Self Introduction

whats going on guys, I'm nate. I been on TBD since around 2012, lost a password to an old account and made this one at some point.  I've mostly been a lurker so not many of you know me but I wanted to say hey.

Moved to hickory NC, just outside Charlotte in January and I want to maintain my connection to the pulse of the fan base as much as I can!  Going to hopefully catch a Panthers game this year during a buff bye week. Heck maybe even a first round bye week! 

I got in a rough accident the night of the bills loss to texans this last year (not related to the game).  Was on a respirator and getting blood and several surgeries. I actually got hit by a train. Survived it, wearing my Josh Allen jersey lol I cut the nameplate off the shreds of a shirt that they cut off me.

Lost an arm, broke my other one had some crazy ass injuries and scarring but damn I survived it and I can still walk and run. Spent a lot of time in the hospital, killed alot of time on here during my stay, but it's time I woulda spent on here, hurt or not ??

Thanks for reading and for anyone that posts. Cant imagine any online community bein as cool as this one. ✌ 

-Nate

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

whats going on guys, I'm nate. I been on TBD since around 2012, lost a password to an old account and made this one at some point.  I've mostly been a lurker so not many of you know me but I wanted to say hey.

Moved to hickory NC, just outside Charlotte in January and I want to maintain my connection to the pulse of the fan base as much as I can!  Going to hopefully catch a Panthers game this year during a buff bye week. Heck maybe even a first round bye week! 

I got in a rough accident the night of the bills loss to texans this last year (not related to the game).  Was on a respirator and getting blood and several surgeries. I actually got hit by a train. Survived it, wearing my Josh Allen jersey lol I cut the nameplate off the shreds of a shirt that they cut off me.

Lost an arm, broke my other one had some crazy ass injuries and scarring but damn I survived it and I can still walk and run. Spent a lot of time in the hospital, killed alot of time on here during my stay, but it's time I woulda spent on here, hurt or not ??

Thanks for reading and for anyone that posts. Cant imagine any online community bein as cool as this one. ✌ 

-Nate

Jeez, moved to NC in January and then an accident on 01/04.  You must not have even been settled in yet.  Hope you are on the mend.  

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Hi Nate!! You’re a true fan. 

(Curious: When buying gloves, do you ask for 50% off?)

When you meet Nate you can shake hand.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

And this prick ? wonders why karma sends a gabby woman to derail his office staff...?

Nate seemed to have a good sense of humor about his predicament. Wishing others interruptions from “Gabby McGaberton” is ruthless. 

Hi Nate...welcome to TBD

My name is Bill, and I am in training to be an alcoholic. 

Oops before Gugny jumps in the answer is yes. A two fisted drinker

Edited by Niagara Bill
  • Haha (+1) 1

What up, Nate?  Not trying to be rude at all, just curious how you ended up getting hit by a train.  Care to share?  

One of my teammates in college got hit by a train and killed, but he was severely intoxicated and a lot of folks thought it was suicide (he had MH issues and recently got dumped by his GF).  Some people thought he passed out on the tracks.

49 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

What up, Nate?  Not trying to be rude at all, just curious how you ended up getting hit by a train.  Care to share?  

One of my teammates in college got hit by a train and killed, but he was severely intoxicated and a lot of folks thought it was suicide (he had MH issues and recently got dumped by his GF).  Some people thought he passed out on the tracks.

This is a legitimate question. Trains are big and loud and seem to be easy to avoid. I'm always curious as to how one gets hit by a train.

27 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This is a legitimate question. Trains are big and loud and seem to be easy to avoid. I'm always curious as to how one gets hit by a train.

Perhaps Nate is deaf, too.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I had a teammate in college who rarely drank (rare for the rugby team). He joined us at the bar one night and decided to walk home by himself early as the beer hit him pretty hard. It was only about a mile. How bad could it be? When we walked home a little later we found Marty sleeping in the snow.....on the active railroad tracks. Got lucky there! 

Welcome Nate! 

Edited by Augie