Dan Orlovsky just did AFCE QB rankings on ESPN. Had Allen at #3!

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

YES I DID SAY THAT, IN REGARDS TO THE OP WHICH WAS WHINING ABOUT DAN O RANKING TUA HIGHER THAN ALLEN. 

Yeah an analyst watched one guy win a National Championship and watched the other guy throw for 16 TDs in his final season at Wyoming. 

Not everyone agrees with the Bills FO projection on Allen, and that's okay. 

Are you yelling in ALL CAPS!  Lol

I guess your not going to defend your point implying college statistics are the benchmark for NFL success.  Like you said, "Yes is did say that".

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Are you yelling in ALL CAPS!  Lol

I guess your not going to defend your point implying college statistics are the benchmark for NFL success.  Like you said, "Yes is did say that".

Dan O ranked Tua higher. Why?

Is Tua taller - No. 

Does he have better arm strength - No. 

So why? Better college, better competition, more production, more accuracy, National Championships. 

Not once did I make the argument that I agree with Dan O, or base all QB judgments on college production. That's you putting words in my mouth.

Dan O watched the tape, looked over the numbers and came to that conclusion.  

But I don't understand all the outrage from some Bills fans at this. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Dan O ranked Tua higher. Why?

Is Tua taller - No. 

Does he have better arm strength - No. 

So why? Better college, better competition, more production, more accuracy, National Championships. 

Not once did I make the argument that I agree with Dan O, or base all QB judgments on college production. That's you putting words in my mouth.

Dan O watched the tape, looked over the numbers and came to that conclusion.  

But I don't understand all the outrage from some Bills fans at this. 

I'm certainly not outraged, I'm not the one shouting in ALL CAPS.

There you go again, implying college production is a benchmark for evaluating NFL success.  I provided you a list of the top college QBs by production who the majority of them are not even in the NFL nor had success in the NFL.  

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I'm certainly not outraged, I'm not the one shouting in ALL CAPS.

There you go again, implying college production is a benchmark for evaluating NFL success.  I provided you a list of the top college QBs by production who the majority of them are not even in the NFL nor had success in the NFL.  

Whatever man. 

Good for you.

Wow, six pages in three hours...somebody knows how to get Bills fans riled up.

I can't wait for the season to play out because I have my own expectations for what Josh Allen is going to accomplish and none of this crap matters one iota.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not too hot and bothered about this.  Dan O is entitled to his opinion, even though I disagree with it.  Allen's numbers are not great, but he does so many things that statistics don't show.  He's a great leader, plays with passion and seems to have the 4th quarter clutch gene.  He needs to improve his accuracy and stop putting the ball on the carpet.  He can (and I believe will) improve in those areas.  Tua may turn out to be great, but I always take QBs from certain programs with a grain of salt.  Tua had an NFL caliber offensive line, NFL caliber WRs, and an NFL caliber set of receivers.  He's certainly talented, but he was also surrounded by talent that far exceeded that of his opponents (except for maybe LSU and Clemson).  He won't have that benefit with the 'Fins and he's coming off a pretty serious injury.  Plus, the number of first round QBs that bust in the NFL is pretty high.  We'll see.

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Kind of. He tends to go back and forth on him.  I just can't believe he would rank a rookie over a QB who just took his team to the playoffs.  

They kind of went to the playoffs DESPITE Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

No. Nobody is saying that. You are arguing something that nobody else is arguing. I think you are trying to make some kind of dumb point but really you are just being dumb. Both Tua and Stidham are unknown.

There are literally people here scoffing at where Tua is ranked because he hasn’t taken any NFL snaps and hasn’t accomplished anything yet. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

the way I see it, Darnold and Allen are pretty close (slight edge to Allen).   But in no way should whoever the Dolphins or Patriots trot out there be ranked higher.

Are you serious darnold could not beat our back ups and had total break downs last year  where he said I suck so bad and I see ghost out there.  If Allen did that the fans here would never let him forget it.

3 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Are you serious darnold could not beat our back ups and had total break downs last year  where he said I suck so bad and I see ghost out there.  If Allen did that the fans here would never let him forget it.

Allen plays on a better team and has a better coach. Both QB's have been up and down. Allen has been the more successful QB mostly because of the team he plays on.

22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

There are literally people here scoffing at where Tua is ranked because he hasn’t taken any NFL snaps and hasn’t accomplished anything yet. 

Of course they are. But you are saying that's the same as saying that anyone who has ever taken snaps in the NFL is automatically better than him. Nobody is saying that.

Tua shouldn't be ranked ahead of Darnold and Allen, in my opinion. If you don't agree and want to rank a rookie higher, fine. But it doesn't make everyone dumb for wanting to see a rookie play in the NFL before ranking him above two other divisional starters.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, McGahee said:

They kind of went to the playoffs DESPITE Allen.

Seriously?  He had an NFL leading 5 game winning drives last year. (tied with Watson and Wilson) I am sure the detractors will claim that we shouldn't have been behind in the first place, but reality is we won several games because of him last season, not in spite of... I respectfully disagree with your take.

35 minutes ago, MJS said:

Of course they are. But you are saying that's the same as saying that anyone who has ever taken snaps in the NFL is automatically better than him. Nobody is saying that.

Tua shouldn't be ranked ahead of Darnold and Allen, in my opinion. If you don't agree and want to rank a rookie higher, fine. But it doesn't make everyone dumb for wanting to see a rookie play in the NFL before ranking him above two other divisional starters.

Do you think anyone would have a problem with his rankings if Allen was 1st and Tua was 2nd? Probably not. Nobody seems to have an issue that Tua is ranked ahead of Stidham. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well that settles it cut Allen and let him go somewhere where the fans and radio hosts actually want him say Dallas if they get tired of Daks contract antics and go ask Miami for say a 6th rounder for Josh Rosen...since over half this board thought at the time the Bills drafted the wrong Josh 

• Awesome! (+1) 1