Still Taking a Vacation this Summer?

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

From what several Beer Store employees have told me (at various stores) only Americans visiting, and a few real old timer Canadians, drink the stuff. I believe Bud products are now the biggest sellers in Canada, or so I've heard. So sad.

While I was spending a month in hospital a couple years ago, one of the nurses said she had recently put herself through nursing school by working at the Buffalo Canoe Club's Bay Beach clubhouse waitressing.  'Molson Stock' was all patrons apparently wanted to know when it came to their beer / ale order.  Labatt 50 ale seems to be the counterpart for the Labatt brand's aged demographic, but they don't ding you premium price for one.  Then again, there's only one thing worse than a '50'.  A warm '50'.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/16/2020 at 9:12 PM, Guffalo said:

This pretty much cancels our annual trip to the family cottage in Ridgeway ON. Will be the first time in 38 years I didn't spend at least one week up there.  We are now looking anywhere from Maine to virginia along the coast, but also looking at lake areas like the finger lakes and Winnepesakee in NH as a possible place for a week. We are open to any ideas.

I live in NH. Everyone goes to Winnipesaukee but there are other really nice lakes that are less known. Sunapee is so clean you can drink it. Ossipee Lake is nice. There are smaller lakes like Squam, Newfound, Spofford, Suncook, Merrymeeting or Bow Lake that are terrific as well.

On 5/27/2020 at 12:20 PM, Philly McButterpants said:

Still on for St. Lucia in September - my main concern is American Airlines going out of business ?

The resort we were originally booked for isn't reopening 'til November - we were rebooked for the same dates at a different, larger Sandlas.  We did lose out on the private pool ?though.  

On 6/17/2020 at 6:56 PM, plenzmd1 said:

we had a euro trip planned with another family, looks like that is cooked. Wife started looking at OBX and other beach places...appears everyone else who had a euro trip planned is now also going to the beach. Found some nice houses...for $16K a week!

How about $30K for this?

https://www.brindleybeach.com/vacation-rentals/grande-ritz-Carolina-EP204/

I am booked for Charleston and Hilton Head at the end of July.  Never been.  Any locals have recommendations of less touristy things worth doing in the SC Coastal area?  I guess I'll need to rent a car for a few days which leaves anything between Savannah and Charleston in play.

Still plan to do a lot of camping - NY, Vermont, and Michigan (July, August, & September) but had to cancel a southeast trip to Arizona and Utah we were supposed to go on the first week of June.

My neighbors are going to Florida tomorrow for a week. I hope I don't see them until the fall. 

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I am booked for Charleston and Hilton Head at the end of July.  Never been.  Any locals have recommendations of less touristy things worth doing in the SC Coastal area?  I guess I'll need to rent a car for a few days which leaves anything between Savannah and Charleston in play.

Stand in the streets of Charleston while it's raining. It'll be up to your knees in 20 minutes. Maybe that is touristy?