great line in a song- your up

Pete

I aint too young to admit it, and I ain't too old to lie.

I aint too young to worry, I aint too old to cry.

I'm gonna ride on, ride on, ride on.

AC/DC - Ride On

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

On 6/2/2020 at 9:12 PM, Rico said:

I never considered it until I read it on another board this week. There’s supposedly a Macca interview where he claimed credit for that line & said that’s what it’s about, but no one could link to it. If so, I think Macca is full of sh-t as usual, especially about taking credit, but I do love that line now, could mean so many things.

Years ago I worked with a college girl whose professor asked for their interpretation of Norwegian Wood and another Beatles song(which I’m trying to remember).  That when I realized what a dark song it is

On 6/2/2020 at 6:50 PM, Pete said:

Yes he did.  He got too drunk, couldn’t deliver, rejected, kicked to coach, humiliated...”so I lit a fire, isn’t it good Norwegian wood?”

I never saw it as having "BeerDick." ? What kind of sicko are you?  ?  Who the hell gets that?  That's  a purely fictitious  concept in my world.  ? 

He could  "deliver."  Wanted to...  But she led him on, then kicked him to bath and when he awoke, she was gone so he burned  the place  down. 

Simple.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

12 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I never saw it as having "BeerDick." ? What kind of sicko are you?  ?  Who the hell gets that?  That's  a purely fictitious  concept in my world.  ? 

He could  "deliver."  Wanted to...  But she led him on, then kicked him to bath and when he awoke, she was gone so he burned  the place  down. 

Simple.

Although Lennon wrote most of the song, McCartney took credit for the idea of burning the place down:

"So she makes him sleep in the bath and then finally in the last verse I had this idea to set the Norwegian wood on fire as revenge, so we did it very tongue in cheek. She led him on, then said, ‘You’d better sleep in the bath’. In our world the guy had to have some sort of revenge. It could have meant I lit a fire to keep myself warm, and wasn’t the decor of her house wonderful? But it didn’t, it meant I burned the ***** place down as an act of revenge, and then we left it there and went into the instrumental."

Paul McCartney
Many Years From Now, Barry Miles

https://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/norwegian-wood-this-bird-has-flown/