Tiger and Peyton vs Phil and Brady -- The match that nobody asked for but hey, it's the only sports during a pandemic, how can I still be typing in the "title" field? This is nuts.

Logic

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

Holy Cow....Brady holes out from about 140 for a birdie....on a par 5...

Confiscate the ball, check for internal GPS and manoeuvrability enhancements.  Bill B said "well, there's nothing in the rule book that says we can't use them!"

• Haha (+1) 1

WOW! Russell Wilson offers 100k meals for each shot on a par 3 inside 12 feet. Brady goes first and nails it. Then 3 of 4 to make it for 300k meals. Only Tiger misses, who’da thunk he’d be outside of Peyton and Brady on the same hole? 

AND...Barkley is right. If it looks that dark on TV, it FAR darker in person. I lived on a course that was almost too dark to see, then went inside to watch on TV because it was so much easier to see. 

Edited by Augie

4 hours ago, Augie said:

WOW! Russell Wilson offers 100k meals for each shot on a par 3 inside 12 feet. Brady goes first and nails it. Then 3 of 4 to make it for 300k meals. Only Tiger misses, who’da thunk he’d be outside of Peyton and Brady on the same hole? 

It won't get the same highlight treatment as Brady holing out from 150, but Manning had the clutch shot of the day sticking his tee shot to 2' on 16 after both Brady and Phil were in tight.   The match was going to be tied if he doesn't pull that one out.   His swing is ugly, but he made a bunch of big shots.

I was surprised Brady isn't a better golfer, but in his defense (and as he said) he's still actually playing football.

Tiger was automatic all day.  If he doesn't lip out twice, the match is over on the front 9.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

It won't get the same highlight treatment as Brady holing out from 150, but Manning had the clutch shot of the day sticking his tee shot to 2' on 16 after both Brady and Phil were in tight.   The match was going to be tied if he doesn't pull that one out.   His swing is ugly, but he made a bunch of big shots.

I was surprised Brady isn't a better golfer, but in his defense (and as he said) he's still actually playing football.

Tiger was automatic all day.  If he doesn't lip out twice, the match is over on the front 9.

Peyton was also clutch with his approach on 18.  The production was a little awkward at times (and I was on a family Zoom call from 6-8 so was only watching with no audio) but it was still fun.  Laughed my ass off at Brady (who is supposedly an eight) playing like a 20 but his hole out was impressive, as well as the eagle putt on the back 9.

You can tell Phil absolutely loves to gamble and talk schitt.

Nice to also see Justin Thomas’ personality come out as an on-course analyst, and Barkley always cracks me up.