.

Just now, Mike in Horseheads said:

He falls into 4th he'll get relegated!  Oh sorry @Blokestradamus get me confused on football leagues

I say Allen will blow all other AFC quarterbacks out of the water by pretty much whatever metric you want to use next season and I guarantee NOBODY chirping here will take that bet

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You are also ignoring that Allen scored the 6th most TDs last year despite starting and finishing just 14 games.  He was one of the highest rated passers in the entire 4th quarter.  Has the most game winning comebacks in the 4th in the NFL over his 2 years in the NFL, again after missing or not finishing 6 games.  And he put up 30 TDs last year despite playing with NINE new starters on offense.

Want another fun stat to show how bad his supporting cast was in the deep game struggles:

Allen throwing deep 20+ yards to Brown had a 109 QB rating!   

Allen throwing deep 20+ yards to everyone else had a 21 QB rating!  

Despite the short comings of his WR group, the NFL leading Bills in dropped passes, 9 new starters on offense, including rookies, an ever shifting OL with Ford moving around...the kid STILL put up 30 TDs in 14 and some change games, led us to 10 wins, tied for most comeback wins, and got us to the playoffs in just his 2nd season.  

Comparing him to Sanchez is utterly ridiculous.  

Never said he was Sanchez (though Mark averaged more years passing that year for perspective).  I definitely think he is better than Sanchez.  It just shows that the stat doesn’t mean you’re Joe Montana in a SB every game.

and again, he’s done good things but certain stats are misleading.  Like Combined tds for QBs.  Rushing tds is a very random number and goes down the longer a player plays.  Also, guys like Rodgers and Brees lose tds because they have short yardage backs and Hill.  Our offense scored 19 points a game.  

And what would Mitch’s numbers be if his wrs caught their 25 drops!!! Again, saying you prefer Tua over Allen isn’t really some hot take.  I think the vast majority of football people would take Tua if they knew he was healthy over most young QBs not named Mahomes.  He was a beast at Bama.

12 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

in terms of pure talent id rank them

Darnold

Tua/Allen

Patriots QB whomever it is.

Darnold is the most talented guy, but has been ruined by an inept Jets front office and coaching staff.

Tua has all the arm and athletic talent in the world and is a dual threat much like Allen. He is the real deal, IMO. Hate that he went to Miami. Can he remain healthy is the question. Will it transition to the pros.

You really think Darnold is more talented than Tua?   I disagree with that one. 

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You're good w/Allen ranked 3rd QB in the division?

The 3rd ranked qb in the NFC South might be Matt Ryan.  Look at the bright side. ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Never said he was Sanchez (though Mark averaged more years passing that year for perspective).  I definitely think he is better than Sanchez.  It just shows that the stat doesn’t mean you’re Joe Montana in a SB every game.

and again, he’s done good things but certain stats are misleading.  Like Combined tds for QBs.  Rushing tds is a very random number and goes down the longer a player plays.  Also, guys like Rodgers and Brees lose tds because they have short yardage backs and Hill.  Our offense scored 19 points a game.  

And what would Mitch’s numbers be if his wrs caught their 25 drops!!! Again, saying you prefer Tua over Allen isn’t really some hot take.  I think the vast majority of football people would take Tua if they knew he was healthy over most young QBs not named Mahomes.  He was a beast at Bama.

I would bet less than 10 teams in the NFL would choose Tua over Allen right now today.  Allen showed great strides and people who know football are high on Allen.  There are some GM's that may not be sold, but I don't think its many and its probably none of the good ones.  

48 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We dont know if Stidham is better then Tua

And frankly neither does Orlavsky

I would bet you a lot of money Tua will have a better nfl career than Stidham (assuming he can stay healthy).  Of course no one knows for sure but it’s not really a stretch to think that.

and it’s funny when Chris Simms or Jordan Palmer gives positive stuff about Allen, no posters try to put down their careers, ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would bet less than 10 teams in the NFL would choose Tua over Allen right now today.  Allen showed great strides and people who know football are high on Allen.  There are some GM's that may not be sold, but I don't think its many and its probably none of the good ones.  

Probably fewer than 10.  Tuna couldn't stay healthy in college.  And the best ability is...

• Like (+1) 1