What if it takes highest paid player in the NFL to resign Allen?

Hypothetical.... In a couple years the Bills are in the Cowboys shoes and have a choice of making Josh Allen the highest paid player in the league or letting him walk?  What would you do?

Is Dak even a top 15 QB in the league?  Sure sounds like the Cowboys are going to give him a butt ton of money.  Would you give the same to JA?

How about we just let him play out his pivotal third year with an improved offence against a stronger schedule of opponents and then evaluate his performance before hyperventilating over what we might do in year 4 or 5.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 7

I'd let him walk.  Both Dak and where Allen is at now.  It's not even a question. Grab a first or second round prospect after Allen's 4th and sign his option.  In today's NFL you might even be able to trade him. QB on a rookie deal is a beautiful thing, even a mediocre one.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

I'd let him walk.  Both Dak and where Allen is at now.  It's not even a question. Grab a first or second round prospect after Allen's 4th and sign his option.  In today's NFL you might even be able to trade him. QB on a rookie deal is a beautiful thing, even a mediocre one.

There is definately a reason why fans dont make the decisions for NFL Sports franchises......

At his current level of play? No. If he cracks the top 10 of QB play then you overpay to keep him because it would be very difficult to replace him. 

Most indications are that Josh is improving in most aspects of the game.  He still has a long way to go to be a top 10 guy.

With the supporting cast and defense, if he keeps the turnovers down this team should win 10 games and the division even with the schedule they have. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There is definately a reason why fans dont make the decisions for NFL Sports franchises......

So you would sign Allen as the highest paid QB without him improving from where he is currently at?

You think the Cowboys are winning Champtionships with Dak?

Just now, Steve Billieve said:

So you would sign Allen as the highest paid QB without him improving from where he is currently at?

No....and if that is what you are saying then I misread your post.

If him improves into a player worthy of the big contract....you pay him.

(I personally think giving him legit weapons is going to cause this to all fall into line)

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Why are people scared to pay a player if they get really good?  Baffles me 

Define really good?  There are consequences to tying up that much cap space in a QB.  So it is a bit more complicated than you are making it out to be.  In a perfect world if he was the 10th best QB he would be paid as the 10th best QB. But that is not how it works.  Guys get overpaid just because it is their time to get a new contract or teams are desperate - see Vikings.   

• Like (+1) 1