Dan Orlovsky just did AFCE QB rankings on ESPN. Had Allen at #3!

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Do you think anyone would have a problem with his rankings if Allen was 1st and Tua was 2nd? Probably not. Nobody seems to have an issue that Tua is ranked ahead of Stidham. 

I am guessing Jets fans would have an issue with that...

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Do you think anyone would have a problem with his rankings if Allen was 1st and Tua was 2nd? Probably not. Nobody seems to have an issue that Tua is ranked ahead of Stidham. 

I would. I would rank Darnold above Tua.

Stidham is also an unknown. So all you really have to go off of them is their draft position and their college tape. Stidham was a 4th rounder. Tua was taken 5th overall.

2 hours ago, Clutchwarfare said:

Fair point on rushing TDs. Well said.

Still wouldn't take any other AFC-E QB over Josh tho.

Maybe I suffer from "Homer Syndrome", maybe not. We shall see.

It’s really close IMO.  I will say that those who have not seen many Bills games do miss out by not seeing him in action.  There’s no denying that he’s an exciting player who plays with a different style that is fun to watch.  I don’t know what it’s worth in terms of team success, but it’s certainly endearing to fans.  He’s kind of the opposite of Cousins and Prescott who put up numbers and win a lot of games but whose styles of play seem to lack a certain level of passion.

41 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Seriously?  He had an NFL leading 5 game winning drives last year. (tied with Watson and Wilson) I am sure the detractors will claim that we shouldn't have been behind in the first place, but reality is we won several games because of him last season, not in spite of... I respectfully disagree with your take.

Mark Sanchez had 5 game winning drives in 2010.   This stat is so misleading without context.  That 14-7 Titans comeback was an awful offensive football game and their kicker missed 3 fgs I believe.  Mahomes lost a game where he led them to 51 points!  That goes down as a loss.  It’s dumb without context. 

for instance, Allen could have zero game winning drives this year and be a much, much, much better qb. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Kind of. He tends to go back and forth on him.  I just can't believe he would rank a rookie over a QB who just took his team to the playoffs.  

Its all about clicks ($$$)... Regardless, crap like this tends to fire Allen up, so not a problem with me. 

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Stidham is also an unknown. So all you really have to go off of them is their draft position and their college tape. Stidham was a 4th rounder. Tua was taken 5th overall.

If healthy, and that’s the problem with Tua obviously, in the same draft, Tua goes first over any afc East QB.  

Just now, Paulus said:

Its all about clicks ($$$)... Regardless, crap like this tends to fire Allen up, so not a problem with me. 

You really think he wrote this for clicks?  Won’t it make more sense then to have Darnold ranked last to fire up the NYC market?

this is a crazy thought but maybe this is his honest opinion.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

It doesn’t matter where you rank them. That’s not the point. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If healthy, and that’s the problem with Tua obviously, in the same draft, Tua goes first over any afc East QB.  

You really think he wrote this for clicks?  Won’t it make more sense then to have Darnold ranked last to fire up the NYC market?

this is a crazy thought but maybe this is his honest opinion.  

I don't think many of these guys actually give their honest opinion. But, thats just cynical me. 

Diogenes-the-Cynic-600x450.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It doesn’t matter where you rank them. That’s not the point. 

Bills fans struggle with the concept that subjective player evaluations are not uniform. Which is hilarious, considering half of this fan base debated Flutie vs Johnson for 20 years.

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mark Sanchez had 5 game winning drives in 2010.   This stat is so misleading without context.  That 14-7 Titans comeback was an awful offensive football game and their kicker missed 3 fgs I believe.  Mahomes lost a game where he led them to 51 points!  That goes down as a loss.  It’s dumb without context. 

for instance, Allen could have zero game winning drives this year and be a much, much, much better qb. 

You know what’s even better than that many game winning drives? Building a big lead and watching your defense dominate so you don’t even have to worry about it. 

