A fun look back at a game winning drive from the 2014 season

On 5/24/2020 at 5:42 PM, first_and_ten said:

The Kyle Orton era was one I would rather forget, no thanks.

On 5/24/2020 at 7:22 PM, Rubes said:

Fun to rewatch, but ugh...Orton and EJ Manuel. My God, what a wasteland we were stuck in.

On 5/24/2020 at 7:53 PM, Steptide said:

He's never been worth what the bills paid to get him. Yes, he had a good run in the playoffs and superbowl last year, but giving up 2 first round picks for a guy who's been on 3 teams and only played very average up until the playoffs of last season is pretty pathetic 

Jesus H! It never ceases to amaze how poorly Bills fans are at math. We gave up 1 (One!) 1st round pick. We used the other One to select him.

I was at the previous game in Houston, watching Orton just sit there on the bench by himself the whole game while Manuel destroyed any chance he may have had playing in the pros. Next week, Orton is starting @ Detroit and delivers yet another last second, come from behind win -albeit with the help of a 52 yard fg. He played better than any other Bills qb during the drought except for Bledsoe’s 1st year. I was bummed when he up & quit right after the final game, but had no issue with Marrone doing so soon after.

Thanks for posting that was a good watch i saw so many players names that i was excited to see come to B/lo and was hoping they would be some of the pieces that would help turn them around the coach wasn't all that and a bag of chips but it's all good now ...

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 2

On 5/24/2020 at 9:33 PM, scuba guy said:

We still always packed the stadium even though all the drought years

In winter maybe not

With all the sun... It looks like its 80°... Then  you see the winter hats  and  coats and realize that  it's  only the third week of October in Upstate New York.

@Gugny

@BringBackFergy

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2018/04/10/11-maps-upstate-new-york-make-you-mad/502540002/

UpstateDownstateNY.thumb.jpeg.da3d8e49fb9c7dcb7f78736e40f3f1ff.jpeg

LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Sad 1

On 5/26/2020 at 3:54 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Jesus H! It never ceases to amaze how poorly Bills fans are at math. We gave up 1 (One!) 1st round pick. We used the other One to select him.

I was at the previous game in Houston, watching Orton just sit there on the bench by himself the whole game while Manuel destroyed any chance he may have had playing in the pros. Next week, Orton is starting @ Detroit and delivers yet another last second, come from behind win -albeit with the help of a 52 yard fg. He played better than any other Bills qb during the drought except for Bledsoe’s 1st year. I was bummed when he up & quit right after the final game, but had no issue with Marrone doing so soon after.

I said I wanted to forget that ERA. My ability at math is fine. I have always maintained that the Bills gave up one first.

Bills fans should have a better ability to differentiate between "QB was really good" and "QB was really fun

Not all good QBs are fun, not all fun QBs are good. Ideally you want a mix of both and that's when you have a superstar. 

Orton was not very good. He was extraordinarily fun

On 5/26/2020 at 7:56 AM, GunnerBill said:

Oh I remember it. One of my favourite Bills games. Was action packed throughout.

2014 team was actually pretty exciting. Won some low scoring close ones without that air of despondence. Our defense played an exciting brand of football. 

My favorite game of that year was the Aaron Rodgers beat down. We had arrived after that one.

On 5/26/2020 at 3:54 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Add those picks together and what number do you get?

If we only gave up 1 1st round pick for Sammy, did we give up zero for Shaq Lawson? How many did we trade for Diggs?

Bad at math indeed.

Edited by FireChans

On 5/24/2020 at 10:33 PM, scuba guy said:

We still always packed the stadium even though all the drought years

In winter maybe not

And in 2020 we will have our best team since 1994 and nobody will be allowed to go to games 

On 5/30/2020 at 10:25 PM, Charles Romes said:

To be fair, Marrone and Hackett got an awful lot out of a disinterested Orton pulling I’m off the couch a week before week 1, and Whaley gave them almost nothing to work with at QB. 

Yeah, some are talking like Orton was a respectable option at QB. Orton was checked out, and just cashing a paycheck that season.