State of Madden Petition

Scorp83

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

They've added the ability to upload and download rosters, draft classes, slider settings, etc. You won't get an official roster from EA for the 2020-21 season in Madden 20, but I guarantee someone will take the ratings in Madden 21 and upload them into a Madden 20 roster for people to download.

2 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

100% accurate. I bet you can download a roster now that has all the draft picks and FA signings updated. You just won't have the current schedule or updated uniforms. 

Good luck OP but imo EA isn't going anywhere. An online petition means nothing to them or the NFL. People aren't going to stop buying the game until another one comes along that is better and that probably won't happen unless they can use the real players and logos. 

You can already download next year's draft class in a Madden franchise

I have and while it's not perfect, it is nice to see all the rooks and such

And I honestly don't think gameplay is that bad, I've been playing for over 20 years and once you get the hang of each version I think it plays real well for the most part

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, I'm 100% sure you can download a roster now like you're mentioning. I hate what EA has done to pretty much all of their games in recent years, but allowing people to upload/download stuff was a huge breakthrough. I haven't messed around with it in Madden nearly as much as I have in NBA 2K, but if the roster/draft class creation in Madden gets to where it is in 2K, it'll be an absolute game-changer. Being able to download a 1990 roster to play a franchise with Kelly, Thurman, etc., downloading a 1991, 92, 93, etc. draft class to basically recreate history...it'll be awesome if it takes off (and it may have already, I don't know) in Madden the way it has in 2K.

What you can download depends on what others have created. Some are good but some are ridiculously bad.

Someone usually recreates the tecmo super bowl rosters each year which is the 1990 season so I've played that. I never checked to see if someone created the 1991 draft. That would be interesting. 

You can customize gameplay and player ability in so many ways now so I'd think anyone can get the experience they're looking for. You have to mess with the sliders until you find your sweet spot. If you leave those at default settings the game is unplayable. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can already download next year's draft class in a Madden franchise

I have and while it's not perfect, it is nice to see all the rooks and such

And I honestly don't think gameplay is that bad, I've been playing for over 20 years and once you get the hang of each version I think it plays real well for the most part

I wasn't trying to say I thought gameplay was bad, I'm 20 year vet myself lol. 

My thought on EA is that they will pay the NFL more to be exclusive than any upstart can pay to use players/teams. Without the ability to use those, a new game will never dent Madden. Doesnt matter how good the game play is. A game with better graphics and gameplay than madden but using XFL or Arena will not sell even close to Madden. That's the experience for I would assume a lot of people. I play with the Bills only. For years it was the only way for me to see them win. 

8 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

What you can download depends on what others have created. Some are good but some are ridiculously bad.

Someone usually recreates the tecmo super bowl rosters each year which is the 1990 season so I've played that. I never checked to see if someone created the 1991 draft. That would be interesting. 

You can customize gameplay and player ability in so many ways now so I'd think anyone can get the experience they're looking for. You have to mess with the sliders until you find your sweet spot. If you leave those at default settings the game is unplayable. 

The gameplay itself is pretty solid with the right sliders as long as you're not trying to exploit everything. It's pretty difficult to get certain players to play like themselves though (offline) and if you want to take it online you're obviously relying on finding the right community of people to play against. I really enjoyed the online league I used to play in. I wish EA would create a deeper franchise mode to improve the immersion though. They've taken so many features out of the game over the years to make the mode more accessible/simpler for everyone while sacrificing the options and little things that make it a worthwhile experience for me personally. It's frustrating as a consumer to see that EA basically sacrificed the deep franchise mode to create one simpler mode while 2K for example makes theirs accessible/simple but also includes options to give you the deeper experience that people like me are looking for.

But having said that, I can recognize that the on-field product has gotten better in particular the last two years for Madden. It's still behind the old 2K football games in a handful of areas, but it at least feels like a significant upgrade over earlier PS4 Madden games now.

1 minute ago, Maybe Someday said:

My thought on EA is that they will pay the NFL more to be exclusive than any upstart can pay to use players/teams. Without the ability to use those, a new game will never dent Madden. Doesnt matter how good the game play is. A game with better graphics and gameplay than madden but using XFL or Arena will not sell even close to Madden. That's the experience for I would assume a lot of people. I play with the Bills only. For years it was the only way for me to see them win. 

Yeah, I agree with all that. I am kinda curious what the sales are for a game like Super Mega Baseball for example though. It's been successful enough that they've continued publishing new versions of the game; it makes me wonder if a company like 2K could publish a generic football game with all the customization options you could ever want and sell well enough to be profitable. I know I would personally buy it in a heartbeat. Seems like 2K is most likely headed towards creating an NFL Playgrounds game though which probably won't interest me.

3 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

Yeah I'm one of those people when I play online versus, I exclusively use the bills

And I wasn't signaling you out about the bad gameplay, just two people complaining about it

I got so good back in the day using the bad bills that it made me an expert Madden player lol when I had a little time back in the day I've been ranked top 100-200 at stints  in online versus because I just didn't lose lol

Interesting video where a guy shows some madden videos of problems with the game.....animations to make the game 'look' good cause players to do the wrong thing....players with very low run block and strength ratings being able to seal off the edge against much higher rated defender with ease.....the offensive line almost always pushing the D-line 2 yards down the field on 'dive' plays...etc.

Im really dying for a realistic NFL Franchise simulation/sandbox game on the PC and mobile device.  I have been playing OOTP Baseball and it is amazing.  You dont "play" at all, but you can manage if you want.  

I actually found it as I was digging around for an NFL product.  They dont exist, and I guess it is from the Madden agreement.  That is a shame.  

21 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Im really dying for a realistic NFL Franchise simulation/sandbox game on the PC and mobile device.  I have been playing OOTP Baseball and it is amazing.  You dont "play" at all, but you can manage if you want.  

I actually found it as I was digging around for an NFL product.  They dont exist, and I guess it is from the Madden agreement.  That is a shame.  

Have you ever looked into Front office Football 8?

Its probably the closest thing to a football version of OOTP.

On 5/27/2020 at 9:05 PM, The Dean said:

People are petitioning to make Madden the 51st State?

Sorry, I only read the topic title.

Apparently there's some debate about Madden's representation in Congress.

The worst part about the exclusivity contract was the effect it had on baseball. MVP 05 was the greatest baseball game ever made. Top ten sports games for sure. But after EA signed this with the NFL, 2k sports signed one with MLB. MVP made a few more games with college teams, but they didn't sell, so they stopped making it. RBI Baseball is garbage. The show sucked for a while, but has finally gotten pretty good, but not MVP levels. 

Madden barely changes lately. I usually just buy the version that's a year or two old. Same game with outdated rosters for like $10 or less.

On 5/27/2020 at 11:05 PM, The Dean said:

People are petitioning to make Madden the 51st State?

Sorry, I only read the topic title.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:44 PM, KD in CA said:

Apparently there's some debate about Madden's representation in Congress.

Didn't you idiots learn anything in middle school science class? The state of Madden. Water, Liquid, Madden, and Gas.

• Haha (+1) 1