ESPN Football Power Index 2020 Season Simulation

Great! We’re a top ten team, we are crushing the off season... ???

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh I think that they could regress but I’m not sure that they can win less than 10 games no matter what. They could take a step back, and a fairly significant one and be an 11 or 12 win team. The AFC South and the NFC East isn’t exactly murder’s row. Add the Pats to that and their path is pretty clear. I think that their division is better but even if they go 4-2 there and lose to the Chiefs there aren’t a lot more losses floating out there.

Yep, for me it all comes down to how Lamar progresses. If he can’t sit back and pick teams apart, the Ravens will look a lot like they did against Tenn. Tenn has a solid D but figured out the scheme to keep Lamar confused. I think the AFC south has some tough defenses for Lamar to go against. The NFC East has similar physical defenses. 

12 hours ago, DCOrange said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29196114/2020-nfl-season-projections-chances-make-super-bowl-win-division-land-top-draft-spot-more

Top 10:

1. Kansas City
  2. Baltimore
  3. San Francisco
  4. New Orleans
  5. Dallas
  6. Philadelphia
  7. Seattle
  8. Tampa Bay
  9. New England
  10. Buffalo

Buffalo edges New England out as the favorites in the AFC East (41.0% chance versus a 40.9% chance for New England) due to an easier schedule.

We are way too low at 10.  I put us ahead of the Pats Tampa Philly Dallas for sure.  And we are right there with the Seahawks.  I am putting us 5th behind KC Baltimore SF and NO.  And we will give those teams all they can handle.  The league will figure out Lamar Jackson and make him throw a whole lot more.  The Bills stuffed the Ravens offense pretty well.  Teams will follow that blueprint.  They will be good, but not as good as this past season.  We will be very good.  The team should have the mindset that we are going to win the division and be playing in the Super Bowl next February.  No more of this crap offense we have had for what seems like forever.  Everyone is exited about Josh Allen.  Well we haven't scored much since he took over.  This is the year!!  Time we show some swag.  Let the NFL know we have arrived.  Josh Norman will give us a little edge too.  It is going to be exciting.  Nothing less than 11-5 will do.  

21 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I'm not sold on the Cowgirls at five.  Their secondary will need to play much better for them to have a good season.  The O-line isn't the dominating force that it used to be.  Losing their center will negatively impact the group's performance.  I'm not even sure that they are better than Philly in what is a weak division. 

People shouldn't disregard the Steelers.  They have a good defense and are getting their QB back from injury.  Love him or hate him, Big Ben is the grease that makes that offense roll.  New England is probably on the list because of their past performance and people don't know what to expect.  They lost more than Brady and I expect them to struggle more on defense than they have in the past.

Dak struggles under the weight of his contract and expectations. 

On 5/26/2020 at 11:25 AM, GunnerBill said:

Other than New England I make that top 10 about right. In the AFC I would be shocked if it isn't one if Baltimore, KC or Buffalo in the Superbowl. We are the third most likely of that trio but I just can't see anyone else I even give a shot to. The NFC is deeper but more jumbled at the top.

I'm very comfortable being the #3 team. That means one upset or QB injury and we're in the championship game, where anything can happen.

• Like (+1) 2

There are some wonky things to me about the projections here. I think New England is way too high but outside of that the top ten is okay. I also think that Green Bay, Minnesota and Houston are a better set of teams than the Rams. 

Houston in particular at 24 is absurdly low for a team that's as well-coached as they are and for a team that's going to get superstar play out of Watson. 

• Like (+1) 1

We kicked the ever living ***** out of Dallas on their own turf, our young core will be a year older and we added Diggs....and the Cowboys are rated way better?

LMAO

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, Beast said:

We kicked the ever living ***** out of Dallas on their own turf, our young core will be a year older and we added Diggs....and the Cowboys are rated way better?

LMAO

They have them as less than a win better. I don't think the gap is very large at all.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:24 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

So why is Buff 10 and NE*** 9? 

It's the unwritten law of American Media.  If you say something nice about the Bills you HAVE to rank the Pats immediately above them.

Think it has something to do with the deflategate settlement.