It’s cool that Allen has moxy and can play his best in the 4th quarter but I’d rather not need a 4th quarter comeback in a game where the Steeers are playing Duck ***** Hodges at QB, are missing JuJu and turn it over a bunch of times.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Dan who?

Dan Orlovsky. The 5 star recruit that committed to the powerhouse football program of UConn University. 

The guy who in 8 seasons started 12 games with a 58% comp rate, 3132 yds and a 15/13 TD- INT rate.

The guy actually ranks Carson Wentz above Aaron Rodgers? 

Yeah! That guy!

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For the most part that is true, but just because Sanchez did it doesn't mean Allen isn't a good QB. I have context. I watched those games and frankly saw him make plays in some of those drives that very few QB's in the league could make. Does he make head scratchingly bad plays sometimes too? Sure, he is a second year QB.  BUT, using the context that I have, watching those comebacks, I believe he is an above average QB, with the potential to be elite.  Those comebacks were not a statistical anomaly, they were by and large the result of Allen making great plays and his teammates rallying behind him because of his ability.

Fitz had better passing stats than Allen did last year, but only by a whisker (based on passing efficiency). I'd replace Tua with Fitz, but until Allen actually demonstrates that he can be a good passer, I'm not drinking the kool-aid.

Edited by GreggTX

2 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Yeah whatever man.  I couldn't defend that chart either.

You love that chart, but nobody has said big stats in college mean NFL success.  They’re simply a prerequisite in nearly very case historically.  Having great eyesight doesn’t mean you can be an NFL QB, but being blind means you can’t.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You know what’s even better than that many game winning drives? Building a big lead and watching your defense dominate so you don’t even have to worry about it. 

It’s cool that Allen has moxy and can play his best in the 4th quarter but I’d rather not need a 4th quarter comeback in a game where the Steeers are playing Duck ***** Hodges at QB, are missing JuJu and turn it over a bunch of times.

You mean like being up 16-0 at halftime in a playoff game only to watch the defense give up 22 points in the 2nd half?  That kind of dominate defense when it mattered most!  Don't get me wrong, Allen and the offense could have performed better in second half as well; but the defense seems to get a pass in the biggest game of the year and perhaps biggest game in the past 20 years.  But, I guess it's all Allen's fault to you!

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Huh? 

How is Wyoming not relevant when an analyst is ranking Tua over Allen? 

What does the analyst have to go on? He has Tua's college performance only and draft position verses Allen's college production, draft status and first two years as a professional.

There was a book on Allen coming from college into the pros. The cons in his Scouting Report have not been totally unproven by his first two years. 

The thing is, some Bills fans can't even have a debate. They are so focused on how offended they are. 

Yes Allen was 6th in total TDs. He also was 30th in ypg, 32nd in completion percentage, 23rd in rating, 21st in passing TDs and his offense scored 19.6 ppg against a weak schedule, with a defense that allowed 16.2 ppg. 

Tua is shorter in stature, not an elite athlete, not elite arm strength, and Greg Cosell said he is a system QB, not transcendent. So not all analysts are Dan O. But I don't get the outrage over that ranking. Allen can silence all the critics this season.

YES I DID SAY THAT, IN REGARDS TO THE OP WHICH WAS WHINING ABOUT DAN O RANKING TUA HIGHER THAN ALLEN. 

Yeah an analyst watched one guy win a National Championship and watched the other guy throw for 16 TDs in his final season at Wyoming. 

Not everyone agrees with the Bills FO projection on Allen, and that's okay. 

I already answered that and you IGNORED IT.  Wyoming is IRRELEVANT now on how Allen projects to the NFL because he has ALREADY played 2 seasons.  UTTERLY STUPID to go back to Wyoming and use that as a comparison for Allen.  We already KNOW what he can DO in the REAL NFL.  There is no make believe here, he just put up the 6th most TDs in the entire NFL in his 2nd year despite only starting and finishing 14 games.  

I dont even know how this doesnt make sense to you.  

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

lmfao he has two years of professional tape to go on wtf is this

For reals man LMFAO

• Like (+1) 1