Dan Orlovsky just did AFCE QB rankings on ESPN. Had Allen at #3!

I know these rankings don't mean anything at all, but until the season starts, we have nothing better to talk about.  This is ridiculous. He ranked Darnold number 1, Tua at #2! then Allen and then Stidham.  How the hell can you rank Tua higher than Allen after everything he accomplished so far?   I am fine with him favoring Darnold right now, even though I disagree, but come on! Tua?

We are getting a lot of love right now from the media, so this isn't a media bashing thread, just a statement at how bad Orlovsky's take is.  He seems to have an agenda against Josh Allen, which he continues to attribute to "inaccuracy".

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Orlovsky has always supported Allen.

This,

DO is speculating via current stats and over the entire projected upcoming season, and is considering these QBs overall performances, to include college, which frankly doesn’t mean much once one gets into the pros.  If one goes strictly by pro success Allen is batting 500 in seasons making the playoffs, which can not be said of any of the other QBs in the AFCE.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I know these rankings don't mean anything at all, but until the season starts, we have nothing better to talk about.  This is ridiculous. He ranked Darnold number 1, Tua at #2! then Allen and then Stidham.  How the hell can you rank Tua higher than Allen after everything he accomplished so far?   I am fine with him favoring Darnold right now, even though I disagree, but come on! Tua?

We are getting a lot of love right now from the media, so this isn't a media bashing thread, just a statement at how bad Orlovsky's take is.  He seems to have an agenda against Josh Allen, which he continues to attribute to "inaccuracy".

Tua is sure to be a terror to the AFCE sitting on IR.  That dude takes 1 hit from an NFL DE and his hip will snap like a dry twig.  I say that as a huge Alabama fan too.   Maybe Orlovsky thinks that Tua is so talented that even from the bench he'll make Miami better.  It's an aspirational take, but probably not going to survive contact with reality

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

This isn’t a media bashing thread but if they don’t love Allen, they have an “agenda.”

Hmmmm

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DCOrange said:

I don't think this is egregious at all. I personally would rank Allen higher than that, but saying Darnold and Tua are better than Allen is reasonable IMO.

How can a QB who's never taken a snap in the NFL be better than Allen or Darnold?

• Like (+1) 14

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This isn’t a media bashing thread but if they don’t love Allen, they have an “agenda.”

Hmmmm

I didn't say it wasn't a Dan Orlovsky bashing thread... My point is I am not complaining that the Bills aren't getting enough love and attention in general, I am disagreeing with this one particular take.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

How can a QB who's never taken a snap in the NFL be better than Allen or Darnold?

Thank you. That is my point. Not to mention, that QB is coming off of a pretty major injury and probably won't be 100% this season. I just thought it was strange that he put him ahead of Allen, considering Fitzpatrick is likely the starter for game 1.

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

Thank you. That is my point. Not to mention, that QB is coming off of a pretty major injury and probably won't be 100% this season. I just thought it was strange that he put him ahead of Allen, considering Fitzpatrick is likely the starter for game 1.

Click bait.  That simple.

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't really see how that's a question. Orlovsky obviously thinks Tua will translate right away. It's silly to think it's impossible for a rookie to come in and be an average QB right away and that's obviously how Orlovsky is projecting him to be. I personally had a higher draft grade on Tua (ignoring the potential injury risks that I have no idea about) than Darnold or Allen and it's not like either of them have lit the league on fire so far. It's entirely possible Tua is better on Day 1 (assuming he's even healthy...I still personally expect Fitz to start) than Darnold and Allen currently are.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't really see how that's a question. Orlovsky obviously thinks Tua will translate right away. It's silly to think it's impossible for a rookie to come in and be an average QB right away and that's obviously how Orlovsky is projecting him to be. I personally had a higher draft grade on Tua (ignoring the potential injury risks that I have no idea about) than Darnold or Allen and it's not like either of them have lit the league on fire so far. It's entirely possible Tua is better on Day 1 (assuming he's even healthy...I still personally expect Fitz to start) than Darnold and Allen currently are.

How is it silly to think that it's impossible for a rookie to come in and be an average QB right away when it's happened less than 5 times in the past 50 years?

• Like (+1) 3

Well I disagree with DO. If I had to pick my starter from amongst the four I would go with Allen followed by SD. JMO but I think Allen is actually a clear cut above the competition and my expectation is that he will put that debate to rest once and for all this year. All things considered I'm entirely satisfied with his development so far and I think he is being brought along properly by the Bills. I see good progression from his rookie to sophomore years and we will see more and better IMO this year. Basically he is capable of doing everything you could possibly want your QB to do and at the highest level. When his rookie deal is done he will break the bank.

• Like (+1) 1