Football in a pandemic era. It’s been done before..

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

We’ve taken science denial into a whole new realm when we not only deny it, but we also know more than the experts in any field of study or discipline. Acquiring knowledge and refined expertise to levels that used to require years to obtain can now be had in hours simply by watching a YouTube video or listening to our preferred news sources. Voila! Just like that. 

Why is it that when scientists come on and make horrible predictions they should be taken as the gospel but when a scientist or doctor states any hope of optimism he is quickly dismissed by people like you?  

4 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Why is it that when scientists come on and make horrible predictions they should be taken as the gospel but when a scientist or doctor states any hope of optimism he is quickly dismissed by people like you?  

People like me? That’s rich. But by all means, show me where I’ve dismissed any optimism by a scientist or doctor in this or any other thread. I’ll wait. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

People like me? That’s rich. But by all means, show me where I’ve dismissed any optimism by a scientist or doctor in this or any other thread. I’ll wait. 

I should of left "people like me" out of my post.  It was an incorrect generalization and I apologize.

Edited by Gordio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, MJS said:

A lot of the antibody testing data is pretty remarkable. COVID-19 could be the most infectious disease of all time, potentially spreading without 90% of people even showing symptoms.

I also find it really interesting that children are so unaffected. I know a few have gotten it, but by and large they don't. And a there is a lot of evidence that suggests that there are virtually no cases of a child transmitting the disease to an adult. Makes me wonder what it is about children that gives them such an immunity. I wonder if is a vaccine most get as a baby or toddler, but worldwide many children don't get vaccines, so that's probably not it.

The new cases of the multi-system inflammatory disease in some children (thought to be COVID related) is concerning.

41 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I have two friends that are doctors and my wife's cousin is a nurse, they all work in hospitals.  They have all told me the exact same thing.  & to get it changed the family needs to do an otopsy & lets face it, no family in their right mind is going to do that.

Tks other posters are saying in am full of crap but saw myself 3 times last week

23 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Since Florida, and Georgia are playing with the numbers,  the death rate is likely higher.

The truth will ring itself out, in spite of science deniers, and the politically motivated...

No one has anything to gain by falsely extending a pandemic.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sethcohen/2020/05/22/are-the-test-numbers-right-georgia-florida-and-the-deadly-trend-of-science-suppression/#47760bad6009

There is no fear. Only facts.

So, numbers are being misrepresent/incorrectly reported and you have the balls to use the word "facts"

The only facts are that numbers have not been consistent at all. They have either been underestimated or over inflated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/611935/

But again, why are we shooting for the "numbers are likely higher" instead of looking at the possibility the numbers might actually be lower... once they stop with the people dying WITH the virus oppose to FROM the virus.

Again, why is every other major cause of death declining? Why are officials openly admitting that covid deaths will be counted weather or not it was the true cause of death?

Moreover, the mortality rate as of present day is 99%, if you want to tell me thats subject to scrutiny too, that's why, but by how much? Is it more like 98%... 97%??

Thats like telling me you would rather swim than drive over the George Washington Bridge because its only 98% safe.

Your fear doesn't give you some sort of moral supremacy.

Edited by BillsFan17

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I do not fear this pandemic. You are projecting, Junior.

You have some sort of axe to grind, because you obviously buy into conspiracies.

I'll stick with the experts.

If our medical infrastructure collapses, due to an unfortunate 'second wave', I'm sure that you will find a conspiracy for that as well.

Which medical experts? I'd love to know which ones have been consistent. There is no conspiracy theories, I literally sent you the literature on it. Not some half cooked conspiracy, actual real information.

So while you seem to think I'm projecting, you seem to be deflecting to a state of ignorance.

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You are projecting yet, again, "Junior".

And you are still deflecting? You made a claim with no factual information, claimed it as fact, when faced with opposition you immediately go to "projecting."

Instead of having anything of substance to refute the fact the numbers have had to be adjusted a handful of times. The CDC them selves have admitted to such.

Doctors/scientist have changed their position on this virus from month to month. These things are all documented and easily available, so where is the conspiracy? There is none, especially when the claims being made are just me reiterating what these entities them selves have admitted.

Edited by BillsFan17

On 5/24/2020 at 2:02 PM, MJS said:

The "Hong Kong Flu" pandemic in 1968 killed 100,000 people in the US.

In 1957 the "Asian Flu" killed 116,000 people in the US.

Both significantly more than COVID-19 (so far) when you account for population growth.

On 5/24/2020 at 2:54 PM, Johnnycage46 said:

Both of those pandemics had a global death rate below 1%.  Whereas COVID-19 currently has a global death rate of ~6%.  Can't just look at the total number of deaths.  The death rate is a more significant factor.

Plus we've had 50+ years of medical advancements since then to get better at, you know, keeping people alive when they get sick.  To ignore these points shows a bit of an agenda and ignorance.

6 hours ago, Gordio said:

There is no facts keeping everybody lock down has any effect.  Especially the type of lock downs everybody is doing, which means packing the grocery stores, packing home depot, ordering takeout.  Why aren't there any outbreaks due to this?  Florida & Georgia  have opened up for nearly a month now, and their rates have gone down about 15%.   I believe WNY has now under ICU 100 hospitalizations due to COVID, which out of 1 million people is not bad at all.  I don't buy the death totals, & whoever quoted 6% as the death rate is either an idiot or just has an personal agenda to spread.  This isn't about the virus anymore, it is about government control and that is a scary thing.  It is interesting that Cuomo, who I am not a fan of, has changed his tune greatly over the last few weeks and he seems to see the light about finally opening things up.  They said WNY should be in phase 2 sometime this week as the numbers keep declining.  People are worried about a second waive which the left wing media keeps pushing, but to be honest most cities have not even seen a first wave yet.  Take away NYC/Conn/NJ area out of the mix & our countries numbers across the board are cut in half.  It is something to think about.  NBA/MLB/NHL will be sarting shortly, Paul Finebaum said late last week College Football will start on time, they can't afford not to & I also believe the NFL will start on time.  Fans, I am not sure about, I give it 70% chance football will allow fans in but who know.  So keep the faith, don't get consumed with the negative information, there are a lot of positive things happening also.  

The 6% death rate is based on current data as reported by the CDC (those agenda-driven idiots).  Turn off faux news every once in a while.

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Plus we've had 50+ years of medical advancements since then to get better at, you know, keeping people alive when they get sick.  To ignore these points shows a bit of an agenda and ignorance.

Well numbers don't have an agenda.  But MY agenda is to do my part to follow the Presidential and New York state guidelines on social distancing and masks.  I never once said anything about our ability to deal with the current pandemic. I quoted statistics from the CDC.  Please keep your ignorant agenda out of my posts.  Wear your masks and do the right thing (even if you don't want to give reporters the satisfaction of seeing you wear it).

Edited by Johnnycage46

[This is an automated response]

This topic is no longer contributing positively to the community and therefore the discussion has been closed.

Thank you.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1