Happy 79 Bob Dylan... yeah I know his real name.

T&C

A reluctant icon. 

Dylan had such a huge effect on the world and yet many of the people who claim to loved him, what he stood for and the need for peace today 50 yrs later show no understanding.

Could not sing, could hardly play, but could be heard and understood.

If you like the Band...watch Once Were Brothers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

A reluctant icon. 

Dylan had such a huge effect on the world and yet many of the people who claim to loved him, what he stood for and the need for peace today 50 yrs later show no understanding.

Could not sing, could hardly play, but could be heard and understood.

If you like the Band...watch Once Were Brothers. 

I don't agree with all of this... he was for sure a good harmonica player and decent when he played guitar. Love the guy other than his first album all the way to the Blood on the Tracks/Desire albums... I kind of left it at that. Nashville Skyline is to me the Byrds Sweetheart of the Rodeo version of his, only with studio musicians. 

Have never seen Once Were Brothers... I'll look it up on youtube if its there.

Kinda overrated for this 38 year old music lover. Change my mind. I see him as more of a poet than a musician (obviously talented though there too). I think hes kind of a product of his time. I like a few tunes of his though like tangled up in blue and just like a woman.

Edited by Bferra13

One of these days and it won't be long
Going down the valley gonna sing my song
Gonna sing it loud and sing it strong
Let the echo decide if I was right or wrong

Silvio silver and gold
Won't buy back the beat of a heart grown cold
Silvio I gotta go
Find out something only dead men know

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

I find Dylan to be generally not That Good. 

Except for Blood on the Tracks. Great album. 

I dunno, Blood on the Tracks and Desire seem like the same album to me... both excellent.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree a bit w/ the posters saying overrated.  But it's hard to overstate his influence.  He inspired a lot of artists to go well beyond "moon in June" type of lyrics, and he brought a real attitude & honesty to the music world at that time. 

And I do love some of the early stuff.  "Freewheelin'" is a great record.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

"I'm first among equals

Second to none

The last of the best

You can bury the rest"

Bob Dylan, False Prophet  :worthy:

Sorry, Mick. Sorry, Macca. :(

What an album! :thumbsup:

I have listened to it five times today!

On 5/25/2020 at 4:51 PM, T&C said:

I dunno, Blood on the Tracks and Desire seem like the same album to me... both excellent.

Probably my two favorite Dylan albums...but "Desire" is distinctly different from "Blood On the Tracks", to my ears. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I agree a bit w/ the posters saying overrated.  But it's hard to overstate his influence.  He inspired a lot of artists to go well beyond "moon in June" type of lyrics, and he brought a real attitude & honesty to the music world at that time. 

And I do love some of the early stuff.  "Freewheelin'" is a great record.

When someone says Dylan is "overrated", I just nod politely, realizing they don't know what they are talking about.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I'm on #4 , but I did play False Prophet and Black Rider a lot more on repeat in the car. Key West is playing right now,  another great one, love the whole thing.

I know I blasted Bob's last big release. But I should have considered the guy's age.

Anyway, he's clearly one of the all time greats.

Happy Birthday.

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I know I blasted Bob's last big release. But I should have considered the guy's age.

Anyway, he's clearly one of the all time greats.

Happy Birthday.

St. Augustine Beach is close to Key West, isn't it? Last song on the album if you don't count MMF, just epic, I wish I was in Key West right now.

20 minutes ago, Rico said:

St. Augustine Beach is close to Key West, isn't it? Last song on the album if you don't count MMF, just epic, I wish I was in Key West right now.

Believe it or not, I've NEVER been to the southern keys, let alone Key West. Back when I was in grad school and bartending at the Youngstown Yacht Club, a bar owner from Key West offered me a job two years in a row. (I know, drunk bar owners offer jobs all the time and then don't come through.) But like I said, i was in school and so couldn't test the offer. I hope to get down there shortly after things get to a point where I feel safe traveling.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Probably my two favorite Dylan albums...but "Desire" is distinctly different from "Blood On the Tracks", to my ears. 

Yeah, night and day to me.

Only played Homegrown once, I really liked it but they picked a bad day to release it lol.